Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Confessions Of A Crx Owner...

Loz

*Loz walks cap in hand onto the forum....*

Got a new car yesterday chums......

its....er.......not an MR2 *Loz ducks the swipe at his head*

its a cheeky little red CRX VTI with removable roof. Standard UK Car. excelent condition and manual gearbox. car is totally bog standard but for a Pioneer radio casette and some chrome washer jets...

goes like stink as its the same 158bhp as the SW20 but its 120 kilos lighter.... Done 350 miles in since 5pm yesterday and Harty will tell you its a nice bit of kit as he very kindly drove my Lexus back for me from Sprotbourgh nr Doncaster! (Cheers M8!)

I'll be in touch with Ultraviolet about some basic sexy mods. But I am VERY happy with her so far! she's sat outside the office topless waiting for me. cant get much better than that....

Loz :zee:

Lozzy, Lozzy, Lozzy....

What can I say? After all the hours we spent on the phone, you go and do this.......

GOOD ON YOU PAL!!! Nice choice, and to be honest, we didn't even think of it as an option did we?

When you popping down to see me in it then? And you still coming to JAPS in Nottingham on Sunday right?

Enjoy it Loz - especially whilst the sun is out.......

Laters

Zee

nice one Loz.

our kid had a CRX a few years back.

twin turbo 1.n (can't remeber the number) - he reckoned about 160bhp in a car that was basically a go kart!

no refinements - no power steering, brake assist, CD, air con etc - but went like stick, and handled superbly!

the roar of that engine right behind your head was addictive!

It may well find itself on the track... :whistling:

I know it sure as sh :tsktsk: t will find its way to the Toyota Factory Tour! and JAPS!

And on that note:

Zee, Chris and the gang!

Who's up for a run up to stoke on Sunday evening after Japs? You know you wanna get the best value out of that polishing you'll be doing on Saturday night!

And Mr clingfilm, Don't even go there!!! :backofnet:

Ps. Ask Harty about the sideways action on the roundabout... :ph34r::yahoo::whistling:

and of course.... pics to follow....

Latest mods:

4 brand spanking new directional Firestone Boots! (er.... seeing as it had a a bald one on the front 195/60 14 and a pair of 195/70 14s on the back :iraqi-info-minister: :iraqi-info-minister: (lord knows why?) so now its got track ready ruybber that needs wearing in!

and when I find my digi cam....well!

Loz :winky:

Hey Loz,

I'll have a number 4 clipper on the top and a number 2 clipper rounds the sides and back. If you could blend it in and maybe thin my hair a bit I'd be grateful :D

:zee:

CRX's are awesome.

Of all the cars i've owned, i miss my little white crx more than any ... :sad:

So much fun.

It had 180k miles when i sold it ...

And still original, burnt no oil ... revved to high heaven...

and i used to rag the nuts off it round tracks etc .. Mucho funno

:wub::wub:

ahem....

So much for being sworn to secrecy......

glad you liked it but would you mind editing the number plate out please.. :whistling:

A lovely evening spent in good company in convivial surroundings. My thanks to MsW. I do hope you will be around there long enough to give me a full 3 stage buffing with the mcguires!

Loz :backofnet:

Fidg,

That is the one mod on the car that it had when I bought it. not cool at all but its easily remidied...

I've just given her a good waxing and reckon that she looks and feels well for it. I'm sure its not a meguires standard but I have not waxed a car in 5 years! SO she knows she's special now. I think I will dress the tyres again and then this aft, when I cruise down to the office I'll see if she draws some stares... SO far I have been offered two womens phone numbers... B) cant complain but, both women allready know I drive a big Lex so I reckon the GS is a bird repellant now and must be considered for replacement... (just kidding, she is a practical solution to a health threatening situation, she stays!)

Cant wait for Friday and Sunday. I'm up for some post tour cruiseing on Friday Chaps! and I keep telling you all we need to hit Stoke on Sunday night :winky: :zee: :ph34r: its where its going down.

Fidg,

lecky roof is too slow and only for birds. mine has a cradle in the boot that is nestless into and opens with the bootlid so not effecting the boot space more than an inch or two...

Modding wise. I have not decided if I'm keeping it yet. if I do then it will have induction, seats, lowered, and maybe a vetec adjuster kit. sits on the dash and lets you bring in the valves where you choose in the rev range instead of 5500rpm ( which is like a LPT.

not really intol body kits as you'll know by my GS300.

this is a summer toy and maybe will be my track tool if I am keeping it. I might even learn to live with it as an everydayer. (bye bye, GS :whistling: :duh: :shutit: )

Nice one Loz!

The roof is a fantastic piece of engineering - just try not to get it out of synch - that's not good :duh:

If you are looking for a vtec controller, consider something like the Apexi VAFC which also aloows fuel adjustment, because these motors run far too rich especially at the vtec point so attention here makes the engine run MUCH better :zee:

Both my mother-in-law and brother-in-law have CRX's and they're lovely cars.

My mum-in-law's one is like yours Loz (but I think it's a Jap-import) and brother-in-law's has the leccy roof and a nice, fairly subtle body kit. I've got first refusal on it for when he comes to sell it on :D

BUY IT!!! Claire, they are truely super little cars. I only worry that I will over-cook it and wind up with at least my pride hurt, if not my body! :crybaby:

But its surely gotta be the right time of year to give it some with the roof down. :zee:

TDIPLC my roof aint auto, its the "getoutandgraft" model :huh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links