Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm investigating new wheels for my LS400 - either having the existing ones refurbed or buying good used ones that don't need refurbing. Questions:

1) Is about £60 per wheel the norm for refurbing?

2) Do 17" DHP wheels fit non-DHP Mk.IVs without problems (other than generating more road noise and possibly a firmer ride, and of course needing more expensive tyres)?

Be wary when buying used wheels, I bought a nice looking set on fleabay,had my mate pick them up for me and then found one had a ding in the rim and another was oval shaped.

Damage and repairs are not easy to spot.

If you have your own wheels done you know their history.

I went down the refurbe route ,£60 quid per wheel is what I paid which is about right,they done a fantastic job on them,it took about 8 hours but it was worth it.

Pictures please.

Mike

Be wary when buying used wheels, I bought a nice looking set on fleabay,had my mate pick them up for me and then found one had a ding in the rim and another was oval shaped.

Was that the wheels from Liverpool, just been refurbished supposedly?

Shame if it was, they looked good condition on the ad pictures.

As you say, second hand wheels and tyres can be a bit of a gamble, even if they look good, you can't be sure till you've driven them on the car.

I have a set of 17" DHP wheels, fitted to a MK-III LS400.

Same as these

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=6183

I would describe mine as "usable", they are certainly not "perfect", so could probable do with a refurbish.

Set of 5, 2 with good tyres, 2 with very worn tyres which need immediate replacement and the spare is good too.

One of the wheels has quite a bit of laquer missing.

Will get some photos up soon, but only asking £250 for the set of 5.

Located in Fleet Hants, communte to Hemel Herts and can arrange delivery to many parts.

PM if you are interested.

As you say, second hand wheels and tyres can be a bit of a gamble, even if they look good, you can't be sure till you've driven them on the car.

Hi Mike,

I've sent you a PM.

Mike

i used that famous company which sends wheels out to you - you get them fitted and then return yours to them. Initially they looked good but after 18 months the laquar has started to left around the edges.

LexusGS300014.jpg

Hope this helps as I have 2 sets of optional wheels made by OZ with Lexus stamped inside and they take different bolts as can be seen in the picture. The tapered bolt with 19mm head fits the 17" DHP's and the other one with 21mm head fits the alloys on my MK2 GS 300. The different wheels are shown in 'help...near side rear shocker' on the GS forum.

They have done a nice job on them, do they still need painting after the powder coating? Sorry if that's a daft question but if they don't I'm wondering how to get the centre plastic cap the same colour.

They have done a nice job on them, do they still need painting after the powder coating? Sorry if that's a daft question but if they don't I'm wondering how to get the centre plastic cap the same colour.

No they dont paint them after powder coat. I professionally sprayed the center caps myself in BMW arctic silver, and the colour match is near as damnit spot on to the coatings

No it was a couple of years ago when I was looking for some replacements for my peeling chrome ones, I think they were from the Birmingham area.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links