Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

hi all thought i had posted earlier but cant find it. moderators please put in right catorgary if in wrong one

picked up 2001 gs430 today and drove back home 100 miles and i am very impressed with the drive and luxury of the lexus (compared to my galaxy) cant wait to go on a longer drive. can someone help with one thing re belt change interval. i am told by the lexus dealership that it is 100k. this one has been changed at 67k. does that mean i need to change at roughly 134k or 167k

• 1 month later...

Congratulations on your new car! I still remember my first experience of driving a Lexus when I picked up my LS400. It still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. I thought about getting one of the GS models before opting for the LS. I'd love to see some photos if you have the time?

That is Ghosty's old GS430 off here, he has posted the link a couple of times incase someone was after one. Apparently the seller relisted it under a different username when it didn't sell the first time round.

This is interesting and I was wondering if any GS300 owners may be able to help me:

I am again contemplating replacing my 97 LS 400 and a GS430 is a possibility...However there are not that many to be found and I was wondering how the GS300 compares. My LS doesnt run past 4000 RPM (It's a long story: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=73960)

...So I am interested in how fast and capable a GS 300 would be: Could one cruise happily at say 100 MPH on the Autobahn, say?

Instinct tells me that it probably would do that but could it do that without breaking a sweat? My LS is running at around 3300 RPM at a ton.

All info gratefully recieved.

I had a 1999 GS300 for a short time and I felt there was little in terms of acceleration between them. The LS is rated at 250BHP and the GS at 225BHP plus there is a weight difference.

Cruising speed was not a problem and the GS was better on fuel.

The GS handling was again in my opinion better but that is to be expected from a more sporty model, the seats were also better in that I sat higher than in the LS.

Sold the GS locally so still see it around and often wonder if I made the right choice by keeping the LS.

Can't comment on the comparisons between the LS400 and GS300, but the GS300 will cruise at the the speeds you mention with little effort. The performance difference between a GS300 and GS430 is quite considerable, the GS430 has some serious get up and go. That's not to say the GS300 isn't nippy, but in comparison to GS430, feels quite pedestrian.

• 2 weeks later...

The performance difference between a GS300 and GS430 is quite considerable, the GS430 has some serious get up and go. That's not to say the GS300 isn't nippy, but in comparison to GS430, feels quite pedestrian.

I'll second that! :driving::hehe: :winky:

What's the performance difference between a GS430 and a GS450 ? :driving:

450h is slightly quicker acceleration ........0-62 about 0.3 of a second quicker I believe.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links