Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stereo's Working.. But No Sound?

Just nipped into town... stereo on as usual, then all of a sudden... nothing, stereo working as normal, just no sound coming out of speakers... tried CD's etc... nothing... :blink:

Car is going in for a service tomorrow, so try and get them to fix it (car is still under warranty).. but has anyone got an idea of whats gone wrong?

looking at your avatar you probably was in your coffee pose and applied the brakes too hard and spilt coffee into your system

Do not drink and drive Ian!

pot noodle tastic fella! :winky:

Yeah... maybe after 14 months the car got tired of Radio 1...

I've actually been out again and played... it seems the 'subs' are working, but I have to turn the volume up 1/2 way to hear it... and no other speaker is outputting... does this follow with the fuse theory?

thanks.

Ouch... sounds expensive... glad the car is under warranty for the next month...

Plus, it was booked in for a service tomorrow, so they are going to have a look at it...

It is my understanding if you report a fault within the warranty period, it is fixed for free, even if the time it takes extends beyond this... please tell me this is right... :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, took car in to get amp replaced today.. said it would take 2-3 hours..

Took the courtesy Red IS200 Sport + Styling Kit and went shopping with Mrs Mop..

Returned a few hours later...

They put in the new amp.. same problem,

They tried a new stereo, same problem,

They tried an amp from another car, same problem,

They tested the speakers worked... they did...

I needed to come home to get some work done... sorry you can't take the IS away as it is a sales persons company car..

The only car you can take away tonight is the service managers company car.... a DIESEL :sick: 307 estate.. :crybaby:

So, they still dont know whats wrong :unsure: and I miss my Lexus more than I ever have! :crybaby:

Okay, they have found the problem...

It appears one of the tweeters has gone.... so they have ordered another, which should arrive on Tuesday.

Until then, I am stuck with the diesel estate... but at least my car will be fixed next week...

They can just disconnect the offending tweeter. As long as there is a single speaker connected to the crossover, it will be load balanced and fine.

As with most amps, it probably has short circuit protection. Funny how it didn't show up when they tested the speakers though.

Yeah.... apparantly they only checked the main speakers... they didnt think to check the tweeters! :ph34r:

And they said it works with the tweeter disconnected.. but since the car is under warranty... i may as well get it fixed asap

I GOT THE CAR BACK :D :lol:

Yippppeeeeeeee!

All fixed...

A big thumbs up to Lexus Swindon, the customer service was first class...

The stereo is working as good as before (if not better)...

They even valeted the car for me :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links