Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just Been Promoted!

djanderso

As everybody has said.. Nice one mate.. But dont you think its time to go gold? :lol::lol:

jac

I was waiting for someone to day that.... :whistling:

Here's the deal. My IS is 3 years old in September and due to be replaced. If, I decide to keep the car, or IF I buy another IS, then I will go gold! But if I switch to my current favorite replacement then I won't! :)

I've given myself the following options:

1) Keep the current baby for one more year (when she'll be four)

2) Trade it for a new IS200

3) Trade it for a 6 month old IS300

4) Trade it for a new Honda Accord 2.4 Exec (fully loaded)

5) Trade it for a new Saab 93 Sport Saloon 2.0T Vector (Saying quietly)

6) Trade it for a 1 year old Honda S2000

I normally only keep a car for 2 years - this will be the first I have kept one for 3 simply because I love it - so I probably won't go for option 2 or 3 as I'd rather wait now and see what the next generation IS looks like. So it's a short straw between 1, 4, and 6 really (5 is probably not going to happen). I keep saying to myself I should go for the S2000 while I'm young enough (ahem) and no kids (yet). Oh decisions, decisions....

At the risk of being flogged for suggesting an alternative marque!!! I love the S2000. I've gone off the looks, but the performance is brilliant :D

My friend took me out for spin in his when I was pregnant and went sooo fast I was sick for a day. BRILLIANT FUN !!!

6) Trade it for a 1 year old Honda S2000

If it's fun you want (with little or no practicality) then the Honda S2000 takes it! Leave internal storage space, etc., for when you're older :winky:

I don't really need a car with storage space - as long as the boot is big enough for my laptop bag! - We've got the CR-V for the practical bit which is great for lugging things and it works in the snow! The S2000 is really appealling - but it's been around for as long as the IS and is probably due a makeover soon given the competition has moved on too (Z4, 3.2TT, etc).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links