Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tyres

I am nearing 10k on the IS200SE, was initially expecting 12k out of the tyres (with the way I drive!), but they look so far so good. I also thought that they will need to be swapped as per the manual with stated 6k as the ideal point, but didn't do it and it's very even front and back! I wonder why.

Anyway, in the light of this, what kind of miles do you guys get out of your tyres? And what tyres and IYO the best for an IS200SE?

Mine lasted 9K, when changed 3 were just about legal still, 1 just past it. Changed for Michelin AVS Sport all round, seem good so far, definately more grip than the Bridgestones that came off. Currently looking at getting new wheels (19's) with Yokohama A038R:

http://www.yokohama.co.uk/Tire/Rep/04%20Co...ion/index8.html

Not quite sure if they are road legal though (think so because they are an option on the Lotus Elise & Exige and are standard on the 340R)

Im on about 12K now myself & the tyres im using are the bridgestone potenza's. Although wear is fairly good, my results differ....My front tyres have worn about 1-2m, but my rear tyres are half worn! So ive just had them rotated. In my last IS200 I decided to put yokahama tyres on because from previous expereince they have been outstanding on previous cars, no matter what weather conditions, but because they are made of a softer compound they do wear out pretty quick! But they seemed to make little difference to the roadholding on the IS, so a testament to the road holding of the car!!

Ive just stuck with the bridgestone's they seem an all round good tyre!

My car has done 9000 miles now and the tyres still have at least 5mm on them but I don't drive slow !

The Dunlops SP9000 seem to be more hard wearing

I´v just bought new tires, i bought the Good Year Eagle F1. I´m very satisfied with toose tires mush better than the Michelin Pilot i ran before.

/cheers Gus

Just past 1200 miles and my front offside got punctured by a huge nail on Saturday! Swapped it with the spare and going into my Lexus dealer today to see about getting it (hopefully!!) repaired.

Just wondering whether I'd be cheaper to just go straight to a tyre repairer rather than via Lexus - but prefer to see what dealer says first.

Gareth

Bad luck mate. I had my rear right punctured by a screw one week from new! I went to Kwikfit and they were very helpful. The hole was a bit near the sidewall and was on the verge of being illegal to repair, thank *** the guy was very cool. The tyre then was quoted at near £200! (Dunlop SP Sport9000, 215 45, 17s)

It also took him AGES to take off and replace (the tyre) since my new was so new and shiny, and the guy was really sweating for me! He thought I have driven 50 miles, when I have done 700 already!

Anyway..... hope you get it repaired.

It does seem like the Dunlops are very good, very predictable in the dry, lots of grip and feel, and hard wearing. I was suspicious of them in the beginning but after seeing them on an M5 and M3, I gave them respect. So maybe I should stick with them... and better suggestions?

Originally posted by Ezzer

Bad luck mate. I had my rear right punctured by a screw one week from new! I went to Kwikfit and they were very helpful. The hole was a bit near the sidewall and was on the verge of being illegal to repair, thank *** the guy was very cool. The tyre then was quoted at near £200! (Dunlop SP Sport9000, 215 45, 17s)

get it repaired.

It does seem like the Dunlops are very good, very predictable in the dry, lots of grip and feel, and hard wearing. I was suspicious of them in the beginning but after seeing them on an M5 and M3, I gave them respect. So maybe I should stick with them... and better suggestions?

I can get the Dunlops fitted including VAT for £165.00 each

Update! Unloading my punctured spare at the Aberdeen Lexus dealer this morning when the mechanic spotted I had another screw stuck in my rear offside tyre! I don't believe it! (best Victor Meldrew impression ;))

They have their own in-house tyre fitter so just decided to leave them to fix it. Will see what it costs me now!

(Oh and I corrected my original post - I've only done 1200 miles).

Gareth

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links