Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

How Fast?

Loz

Maybe I have lost my mind, but this to me was pretty fast to be steering with one hand and doing a David Bailey with the other. But it is representative of the benefits of "Cool Blue" Steet legal racing fuel.

speed_run.sized.jpg

Now when I hit the Noz, what do you suppose happened?

Loz :whistling:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That must have been some Omega! one of the 3.2 V6 jobbies?

if you look carefully you can see the signs for roadworks in my field of vision too!!

Yep it did feel good. and typically Lexus, there was no fuss just a little more noise that at say 130 crusing speed...

Wish I could have snapped one 2 seconds later when it hit the stops. I had to put the cam down to hit the Noz briefly though... shame! next time you hold the camera?

:zee:

Yes, it was a super Omega, the owner works for Opel in Rudesheim (sp?) This was his UK company car which he'd taken back with him prior to his German replacement being available- hence the speedo in MPH

Oh, and I'll hold the camera, no probs. :D

Loz,

Do you have sat nav on your car. If so you can see how accurate your speedo is. At 80mph on my car if I turn on cruise control and reset the average speed on the trip computer I get a speed reading of 76mph.

Colin, I take the final drive ratio of 28.1 mph per 1000rpm and tally that with the indicated speed. See what I get. Also I used to use sat nav and av. speed fuel computers to cross ref the speedo. but Its anyones guess which is more accurate. I even bought a GPS system to compare. Would you like me to get that in the picture next time. that (unlike your car system) talks on three channels to 4 satalites concurrently. But Still I can't tell you if its better than my Lexus Speedo...

just remember, speed don't kill people. People kill people!

but its an amazing feeling having a rush of speed at over 150mph. MSW, let me know when you are available for speed trials... Late night Track sessions are the order of business. Maybe we could get the Wild one in too and see if she'll crack 160 THREE UP!! I know that would be worth a giggle.

Ps. How much is a new GS300 Engine, Chris? in case I blow this one up...

DO I get 15% off?

PPs. I might have to sell of my caravan in Skegness to start paying for mods at this rate... :whistling:

. But Still I can't tell you if its better than my Lexus Speedo...

The speedo is normally designed to read over for UK cars. I have the workshop manual for a MKII UK MR2 and in the procedure for testing the speedo it states that a 70 mph if the speedo actually reads 70 it need to be replaced! Cannot remember the exact figure but I think it needs to read 71-79.

The fuel computer should be more accurate, I would have thought it wouldn't use GPS but the wheel sensors for the speed calculations. However even tyre wear will cause difference, at 100mph the difference between 8mm and 2mm of tread will cause 2-3 mph difference.

So, we all agree we were going mightly fast then.... Thats good. cos from now on I am never going above 77mph.

I am going for the world most economical GS300 too...

I will accelerate at warp speed up to my road permited allowance and then continue to feather the loud pedal to give me 78.5 mpg!

Bonza! :mat:

PPs. I might have to sell of my caravan in Skegness to start paying for mods at this rate... :whistling:

Loz

Tell me you don't have a van in skeggy - please no surely not

Si

you're jealous arent you?

No, Simon. my second home is 3 bed semi in Taunton. unfortunately the wicked witch lives there for now ( Twins Momma ). of couse, when the KIds turn 16/18/move out. KERRRCHING!!!!!and that will be my Vanquish and small holding in France!

Loz :offtopic:

ah loz welome to the 160+ club. would be interesting to see who gets there first, me or you.

tell me are you also in the 300+club not sure what your bhp is now you got NOZ :blink::whistling:

PRetty sure you would get there first Dawsey! what with your rocket proppelled Jay Cloth!

Takes me ages lugging 2 tons. I'll measure the "track" it took me to get there when I have time. reckon a mile and half. Not sure.

As for the 300+ club? Well Not sure till I get on the rolling road. (can you get me on cheap??) but its safew to say if I am not, then I am brayying pretty hard on the door of it!

the next step is to r/road it and agree the best jets to get me closer to stowick but still on the rich side. that will assure me of somewhere around 330bhp. and with the race fuel (cool blue 106 ron) we can safely say 350 BHP is not beyond our reach!

Get me cheap deal on the rooling road mate. and I'll meet you on the black top one more time.

Loz :zee:

get a soarer.. they do 170 without nos!!!!!!

Thats nice mate, but I am finding out how much a new diff would cost to lengthen my fith gear to get me to 200mph...

then I just need to power to propel it.... how many 200mph GS300's do you reckon there are in West Yorkshire.

Of course you might ask, "where would you use that loz?"

Well, with judicous use of the noz I am wonder what kind of hit the engine would take at 150mph in top, to get you to 200mph in say 5-10 seconds?

but its late.... and I might be sane again in the morning...

:geek:

hey Loz.. you would need to de-restrict the car to go above 155

plus get a new speedo

I reckon and i dont think i am alone here... that the car would not manage it... its like i am picturing your car overtaking mats monster! :lol::lol:

I would certainly need to get that on camera!

Remember.. on an airfield only please!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links