Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Popular Is The Rx400H?

I’ve been a proud owner of a 400h for only six weeks down here in Cornwall and I’m yet to
see another. It got me wondering just how many are left. The link below
provides the answer.

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=rx400h

At the time of writing 5,356 and I’m yet to see one.

This has got me wondering whether the majority of vehicles owned are in urban areas.
Where do you live and do you regularly see similar vehicles to the one you own?

I see a far amount of the RX400H where I am in West Sussex, in fact a neighbour has just bought one. I rarely see an LS400, although it is a rarer car. When I go to London I nearly always see one, yesterday being one of those days. Strange choice for London really considering it takes an hour to travel 10 miles!

Phil

I'm seeing 11,254 400h vehicles across all the trim levels on the road and another 56 SORN from the data on that site.

Personally I see quite a few in Surrey, and quite a few normal petrol series II RXs too.

I’ve been a proud owner of a 400h for only six weeks down here in Cornwall and I’m yet to

see another. It got me wondering just how many are left. The link below

provides the answer.

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=rx400h

At the time of writing 5,356 and I’m yet to see one.

This has got me wondering whether the majority of vehicles owned are in urban areas.

Where do you live and do you regularly see similar vehicles to the one you own?

There are far more than that in the UK.

Indeed there are Duncan, 11,254 according to the link and as Colin has already highlighted.

However, if you look at the stats you'll notice that I was referring to my particular model.

There's quite a few round my way, RX400h in particular (when I say, 'quite a few', I'm talking 6 or 7 :shifty: - they're not a Ford Focus).

I work in Canary Wharf - there's always a few in the car park I use... (and a very nice, new F-type Jag, the most beautiful car I've seen in years :ooh-ducky: ).

Fair few in south Hampshire too.

Travelled from Winchester to Hoddesdon in Hertfordshire to Craydon in Kent and back to Hampshire yesterday (basically all around the M25 anticlockwise) and saw 6 RX400h and 1 petrol only car (not sure whether it was 300 or 350).

One thing that puzzles me, is that you always see the same colours. For instance I have only ever seen 1 white one (St Lucia Pearl I think) and 1 metallic red one. Both looked very smart so why so rare? Were these colours limited editions?

The bigger and more expensive the car, the better it works in a dark colour or silver. It's only smaller cars that can really get away with bright colours.

White is current flavour of the month but I personally don't like that either.

That F-type I mentioned in my last post? It's orange :msn-oh: - luckily it's such a great looking car so it just about looks OK, but if it was in British Racing Green or Stafford Blue, I'd marry it :shifty:

You see a few around North Yorkshire although I put that down to having a dealer on Teesside so they are fairly close by.

I seem to see more RX450h than RX400h and invariably in white while most RX400h seem to be silver (as is mine)

Personally I don't want to see loads of RX400's, one of the reasons I bought mine was because they are fairly rare overall, I didn't want to be a sheep and of course when you come to sell......

We have had two RX400h's .... 1st one when we lived in the Thames Valley and there were quite a few there ........ We are now in East Anglia with our 2nd one and we do not see too many out here.

Interesting responses; I broke my duck yesterday and saw two, one in Cornwall and the other in Devon. I spotted a gleaming black and not so gleaming beige type colour.

Along with keywest, I seem to see more 450h, and I thought we were in a recession. Perhaps people would rather spend their money wisely on large ticket items and enjoy life a little instead of putting it away in the bank gaining little interest. I know I have!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links