Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201303115713469/sort/default/usedcars/price-to/2000/model/ls/make/lexus/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/radius/1500/page/2/postcode/cw14tx?logcode=p

Has any one seen this LS on Autotrader. Is it over priced? Going to have a look tomorrow. It was going for 2.5k. Now dopped to 2k. He says he will not go much lower.Since I sold my old one, There has been something missing. Really want another one. Any advice gratefully recieved. Thanks.

looks nice and clean in the pictures - all i can say is you are in a better position to bargain since (a) car has been on auto trader for a while and (b) its been reduced meaning seller is eager to sell it but certainly doesnt mean you cant make an offer - you have nothing to lose

From what I have learned the ls400 2000 on here, Lexus was at its peak here. Downhill after that. Looked at the LS460, LS430. Beautiful cars, both models. But just can't match with LS400. Not sure what's missing. At the moment, I own 3 litre Mondeo with small mileage. But need I need say more with ls400. Which will last the longer????

Cambelt just been changed ....... looks a no brainer at £2k I'd have thought. Nice looking car which will last you forever if you wanted I guess.

Malc

If he bought it through the auctions I doubt he paid more than £1000, you would be amazed how little these cars fetch in the auctions. Bid low you can always go up a little. Tough it out he will and don't fall for the old mate trick, he is a tough car dealer and he will want to get as much of your money as possible and sleep soundly for doing it. Mike

No mention of service history? What would be crafty is to go and have a look and if it is as good as it seems in the pictures take a look at the V5C which will have the previous owner shown, make a note of the details and then contact them for more information especially, if they will tell you, what they got in part exchange.

• Like 1

No mention of service history? What would be crafty is to go and have a look and if it is as good as it seems in the pictures take a look at the V5C which will have the previous owner shown, make a note of the details and then contact them for more information especially, if they will tell you, what they got in part exchange.

All is fair in Love and Car buying. Mike

Just rang the dealer. Asked about any history. Says there is early history. The car was serviced locally up to now. For the last few years it was only used 6 months of the year. He says he will put 12 months MOT and do the brakes which need doing. Going to take a look. Thanks for everyone's advice. Tom

Been down to have a look. When I arrived it was covered in dust where it had been stood for the last 3 months. It would not start coz of being stood for so long. Had the key problem, but got round that ok. He cleaned it all off, fired her up. Long story cut short, drives as expected, beautfully. Bonnet struts need doing, along with brakes. He will put 12 months MOT, and do the brakes, and anything else that needs doing MOT wise.It has service history up to 2008. The last owner had owned it since 2007. Had all the other servicing done locally. Got him down 1800. I think I can get him lower. Opinions would be welcome. Should I hang out a bit longer, or just go for it? Thanks again.

Been down to have a look. When I arrived it was covered in dust where it had been stood for the last 3 months. It would not start coz of being stood for so long. Had the key problem, but got round that ok. He cleaned it all off, fired her up. Long story cut short, drives as expected, beautfully. Bonnet struts need doing, along with brakes. He will put 12 months MOT, and do the brakes, and anything else that needs doing MOT wise.It has service history up to 2008. The last owner had owned it since 2007. Had all the other servicing done locally. Got him down 1800. I think I can get him lower. Opinions would be welcome. Should I hang out a bit longer, or just go for it? Thanks again.

Try £1700. Tell him he's got a deal if he accepts it. If it's covered in dust and flat he's likely to go for it.

What about the cambelt?

If he is going to service and fix it up plus mot , 1800 is a great price , i would not push to hard for the sake of a 100 pounds, if you got it for 1600 and did the work your self 1800 plus ?grab it drive it Love it.

I have bought it. I have chopped in a 06 plate Mondeo against it. He is paying me to take it off his hands. My Mrs thinks I am potty. But is it listen to heart or head. I just love these cars. He is going to put right anything he finds wrong and MOT it.Pick up in a couple of days. Please tell me I have done the right thing. Tom.

Of course you have done the right thing .... the mondeo will be a rustbox and on the scrapheap donkeys years before the Lexus.

Both your heart and your head have told you you're doing exactly the right thing .......... so just stop worrying

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links