Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I Would Sell My Is For This

Blacked out windows is an immediate "uh oh" for me.

I understand what you mean by blacked out windows, however, I was considering having it done on mine so it isn't always cause for concern.

I know someone who has a 98 Lexus ls400 with I think 71000 miles on it, but it had blacked out windows, and it looked quiet nice, his is the DHP model, he was saying he was selling it soon, he's an antiques dealer. Car was silver in colour with black leather interior, he parked his car next to my x reg ls400 yesterday, and his is slightly lower as well, I think that's due to it being the rare DHP model.

It all depends on what tickles your fancy, the young these days wear their trousers so low that it exposes what ever colour pants or boxer shorts they happen to be wearing. I did try this fashion for a while but was arrested, maybe its because I'm old but they said it was considered indecent exposure. This maybe the reason why old men wear their trousers with the waist line just under their male boobs with a strong leather belt and a good pair of braces. Oh yes, darkened windows, don't like them. Mike

• Like 3

i just wondered what preconceived ideas people have about blacked out windows

would it stop you going to see it ,if it was a perfectly good car otherwise,would it stop you buying it?

just wondering,as i have a ls with dark windows, i bought it like it,might not have been first choice,but otherwise a lovely car my cars dark red with the windows,colour not my first choice either ,but it looks good together and has grown on me,it does'nt seem dark inside,and it was done about 10 yrs ago,and the guy i bought it off was'nt a drug dealer or a rapper,a guy in his fifties who had 2 other lexi

just asking one day i might have to sell it,not yet though

i just wondered what preconceived ideas people have about blacked out windows

would it stop you going to see it ,if it was a perfectly good car otherwise,would it stop you buying it?

just wondering,as i have a ls with dark windows, i bought it like it,might not have been first choice,but otherwise a lovely car my cars dark red with the windows,colour not my first choice either ,but it looks good together and has grown on me,it does'nt seem dark inside,and it was done about 10 yrs ago,and the guy i bought it off was'nt a drug dealer or a rapper,a guy in his fifties who had 2 other lexi

just asking one day i might have to sell it,not yet though

I just think it looks naff, but then I am old and as my son keeps telling me it was different in your day dad. That is true as in my day we welcomed the looks of envy as I drove along in my sit up and beg E93A Ford Prefect. Mike

I wouldn't look at a car with blacked-out windows because to me, with climate control, I don't see the point - other than fashion. It's the same with chrome brake light surrounds, bling alloys, etc. It just cheapens the car. But that's just my personal opinion.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links