Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Cruise To Calais

DUDE you are so right!!

Last year Myself and JM russell took our combined 14 cylinders and 7 litres of Lexus load carrier to France. Did a CHampagne Run with family in tow. was a great run and superb weekend. I have recently been itching to go back....(run out of Champers).

I am deffo up for a weekend cruise to the continent. I think last time we brought back 127 bottles of Champers between us. Anyone up for setting a new record?

:zee:

wary of the fact that there is a TTE tour in NOvember which will be a continent basher for some. but what timing did you have in mind?

Let people know and how long you thinking of going for ( overnighter?? or day blast) Overnighter for me as I have a 300mile trip to the coast to get on the boat!

Come on folks? who's up for a Lex Cruise. dust off your passports!

Like the idea, only prob is I'm not keen on ferries. If it's rough, I'd chuck :sick:

Guess the old Eurotunnel is too expensive :huh:

How lucky I am ! I can go to Calais without taking the ferry :P

I was only making a suggestion to the LOC.

I wasn't expecting to organise the whole thing :excl: But if you want me to I will try my best.

It does seem a waste to got just for a day eh... I realise thats a long way for some who will be travelling far just to get to DOVER. Be fun to LOAD onto the Ferry together. Perhaps meet in DOVER first and cruise to the Ferry. Just imagine... LEXUS on one DECK :excl: :D How many club members? How about TOC too :question:

Loz .... Can we organise this together, If no one wants to take on the responsibility :question:

Do you mind :question:

Any time suits me. I guess we should wait for some feedback till the END of this Bank Holiday weekend and set up a Date during September when it's still warm and sunny.

Ohh... I'm excited already...

Come on LOC members.. Who's in? I think Duration of stay is entirely upto you :excl:

BUT we Must all meet for lunch on the other end and a small gathering and cruise / Park up before people want to go their seperate shopping ways...

:zee: hope he comes...

this was suggested before

a damn good idea

problem was the ferry tickets if bought more than a month before were expensive

so it needs to be organised within a month to take advantage of cheap day returns

overnighters again were expensive

the chunnel choo choo is quite competetive ,worth checking out

but no duty free !

saturdays are busy days

sundays are quiet but no hyper markets open (await to be corrected)

french roads are a blast, empty and smooth but the french police are absolute b******s

and fines are expensive and on the spot

great idea steve, cant wait to go

anyone got a spare room for loz? (lock up your daughters,wives etc etc :lol: )

saturdays are busy days

sundays are quiet but no hyper markets open (await to be corrected)

french roads are a blast, empty and smooth but the french police are absolute b******s

and fines are expensive and on the spot

You're right Saturday is not a good day, crowd everywhere.

Supermarket are closed at least on the afternoon. Some little ones open on the morning. Some car centers are open but around Paris only.

French police is going worst and worst. For 40km/h over the limit they can keep the car and your driving license.

Fines are from 90€ to 375€ (750 if not paid on time) until 40km/h and 1500€ for 50km/h over the limit.

Radar detector are forbidden. If found, they keep the car and your driving license.

Welcome in France, country of liberty :whistling: :shutit:

Just did a sample booking on POferries.com

Got this result. and it's for a Saturday trip.

Dover to Calais 10am

Calais to Dover 11.45pm

2 ADULTS 1 LEXUS RETURN for £43.00

They got deals where if you book by 29th SEPT and travel by 30th SEP 2003

They range from £23 to £33 , afternoon and day trip respectively.

If Quote NEW HORIZONS OFFERS you get 1 or 3 bottles of wine free. respectively.

On the EUROTUNNEL I got a quote or £39.00 Based on the same Travel time :excl: NO DUTY FREE though :angry:

Who would be interested in the DAY RETURN TRIP ?

EITHER

SATURDAY 20th SEPT 10am DOVER return from CALAIS 11.45PM :question: O.R

SATURDAY 4th OCTOBER 10am DOVER return from CALAIS 11.45PM :question:

LETS GET NUMBERS :excl: Thats CRUISE/LUNCH/SHOP and a LIST TOGETHER :D

Can someone INSERT A LIST IN THIS POST FOR BOTH DATES ...Please.

So are we saying that Sunday all the shops are closed? I was not aware of this being the case. IN December when we went to Epernay we hit the HYpermarket on SUnday morning I think... got a wierd shaped bottle of Champers... But I digress. Are we confined to a weekend day. I for one could do a Monday or Thursday and take some time off... Suggest we do it 1st week in october thought... ANy thoughts?

Loz

Loz, on sunday only a few supermarket are open and most of these are only open in the morning. On December all of them are open because of Christmas purchases

Just did a sample booking on POferries.com

Got this result. and it's for a Saturday trip.

Dover to Calais 10am

Calais to Dover 11.45pm

2 ADULTS 1 LEXUS RETURN for £43.00

They got deals where if you book by 29th SEPT and travel by 30th SEP 2003

They range from £23 to £33 , afternoon and day trip respectively.

If Quote NEW HORIZONS OFFERS you get 1 or 3 bottles of wine free. respectively.

On the EUROTUNNEL I got a quote or £39.00 Based on the same Travel time :excl: NO DUTY FREE though :angry:

Who would be interested in the DAY RETURN TRIP ?

EITHER

SATURDAY 20th SEPT 10am DOVER return from CALAIS 11.45PM :question: O.R

SATURDAY 4th OCTOBER 10am DOVER return from CALAIS 11.45PM :question:

LETS GET NUMBERS :excl: Thats CRUISE/LUNCH/SHOP and a LIST TOGETHER :D

Can someone INSERT A LIST IN THIS POST FOR BOTH DATES ...Please.

returning from calais at 11:45 seems a bit late

taking 1.5 hours across

arrive in dover 1:45

just concerned for those who might be travelling a couple of hours once back in old blighty

october sounds good for me

why not make a dedicated thread on the meetings forum with sign ups

and edit list as people join

does this have to be a group booking or will everyone fend for themselves

I don't know how to make an event list with sign up thingy... but I will start a thread.

WHAT I NEED YOU ALL TO DO IS JUST PUT DOWN PREFERED DATE AND "YES" you are happy to come back at 1:45am (I am! and I have a 330mile journey home unless someone has a spare daughter...er.... I mean bed!) ;)

Loz :ph34r:

I think it will be a case almost of....

that song "i don't care how you get here, get here if you can"

I think everyone should book on their own accord, if most want ferry we use ferry.

The suggestion of meeting up in DOVER and travelling up together is GREAT, I think once we get there, all meet up, cruise, lunch, and then shop.. I think from the shopping part people can leave as early or as late as they like.. I think it'll take a bit of organisation for all to meet up again if we were all to catch the 11:45pm back. some might want to stay longer or shorter.

Just an idea....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links