Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Exhaust

SParkyWar

I am under the impression the lexus exhaust must drop off or rot within 3 years,i thought they were dual stainless,just curios but whats wrong with the standard ones ;)

They're just a bit too restrictive, poor little IS can't breathe properly :lol:

They're just a bit too restrictive, poor little IS can't breathe properly 

Ive also read sumwhere that the IS is quite dependant on backpressure though,and you can even loose HP if you take too much out,this is wat put me off the powerflow option so ive gone for the Peco back box.

am under the impression the lexus exhaust must drop off or rot within 3 years,i thought they were dual stainless,just curios but whats wrong with the standard ones

theres nothing wrong with the standard exhaust as far as doing its job,ppl get the other zausts for sound and performance ,but i have a feeling you know this judging by your boyracer comment in fidgits peco post :P :lol:

Ive also read sumwhere that the IS is quite dependant on backpressure though,and you can even loose HP if you take too much out

That's exactly what I have with my custom exhaust, I have a 10 to 20 BHP loss :crybaby: . It is mostly when I kick the floor that it is noticeable :tsktsk:

A little HKS cat-back should solve it before the end of the year :whistling::hehe:

......thats intrsting, the custom /STD box i did which is now on Fluffs car actually gained about 5 hp.......

it was certainly quicker, i did a slight modification inside the rear box.

the good thing it still looks std, but sounds like a hks..

......thats intrsting, the custom /STD box i did which is now on Fluffs car actually gained about 5 hp.......

Care to elabirate :winky:

I am under the impression the lexus exhaust must drop off or rot within 3 years,i thought they were dual stainless,just curios but whats wrong with the standard ones  ;)

They're just a bit too restrictive, poor little IS can't breathe properly :lol:

now i know ,cheers chris :)

Care to elabirate :winky:

nope.........

but i do exchange units

it can be done yourself, if you get the correwct pipe and can weld....its not easy to do,

It cant be harder than soldering 23 wires on to a playstaion 2 mobo and i can do that :winky:

Wat would the exchange programme involve?

Strange i have asked a question about a specific Exhaust (Mongoose) and now the topic is full of replies talking about other things like modded Box and other ... :P

Can someone give a clear response to my question :

Is there someone using Mongoose Exhaust out there :question:

Thank you for your answers. :winky:

Strange i have asked a question about a specific Exhaust (Mongoose) and now the topic is full of replies talking about other things like modded Box and other ...  :P

Can someone give a clear response to my question :

Is there someone using Mongoose Exhaust out there  :question:

Thank you for your answers.  :winky:

I can only assume that no one has a Mongoose :huh:

I don't have one. I've got the HKS Super Drager.

Give this thread a bit of time and see if someone comes along who can answer your question with a YES ;)

ALSO I THINK IF YOU GIVE IT TIME, MAYBE JUST MAYBE ONE OF THE 3000+ MEMBERS MAY BE ABLE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.

as it stands at the moment, the 20 or so members who have looked at this post obviously dont

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links