Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Is The Mark Levinson System

200h

i have heard so many people talking about this and am not too sure exactly what it is ,is it an option when you buy a new car or is it an upgrade that you can do yourself ???

could anyone help me please.

I have to say I'm very impressed with the Mark L system in my Mrs CT ,the sound is so crisp with great bass lines,i have a Porsche with Bose which while being very good doesn't come close.

I can confirn this, the ML system in my GS is very good. Ask your dealer if they have a copy of the HARMAN stereo demo disc they use, it's titled The Sounds Of New York. It will demonstrate how good the systen really is

• 7 years later...

hello all, hope youre all well

i thought id reply to this topic instead of starting a new one....

im due to take delivery of a 68 plate ct200h with the upgraded 10inch display and ML audio

been searching around the internet for specific information regarding the Mark Levinson on the Ct200's but im unable to really find out specifics 

can anyone with an upgraded system answer the following if you don't mind?

[1] what are the main differences in the upgraded 10 inch compared to the 7 inch?
 i.e. isit just the size of the screen or are there key software changes, more options, new sub sections etc?

[2] in regards to the ML system. how customisable isit? are there options to change bass, treble, bass, perhaps more soundscape options as well?
different audio profiles?

[3] how good is the subwoofer? do you find that the low frequencies come through well when cranked to, say, 70/80 percent volume?

many thanks
Joe

30 minutes ago, Joeb359 said:

[1] what are the main differences in the upgraded 10 inch compared to the 7 inch?

i.e. isit just the size of the screen or are there key software changes, more options, new sub sections etc?

[2] in regards to the ML system. how customisable isit? are there options to change bass, treble, bass, perhaps more soundscape options as well?
different audio profiles?

[3] how good is the subwoofer? do you find that the low frequencies come through well when cranked to, say, 70/80 percent volume?

1] Do not know the 7" but the 10" is OK. Resolution on the poor side as it is not really that sharp. Infotainment in Lexus is medium quality.

2] Absolutely excellent sound system. Bass, treble, balance left - right + front - rear fully adjustable. Have been selling audio equipment costing almost the same as a car and the ML is absolutely great.

3] Subwoofer can reproduce sound of a double bass (acoustic) in fine quality. If you want to listen to classic music it is perfect. Voice of Barbra sounds so sweet.

The sound system is not meant to compete with a disco so do not try to damage your ears in the car as sound quality is not improving when getting to full power. The car is so silent that it is not needed for us to have it higher than level 40 and I have damaged my ears playing music long time ago with so many loudspeaker boxes behind that ear protection was not enough.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

All you wanted to know about the Lexus Mark Levinson sound system. Each model detailed.

https://www.marklevinson.com/in-lexus.html

thank you for the link 🙂
i presume mark levinson doesn't install their systems in U.S CT200 vehicles
no sign of them on that website 

15 hours ago, Joeb359 said:

thank you for the link 🙂
i presume mark levinson doesn't install their systems in U.S CT200 vehicles
no sign of them on that website 

We have the Mark Levinson in our CT200h and it is absolutely great.

since starting this post i looked at buying an Rc300h with the levinson system installed

the dealer left a cd in the head unit and to be honest i wasnt blown away with it

i thought it would of sounded soo much better than it did, i'm presuming the cd

was left in the car intentionally to demonstrate the sound system.

3 hours ago, 200h said:

since starting this post i looked at buying an Rc300h with the levinson system installed

the dealer left a cd in the head unit and to be honest i wasnt blown away with it

Likewise took an RC300h with ML for a long test drive recently and was unimpressed with the sound system. It didn't compare with my Harman Kardon. That said you probably have to do some fiddling with the settings to try and hit that sweet spot, that takes time and although I tried I couldn't find anything approaching the HK.  What is noticeable across all brands of vehicle is that a certain system can sound far superior or inferior in different models.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 4:47 PM, 200h said:

Do not let a single CD put you down. It could be recorded from a low quality audio source.

The audio bit depth in a CD is 16. This is usually good enough for most of us.

24-bit/192kHz file has a data rate of 9216kbps. Music CD’s 1411kbps.

MP3 with 320kbps is close to quality of a CD according to many.

Lossless audio is as name says possible to reproduce without losing quality of sound. If reproducing from MP3 source quality is losing a lot with every rerecording. Convert a CD to MP3 in 320kb variable bit rate is OK but it should not be used to copy or transfer from the device it is on as quality will fall each time.

Most of the music played when I am not alone in car is CD quality. When alone sitting waiting while wife is shopping or for other reasons alone in car I enjoy listening to jazz in 24bit quality. Files are rather large but with the price now on memory cards this is not a big problem. I prefer the .flac compression as it can be played with most audio equipment, where ALAC (Apple) is mainly limited to apple devices. Monkey audio and the good old Wav are also lossless.

doog442

• Club Post Guru

Never had the luck being in RC300h but really am surprised to hear this.

after test driving the car i hated it, it had far less tech than my f Sport Is300h

and is far noiser i.e. road and wind , i had the cc on whilst on the motorway

and realised i was gaining on the lorry in front as the rc didnt have radar fitted ,

i was very underwhelmed with it, the only feature i liked is the body style that

i think is stunning.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links