Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Would You Risk Everything

Fidgits

If you had a great idea, but had to put a very good job on the line, would you?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. If you had a great idea, but had to put a very good job on the line, would you?

• Yes
    • No

I am just wondering what people think..

If you had a great idea for your company, but you had to put your (very good) job on the line for it, would you?

i.e. If the idea comes off, you benefit, if it fails, your out of a job

there are many things to weigh up

loosing your job is obviously a major one, but if you are confident in what you do, and beleive you are good at your job, there will be other jobs available

can you say your current job is 100% safe ,i dont think any one can, we could all lose our jobs, doesnt matter how big or small the company is

the benefits of putting your job on the line must be in proportion to you losing your job!!

i gave up my well paid job, to go self employed the other year, and havent looked back since, i now have 7 employees,

but i know that if it was to all go tits up tomorrow, i would be able to find another job the day after

i gambled and so far its worked,

allways remember that money isnt the most important thing in life

healthy and stress free enviroments are worth a fortune

good luck!

Thanks guys,

Well I am going to be very careful before i do anything... after all, if it went t*ts up, I'd be jobless, homeless and worst of all... would have to sell my Lex....

But I've finished the first draft of my buisness plan... and I shall see how it goes..

loosing your job is obviously a major one, but if you are confident in what you do, and beleive you are good at your job, there will be other jobs available

can you say your current job is 100% safe ,i dont think any one can, we could all lose our jobs, doesnt matter how big or small the company is

the benefits of putting your job on the line must be in proportion to you losing your job!!

i gave up my well paid job, to go self employed the other year, and havent looked back since, i now have 7 employees,

but i know that if it was to all go tits up tomorrow, i would be able to find another job the day after

good luck!

what are you doing then barrie?

Depends on your own situation.. I have always been on the edge of throwing away my job and going alone.. And if to be honest I did not have 2 young kids and a mortgage I would do it tommorow.. Have many Ideas in my head.. Along with the fact that I like many on here I am sure can build P.C'S and do for an extra buck outside of work. And I aslo seem to have the gift of the gab in sales and purchasing.. so no kids no mortgage YES i would But at the moment I have to think of playing it safe...

jac

Oh I also forgot to mention that I have got an Invention Being looked into at The moment by a company.. :D

jac

Rendered Sports grills! :P :P :P

Ian... I would do what you feel is best mate.. i cannot think what it is your going to do... but being positive will always make you succeed pal. :winky:

Ian... I would do what you feel is best mate.. i cannot think what it is your going to do... but being positive will always make you succeed pal. :winky:

The idea is based around my existing company... and I am planning on approaching the executive staff with the buisness plan, they may not go for it, so then its not really an issue.. but if they do, then I imagine it will be a case of, its on my head..

I suppose with the way I'm looking at it, it isn't as risky as starting my own company from scratch..

good luck!

i was a foreman electrician working for a contracting company

i now run an electrical contracting company

Oh bloody wonderful... after saying about my invention.. It reminded me to chase them up.. Cant find where i put the telephone number.. so looked on the interenet and found an artical about the company :crybaby: This is a company that was advertising on the telly.. Some of you might have seen it .. investigation into company

looks like I have **** out here then

jac

good luck!

i can wire a plug.. gis a job! :winky:

good luck!

i can wire a plug.. gis a job! :winky:

sorry you are over qualified :winky:

work for myself,i do a lot of work for a local glazing firm,i`ve tried to tell them how to save money,they dont listen, the last firm i worked for went bust,i could see the problem before it happened ,they didnt listen,stuff em i say ,look after number 1 :P :)

Started up on my own with just 2 days work guaranteed for 3 months........

Gave a job paying loads of dosh on a whim...............

Now booked up until 2004 and with a side line in bespoke database design one of which I sell @ £5k a pop..........

Got several other ideas on the go..........

To conclude..........go for it if it goes wrong most of the time its down to you........

Not sure about employing staff though.........

i was in a similar situation in january and i went for it. i havent looked back since, well only to wonder why i didn't do it earlier. if you believe you can make it work and it will be financially rewarding, then believe in yourself and go for it!

Started up on my own with just 2 days work guaranteed for 3 months........

Gave a job paying loads of dosh on a whim...............

Now booked up until 2004 and with a side line in bespoke database design one of which I sell @ £5k a pop..........

Got several other ideas on the go..........

To conclude..........go for it if it goes wrong most of the time its down to you........

Not sure about employing staff though.........

proud of ye mate,hope you do well in the future,it is stressfull employing people,i feel you try to trust but isnt easy,good luck :)

jac114 - I contatced the same company about 3 years ago with an invention my son ( then 13 years old ) had. They called back to discuss and spoke to my son ..... who sussed them and said you better discuss it with my dad. He told me what he thought ( which i agreed with ) and I told them to go forth and multiply .....

fidgits - if you idea is good I'll come in halfs with you. I am currently out of work and the state won't pay me any Job Seekers Allowance or Income Support, so it's not much of a rsick for me :)

But if you know your job, and you know your company you got two choices to go forward. Both involve seeing the top man ....... number 1 you talk to him about it and convince him it's idea ( providing you can gain from it then no risk ) .... number 2 yopu talk to him about it and make sure he knows it's your idea and he will back it .......... then his head is on the block too if he goes with it .... and he ain't gonna let it fail is he ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links