Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Possible Tv Appearance ?

I think you would be setting yourself up for a fall.

Can turn up mob handed, with a superb array of vehicles, immaculately turned out, tuned to perfection.

He just makes a few snidey remarks, about boring Alan Partridge wannabees etc.

You lot can all jeer him and make him look a prick, catch him out, out smart **** him, quote all the figures and stats you want to correct him.

Who has editorial control?

What do you think would be left in the show?

The LOC guys showing up Clarkson?

Or Clarkson looking like a really suave smart ****, belittling the IS owners and giving them cans of Lynx?

What will make better telly?

sorry guys :crybaby:

I think you would be setting yourself up for a fall.

You're probably right....

What is Clarkson's beef with Lexus? He thinks the cars are dull & uninteresting, and probably the owners also.

In that case, the idea isn't to get into a war of words with him, otherwise the dialogue would be

Clarkson: So what's this?

LOC member: It's an IS200 with an XYZ supercharger, ABC exhaust....

Clarkson: Yes, but it's a Lexus

LOC memer: It makes 250bhp, reaches 60mph in....

Clarkson: Yes, but it's a Lexus

etc.

But what if everybody turned up in Alan Partridge masks & with their pockets stuffed full of cans of Lynx? Taking the p*** out of themselves before Clarkson can get his snide remarks in? Here's the other side of Lexus ownership - not all wannabees or old men with a pipe & slippers. Young lads. Guys with a sense of humour, who don't just rise to Clarksons bait. Guys with interesting cars B)

Have Clarksons comments damaged Lexus sales in the past? Probably not - my local dealer says he has no problem selling his entire quota. What about the Lexus image? Are a few unfounded snipes about "Yes, but it's a Lexus" going to change people's perception that it's an exclusive marque representing quality & luxury?

I'm in two minds about it now. Either LOC will come across as just the next step up from kids who lower their Nova's (which I don't think it is), or the British public will get a little insight into what's really behind that LS430 image... and that's good.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought clarkson quite liked the IS :unsure:

does anyone remember one of the early episodes with the cool wall, he said the IS200 was a cool car but now Alan Partridge has one, its uncool, surely that means he doesnt have anything against the car

We @ unity lowriders have had a little bit of experience with TV (including Top Gear) frankly it can go either way.

Editorial control is the key and you dont have that I'm afraid.

We're all guilty of looking at our cars and thinking "how can they NOT be interested" this stems from the fact that you have "bought in" to the car psycologically when you made the decision to purchase and therefore feel positively disposed towards it. Outside of this pseudo-reality others do not necessarily feel the same connection. It's all part of what makes us individuals and is therefore by and large a good thing.

However it does lead the TV editorial staff to turn down a lot of what people sending them in feel are "superb ideas for a feature".

Normally the ideas that reach the screen are from within :ph34r: , and you generally find it really tough to introduce one from outside.

but having said that the best way to approach it, should they take you up on the idea, is to listen to what they want for the feature and try to read a little between the lines. A healthy dose of GSOH will be required with Mr. Clarkson on the case, of that you can be sure!

Good luck men! :D

in my view it would be better to try and incorporate this into the show generally, remeber the Honda-R club went to Top Gear as an audience ..we could do it that way, hoping that they may do a little something with the cars,

so if we can try and incorporate it as part of the clubs participatiuon in the audience, then it could work

in my view it would be better to try and incorporate this into the show generally, remeber the Honda-R club went to Top Gear as an audience ..we could do it that way, hoping that they may do a little something with the cars,

so if we can try and incorporate it as part of the clubs participatiuon in the audience, then it could work

Good idea...........

Will try that approach........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links