Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Low Life Sob

Washed the car on Friday, all OK. Been to a few carparks over the last couple of days, B&Q and Sainsburys.

Just noticed a 5cm x 2mm scratch right up by the sidelight going across the car, quite deep.

I cannot say what I would like to do to them or their cars. Goitng to Lexus Bristol in the morning for an estimate as I want it done right and with the correct colour.

It has to be a bloody trolley.

I feel for you. Id be pretty peeved off right now if I were you. Some people just scratch cars for the buzz of it!

Theres no treatment to them im afraid, even if the car is parked totally inoffensively, theyll do it anyway!

Sorry to hear about your car Richard that is an absolute disgrace.

I hope that the damage can be fixed for a reasonable amount, however that is not the point, the car is your pride and joy and the idea of anyone damaging it is a nightmare.

It seems to be jealousy in people.

I had my IS250 for about 1 week when someone marked the boot. It is not a huge couple of marks but it has been done on purpose by someone.

Funny how I had a red Mazda 6 sport prior to this car and the same thing happened to it, however when I had a 2013 Insignia as a hire car no one went near it.

Hi Richard

Things like this make me sick, to the point that I dare not leave my LS 400s in ANY public car park. I've solved the 'problem' by driving around in a 1999 Fiat Punto and drive my Lexuses only when I know that I have secure parking at my destination. It shouldn't have to be like this . . .

Pepe

Why is it that if I park in car park and look for a part where there are not many cars, when I come back I have a shed on each side. Now starting to park next to other expensive cars hoping they are as careful opening their doors as I am.

Sorry to hear the news Richard, it is so frustrating, annoying, infuriating, time wasting and a complete PITA. I try and park as far away from anything as I can, or choose what I think is the safest space, but there it's really just a question of good or bad luck.

Hope that you get it sorted with the minimum of inconvenience.

Went into Lexus Bristol today and received the usual warm, genuine welcome. Coffee, biscuits and a chat, car booked in for Monday morning with a loan car for the day. Scratch and a small mark on the front rim (was not me, say no more) total £130 + vat. Very happy, as I know it will be a top job.

That's good to hear. Colleague of mines car is in for bodywork as his neighbour reversed into his wall which fell onto his BMW.

It's the second time she's done it. Least you can try and avoid the car parks!

Ive discovered that parking your car wonky helps ALOT! I park it as awkardly as i can and ive never received any tickets + most people tend to just drive away after seeing the space.

Car done today. Scratch on the bumper and a small ding on the alloys. Perfect job including courtesy car.

Global opening activated so windows will now go up or down by holding down lock or unlock. This is really good in the hot sunny days, yes I know, but it will come one day.

I have bought 4 Lexus IS's so I have spent a lot of money with Lexus Bristol but I am always impressed with the welcome and friendliness, all very genuine. Before my Lexus experience I had several BMW's and they were good but the Lexus experience is special. Looking forward to seeing the NX.

• Like 1

Car done today. Scratch on the bumper and a small ding on the alloys. Perfect job including courtesy car.

Global opening activated so windows will now go up or down by holding down lock or unlock. This is really good in the hot sunny days, yes I know, but it will come one day.

I have bought 4 Lexus IS's so I have spent a lot of money with Lexus Bristol but I am always impressed with the welcome and friendliness, all very genuine. Before my Lexus experience I had several BMW's and they were good but the Lexus experience is special. Looking forward to seeing the NX.

This is wonderful news and I am very happy for you. I am also impressed with the manner you reacted to and handled this very vexatious situation.

Pleased yours is sorted - my GS250 was keyed all down one side - 4 panels - even though my local Lex did a reasonable job, the lacquer beading isn't right at all at the edges and they seem to have used too much wet and dry to remove the peel effect. result? A not so perfect finish and a slightly shady appearance.

To be honest only I notice it and at change time they probably won't see it unless the sun is direct, so I'll live with it, but it's totally put an end to the days of detailing a car for me - I just won't ever bother keeping it looking immaculate now as the green and envious get upset, and take it out on the car!

Just a quick question - can you confirm it's for all windows or for front only? Have read somewhere it works for front row only which would be disappointing, and I probably wouldn't bother.

It's all 4 windows, just tried mine to be sure.

Just be careful with your keys, if you have little "darlings" running around playing with daddy's keys you may find all the windows down in the morning and after a rainy night that's not good.

Thanks Bobby and Richard! Then I'll ask for this to be customised before delivery.

PS. By the time little darlings arrive I'll have another set of wheels most probably. So far the only little critter is non-human and she's not so kin on travelling. Will keep in mind when the time comes! : )

Thanks Bobby and Richard! Then I'll ask for this to be customised before delivery.

PS. By the time little darlings arrive I'll have another set of wheels most probably. So far the only little critter is non-human and she's not so kin on travelling. Will keep in mind when the time comes! : )

Another thing to think about is door locking. You can ask for this to be set as well. We have always gone for the doors to lock when putting the car in drive and unlock when in park. Lexus Bristol use a pre delivery sheet that you can write down all your personal settings, even radio stations, I am sure all lexus dealers do the same.

My car is white and a couple of months after taking delivery the transparent chip guards on the back doors and wheal arches looked really bad. Dirt had got around the edges and I could not make it look nice. As I only do 5000 miles at most a year I had them taken off. If I did 20,000 miles a year up and down motorways I would have left them on.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my car keyed three times over the last four years. Last time was august. Since then it's also been hit by a sandwich van, articulated lorry and ford puma, all while parked. I need a bigger car so it's easier to see.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links