Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dvd Upgrade? And Remote Engine Start?

RobinJackson

Hi

As a new member I have a couple of questions which I hope have not been asked before.

I have seen comment in these forums on a new SatNav DVD but no info on the best place to get them from or cost? My new SC430 (well used really) has a 2001 DVD and I would like a 2003 if available or a 2002 at worst.

Also on this or another Lexus forum I saw information on a remote engine start adation for the standard remote, I would LOVE this for the winter but was wondering if it was available in the UK?

Regards.

Robin

Also on this or another Lexus forum I saw information on a remote engine start adation for the standard remote, I would LOVE this for the winter but was wondering if it was available in the UK?

Remote starters are illegal in the UK,

Your not allowed to leave a vehicle with it's engine running unattended,

I was informed this by a local policeman after he opened the car door and removed my keys as I walked back to my car.

I was informed this by a local policeman after he opened the car door and removed my keys as I walked back to my car.

There not illegal.

Plod just told you that to scare you. He probably didn't want to have to do the paperwork for your car when it was stolen, due to you leaving the keys in the ignition and the engine running.

There not illegal.

Plod just told you that to scare you. He probably didn't want to have to do the paperwork for your car when it was stolen, due to you leaving the keys in the ignition and the engine running.

wrong, check with your local Police, they always make a big of it during the winter when people leave the engines running the assist clearing ice and interior warm up etc.

OK, the law states that leaving your car running without you occupying the vehicle is legal only if your car is parked on your driveway, not on the public roads.

According to The Road Traffic (Construction and use) Regulations 1986;

Regulation 98; the driver of a vehicle shall, when the vehicle in stationary, stop the action of any machinery attached to or forming part of the vehicle so far as may be necessary for the prevention of noise or of exhaust emissions.

Regulation 107; no person shall leave, or cause or permit to be left, on a road a motor vehicle which is not attended by a person licensed to drive it unless the engine is stopped and any parking brake with which the vehicle is required to be equipped is effectively set.

Highway Code legal requirement; Rule 214

Parking. You must switch off the engine, headlights and fog lights.

You are likely to a fixed ticket for this offence:

See HERE

Further details here...

This law causes problems for turbo timers as the engine is left running. In the instructions they always recommend that the car is not left unattended whilst it is still running, which sort of defeats the object of the timer! However it's main function is to stop the owner from forgetting to idle it.

I had one fitted to my MR2T. I never left it running whilst I was out as it just felt too weird leaving it and you were always wondering if it switched off. On my driveway or in the car park at work was fine as I could hear it idling and then suddenly stop a minute later.

• 3 months later...

• 3 months later...

Hi Robin

I bought my SC430 new two months ago i.e 2004 registered. The DVD is dated 2002, so pointed this out to the Lexus dealer who checked on the new demo they'd just received. The DVD on that car was also dated 2002, so must be the latest available. I am expecting them to update it, free of charge, when the 2004 version comes out as I do think it should at least match the date of registration!

Will let you know how I get on.

John

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links