Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What A *** Morning!

Went to go to the supermarket this morning and was hit by a cyclist.....Called my insurance company and unless this chap (25 odd) is willing to play ball i am on the hook to cough up the lot for repairs or claim against my policy! I HATE INSURANCE COMPANIES

I need a:
- New bonnet from Lexus £386.49 +VAT + cost to paint
- Front bumper to be repaired - awaiting quote
- Front left panel to be repaired - awaiting quote

Thankfully the young chap seems to be ok (which is the most important thing) although, he took a big knock to his knee. Once i established he was ok i was just totting up the repercussions in my head!!!!!

I would have a claim, NCB would be put back to 3 year from 5, insurance premium will go up next year Or, i pay for the lot and hope he chips in!

Cyclist was at fault, travelling on the wrong side of the road at speed around a blind corner with headphones in.FAIL!

I have an independent witness which is good in case he try to screw me for personal injury or anything but he seemed a pretty decent chap.

Stu

Gutted for you Stuart, I'm glad the cyclist is ok but anything involving them on the claims/insurance front is a potential headache as they often seem immune from the normal laws that govern every other road user.

Thankfully your cyclist seems to be on board, let's hope he stays that way and it goes without saying you can get everything sorted without hassle and cost to yourself.

That is my current concern. I think it will be approximately £1k of damage :(

I could always threaten with small claims court if needed but it would be purely a threat if i am honest.

Stu

I know, and i was still at the time of impact! Not ideal and i think he may try to dodge contributing which of course he is not legally obligated to do :devil:

I know, and i was still at the time of impact! Not ideal and i think he may try to dodge contributing which of course he is not legally obligated to do :devil:

Holy cow. Didn't you just have a lot of work done on your car too?

A cyclist hit you? How fast was he going, the dent looks huge!

Holy cow. Didn't you just have a lot of work done on your car too?

A cyclist hit you? How fast was he going, the dent looks huge!

Just had the front bumper re-sprayed but the bonnet and front left pannel were not. He must have been doing at least 15MPH when he hit me.

He must have hit his head on the bonnet. That damage is probably from his helmet. Very scary indeed.

I hope everything is resolved to your satisfaction.

Sorry to see this Stu! :(

Seems you and I are having a very similar time of it lately!

Mine went in yesterday to get my drivers side damage repaired.

On a plus note, we have probably got one good car between us at the moment! ;)

Hope you get it sorted with minimal hassle mate.

Peter :)

Stuart, sorry to see the damage caused, his knee must be sore by now!

With damage like that and an independant witness I think I would be more than happy to go through SCC if he does not cough up for the damage, a motorist would have to, why not a cyclist?

Makes me feel happy I have a decent dash cam, you never know when this kind of thing might happen.

Best of luck with the process matey.

It's really unbelieveable that as motorists we have to shell out hundreds sometimes thousands of pounds to ensure we are legally insured to drive on the road as well as RFL or face the consequences

A cyclist riding illegally causes nearly 2K of damage and has no liability at all!

Not only that but he could potentially claim for damages off the car driver as well.

Don't get me started on horses on the road!!!

Must admit Stu, I am with Steve on this one.

I'd sue him through the SCC if he does try any funny business. Why should you pay for his blatant lack of sense when it came to road use and safety?!

It's clearly his fault.

You can probably get some free advice from Citizens Advice Bureau if you wanted to test the waters? My view as someone who works in the insurance industry (not auto! Lol), is you have a good case against this guy.

Don't ruin your NCB/premiums for his frankly idiotic actions! :(

I agree and will pursue him for majority of my exess. Going through SCC is what I'll threaten him with but I don't imagine he would have 800 quid lying around. He wasn't very old and I also don't want my life taken over my court.

It is bull that they use the roads with other users who are in insured and as stated above have no liability when involved in an accident. Truly shocking.

Stu

Oh mate that's bad news ,sorry to cyclists out there but I hate them .funny you should post this today mate as I was cut up by a cyclist with all his crap tour d france outfit on ,looked like a tit .i put my hands up and he turned round in front of a load of school kids and said some severe swearing and hand jestures .when he finished I stuck me big fist out of my window and said what he is .he nearly fell off it ,I was laughing my head of the goon.

Hope you get sorted mate ,just be carefull he might come back at you and try to claim off you .

I did yes. Shows the car position at the time and backs up my story.

Worst case I am in £600 with a claim :(

On the positive side ill have a re-painted front bumper, two front panels, new bonnet and some stone chips filled as well as the whole car superguarded. Add that to the wheels refurbished, cllipers re-painted, rear bumper and left side skirt re-painted its almost a new car again!

I wonder if its time they start bringing out cyclist insurance

It's already available or folks could use house insurance. Sadly this cyclist has neither!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links