Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cancelation Of Calender Comp

Fargo

Well looks like the calender competition has been cancelled due to some Underhand voting..

If there has been some cheating going on. and to me it looks like there very well was (if im wrong then sorry) then all i can say is THANKS :tsktsk:

I can confirm that the compo is off, due to the cheating

If cheating can be proven, then the guilty ones should be banned and then who ever has the highest 12 votes should be in LOC calendar. I think that's fair or am I alone on this.

If cheating can be proven, then the guilty ones should be banned and then who ever has the highest 12 votes should be in LOC calendar. I think that's fair or am I alone on this.

agreed,

Sanj, i hear ya man,, you were always in the lead though. i really dont know how the numbers were 'played' with.

I'll second this. I think this has been a good idea and it would be a shame to cancel it, especially considering the effort that the contributers went to.

I agree

agreed,

Sanj, i hear ya man,, you were always in the lead though. i really dont know how the numbers were 'played' with.

I agree, its a shame to cancel the whole calender idea. Personally I thought there were some stunning pictures in there, and i was looking forward to parting with my hard earned cash for the LOC calender...

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to buy the Holly Valance calender instead...

OK - in the interests of absolute clarity.

There has obviously been 'gamesmanship' in the voting. I'll say no more.

The calendar competition is cancelled due to this - there will be no LOC Calendar for 2004 due to the above gamesmanship.

I will add a personal note of digust in this outcome.

MMMmmm the majority lose out to a minority. Very :angry:

Wasn't it mentioned in the rules that anybody found cheating would be disqualified.

By cancelling the comp the club is losing, I thought the profits from selling the calender were to go back into the club. Even more :angry: and :tsktsk: off

Just one thing to remember - just because someone may have been way out in front and the voting may not have been fair - it doesn't mean the person who entered the pic. was responsible for the unfair voting.

Let's wait and see what's revealed ...........

Thats a fair point Steve, and I dont think anyone is pointing fingers.

But it is a shame to lose the calender idea, perhaps the moderators could decide on the best 12 internally, even though some have entered, I'm sure we can trust them to be fair and unbiased.

Just my 2 cents..

I think its disgusting to hear that some LOCers have resorted to cheating and being hell bent on getting their photo in the calendar.I thought that this was a brilliant idea put to us through the team and now the few that have spoiled it for those that put a lot of time and effort into this project.I have been watching the results all week and when some went up by an enourmous amount i thought that something underhand had been going on,if it was kept at a level more appropriate then that would of been fine as no-one would of questioned it,I entered the comp in the hope that i would be picked? as did others and even if i was'nt i would have bought one anyway thus helping the club,but it just goes to show the lenghts that some people will go to just to get their photo in rather than enter the competition in the spirit that it was intended.....a competition !!!! i would'nt like this to be swept under the carpet and forgotten about.

It needs to be addressed immediately,the people involved should be named and shamed as and when the team have

all the information at thier disposal.

B) B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links