Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I use mine for overtaking on country roads its a lot of fun!

I know it makes holds each gear longer before changing but can anyone else confirm if it changes the ecu settings? As this is what i was told and i don't know if its rubbish?

I rarely turn mine on. As well as delaying gear shifts I'd always assumed it altered the throttle response profile to make the engine feel more lively. I might be wrong of course.

The button that has PWR/ECT written on it. On the left below the steering wheel.

I leave mine ON all the time. Makes car more responsive and does not seem to affect my mpg. I don't wellie it everywhere though!

There is the most unbelievably exhaustive thread on the PWR button on a US forum, I'll post a link if I can find it again.

Having done an awful lot of reading on this, these are the conclusions in a nutshell:

1. It doesnt change throttle response. Holding onto gears so you get higher revs is making the car more responsive.

2. It doesnt seem to affect the MPG in like for like driving vs normal mode - in fact some claim it improves MPG

3. Its quite good fun.

personally dont really use it, just switch it on from time to time when I have a clear road :driving:

heres the link. Its a long read:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/198642-ect-pwr-button.html

• 2 months later...

ok so I did a small test, I drove a month with it on and a month with it off, for those who worry about consumption it made no difference

I prefer it on as it holds the gears longer on up change, and changes down earlier, I prefer this as sometimes it feels like the car is in too low a gear, which is I assume what Lexus want for their quietness and comfort levels

I find it handy on the motorway as the car is ready to accelerate quicker and if you (occasionally) floor it, it knocks it down a couple of gears

I also find when you are braking coming up to roundabout for example it changes down quicker

The switch really is a 'however you feel you prefer to drive' switch

SWMBO tuts when shes see its on, so its worth having on lol

BTW I'm 51 and not a speed freak, It just suits me

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links