Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Ls400 Anyone Seen This?

Another very low mileage example commanding a very high price tag. Seems to be the trend at the moment. People know these cars are desirable and also becoming rarer by the month. The price will reflect market forces.

I paid a similar price for my LS430 which had only 42k miles on the clock - as desirable as good used LS400s are, I think this price is completely OTT but then all it takes it 1 person to prove me wrong and pay the asking price

I was just about to say, for the price he's asking you could get a lovely ls430. I had a 99 T reg ls400 with 39000 miles on it that I sold for £3000, which I thought was a good price.

• Like 1

If I pass that garage soon I'll pop in and have a look at it !

I live close by but have never heard of them tho'

Malc

Popped in to see it today, wow, fine looking beast.

One 87 yr old owner from new, last service NOT Lexus. His second Ls400 tho, he now drives the family Yaris ............ at 87 not bad eh !!

The garage owner has known the chap for 40 years....... very genuine 34k miles.

The Ls 400 is quite fine and is undergoing replacement Lexus bonnet struts ( old age wear ), a new MOT and also the cambelt to be changed.

Just can't find a record of it having been done although it has Lexus service history, just not mentioned specifically.

Drawbacks ........... slight paint blemishes on the front wing mudguard, and a slight crease on the back wing above the bumper, but not broken the paint finish there.

Another feature are the Dunlop D8Zs ...... they stopped making these tyres a very long time ago .......... but still MOT'able no doubt.

Pricewise, well, the garage has had a couple of long distance viewers ( one from Bournemouth to Kent ) and in no rush to chip away at the £5995 screen price just yet !

As we said, where would you find another !

Malc

I enquired about this car just for the fun of it, i was told the cambelt hasn't been replaced and they will be replacing it themselves. Thing is they are traders, and I don trust traders when they say they are going to be replacing the cambelt, I mean will they replace it, if so, will they be using genuine lexus parts??

What that normally means is they will change the fan belt. I am like you and very disstrustfull of traders and what they say. Ask them if you can come and see the car with engine stripped down that normally sorts the boys from the men. Mike

Ok, these guys are NOT traders, they have a very long established showroom and garage premises.............. really good looking stock and I would actually buy from these guys and can quite understand their getting people coming several hundred miles to view this specific Ls400.

using genuine Lexus bonnet struts speaks volumes about them too.

Malc

Ok, these guys are NOT traders, they have a very long established showroom and garage premises.............. really good looking stock and I would actually buy from these guys and can quite understand their getting people coming several hundred miles to view this specific Ls400.

using genuine Lexus bonnet struts speaks volumes about them too.

Malc

They may well have good quality stock and a long established showroom but they are still traders. Mike

In the description I have noticed that it says 0 seats do you stand up when driving,??

Maybe you do a Clarkson and stick your head out of the sunroof.

Interesting that there are no photos of the interior. And especially of the instrument cluster whilst running. Apart from any warning light / instrument needle illumination issues, most dealers run their cars around with just a teaspoonful of fuel in the tank. I guess they wouldn't want to show that.

As for the cambelt change, this is a horrific job as the lexls tutorial clearly illustrates. How a generic car dealer can just go ahead and do that I don't know! (I mean, will they check out the torque settings, have access to special service tools and so on?) I'd rather they sold it as it was - and in any case, why a cambelt change at such a low mileage? That alone would be enough to put me off.

Prestigious vehicles on display is no guarantee of anything. A work colleague (who lives in that area, funnily enough) once bought a Carlton CD from a local dealer. He was contacted by Trading Standards to say that it had been clocked (presumably one of many) - and received a certain amount of compensation. Even if it's a posh car, "Buyer Beware" still applies!

.................. I shan't bother again

Malc

Come on Malc. We only pointed out that by buying and selling of cars makes them traders, they cant be anything else. I can understand that the very word "Traders" has connotations of not being very nice people that sadly its something the motor trade and governments departments has bought on itself by allowing low life to thrive and prosper. The honest ones of which you say these guys are become collateral damage but, they are traders. Mike

I might be wrong here but i think malc meant that;

they are not traders in the sense that someone is trading from home or without a forecourt where they may not have the best interests of the customer at heart and would only be interested in taking your money and you wont have any comeback or any sort of customer service.

He meant that these guys are well established, have a forecourt and you can expect them to still be there 6 months down the line.

Cruisermark ....... absolutely ........... ... otherwise Lexus main dealers are merely " Traders " too

Malc

Well they are. People that work on the stock exchange are traders, trading in all sorts of wonderous things, if you buy and sell then by that very act of buying and selling including Lexus main agents makes you a trader but I accept that you used the term for those that are less than honest and untrustworthy. Mike.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links