Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Large Electro Magnet On Boot !

PaulWhitt20

How do I turn off the large electro magnet that seems to attract the cars behind so they drive too close to my boot?

It seems especially powerful when driving at 20mph through town. The closer they get the slower I have to go so their braking distance is in front of me as well as my own. I hate tailgaters. Any sensible ideas on how to stop them?

• Like 1

Must say that for quite a long time I had no tailgating cases, but earlier on such occasions I used to press brake pedal with one foot - just a tiny bit in order to engage the switch and turn on brake lights - and with the other foot press the accelerator at the same time - not very hard, just a little bit to increase distance. If tailgater did not understand my point - did the trick again, but hardly ever had to do it more than twice.

Must say that for quite a long time I had no tailgating cases, but earlier on such occasions I used to press brake pedal with one foot - just a tiny bit in order to engage the switch and turn on brake lights - and with the other foot press the accelerator at the same time - not very hard, just a little bit to increase distance. If tailgater did not understand my point - did the trick again, but hardly ever had to do it more than twice.

A slight variation on the theme from me, I don't show the brake at all, I slowly decelerate by 5 mph and the accelerate by 5 mph. This causes the nit wit to brake and then causes the nit wit to accelerate. eventually, the nit wit gets the idea that I am deliberately doing this to make the nit wit concentrate more on their driving and then I don't have to do it any more because the nit wit keeps their distance or overtakes. One day the nit wit was someone who I worked with and I asked him how he liked being forced to keep his distance, he replied that he disliked it very much; to which i informed him that I disliked tailgating very much...

Another approach is to drive at the speed limit whenever possible, rather than below it, so as to not unnecessarily frustrate the drivers behind you.

Another approach is to drive at the speed limit whenever possible, rather than below it, so as to not unnecessarily frustrate the drivers behind you.

Drivers who drive too close to the back of my car are a distraction to me and a danger to me and themselves. The aim of my intent is to deliberately and legally frustrate them in order to sharpen their wits. There is no law about having to match the speed limit at all times in order to placate a nit wit.

• Like 1

+1

Being tail-gated too often pretty much suggests this.

Going with the flow of the traffic is the name of the game. :)

• Like 1

+1

Being tail-gated too often pretty much suggests this.

Going with the flow of the traffic is the name of the game. :)

Some will tailgate even if you're driving at the speed limit. I tend to drive about 33-35 on a 30 road and never seem to get tailgated.

Have you considered Anger Management sessions?

Especially in a 20mph zone, even if the tailgater did run into the back of you (which is extremely unlikely), the damage is likely to be minimal and would be their fault. Enforcing the law is a job for the police, not you.

Perhaps you should concentrate more on your own driving and less on the car behind you. You would be a calmer and safer driver for it - rather than deliberately trying to orchestrate an accident, which is what your current behaviour is likely to do.

• Like 2

Have you considered Anger Management sessions?

Especially in a 20mph zone, even if the tailgater did run into the back of you (which is extremely unlikely), the damage is likely to be minimal and would be their fault. Enforcing the law is a job for the police, not you.

Perhaps you should concentrate more on your own driving and less on the car behind you. You would be a calmer and safer driver for it - rather than deliberately trying to orchestrate an accident, which is what your current behaviour is likely to do.

A bit harsh on the first sentence Phil..totally agree on the rest.

Maybe the fuel saving theme is part of the problem.

Hey if you want to see who needs anger management check out Arthur Vines on youtube. Wow.

A slight variation on the theme from me, I don't show the brake at all, I slowly decelerate by 5 mph and the accelerate by 5 mph. This causes the nit wit to brake and then causes the nit wit to accelerate. eventually, the nit wit gets the idea that I am deliberately doing this to make the nit wit concentrate more on their driving and then I don't have to do it any more because the nit wit keeps their distance or overtakes. One day the nit wit was someone who I worked with and I asked him how he liked being forced to keep his distance, he replied that he disliked it very much; to which i informed him that I disliked tailgating very much...

Im with You on this one :) I don't get tailgated often but whenever i do, i make sure the nit will enjoy every second of it by reducing speed sometimes as low as 15mph if i have to.

Come on everybody..

If you've got someone on your arse at 20mph, 70ph or 90 mph, ask yourself: are you keeping to the speed limit or the speed you want to drive at without thinking about the car behind you.

Just pull over and let him pass.

Slow/one speed drivers cause anger/accidents to others.

Very simple; Break hard and push accerator down to the floor (only if you have enough space infront). Always seems to work for me :) Also if they hit me, their problem so nothing to worry about :). If there is not enough space infront of me then I just go even slower, letting them smash the horn and flash lights at me. Once that is done and they still dont push back then it calls for emergency treatment. What I then do is spray my screen washer and it sprays the person behind me, i dont stop until Ive probally emptied half the tank full of water he he, they normally push back or get distracted. I love tailgaters!

If you brake (not "break") hard without due cause, it could easily get you done for Driving Without Due Care And Attention or even Dangerous Driving, so if the person behind you has a dash cam and can show that there was no good reason for your actions, it would be very much your problem!

Do you also have blue flashing lights and a siren on your car when you're trying to impose your views on other road users?

• Like 1

If you brake (not "break") hard without due cause, it could easily get you done for Driving Without Due Care And Attention or even Dangerous Driving, so if the person behind you has a dash cam and can show that there was no good reason for your actions, it would be very much your problem!

Do you also have blue flashing lights and a siren on your car when you're trying to impose your views on other road users?

Ha ha good point but the thing is that if they have a dash cam, they will be the one who will get done for tailgaiting. It is their responsibility to keep their distance and if lets say a cat runs infront of you with a idiot on your back, you will have to brake and when you do bam! Whos' fault is it? If you want to play safe then spray your jet washers and he'll soon back off.

Maybe it's time for the moderators to close this topic before things turn into a slanging match ??.

I think Phillip above is one of them tailgaters and doesent like my comments unfortunatly. I guess that is a good idea before things really get heated.

this is just as a matter of interest,

by me you will find the make of cars that always seems to be in a hurry and have to get past

you at any expense are bmw and vauxhall what makes are in a hurry by you.

this is just as a matter of interest,

by me you will find the make of cars that always seems to be in a hurry and have to get past

you at any expense are bmw and vauxhall what makes are in a hurry by you.

Agreed, its either people driving in old bangers such as a Peugeot 207 and couldent care less about their car or its the show offs in their BMW's with their xennon lights blinding you.

If somebody is tailgating you, you have no idea why they are doing so. They may just be impatient, or you may be driving well below the normal traffic flow, or they may even be trying to get to a hospital or other emergency.

Whatever the reason, you can either ignore them, or move out of their way when it is safe to do so. If you are really concerned about their driving, then move over (when safe), make a note of their registration number and report them to the police.

Taking vigilante action (whether it's braking hard, speeding up and slowing down, spraying them with windscreen wash or whatever) is stupid, childish and potentially dangerous - and is frankly the behaviour I might expect from drivers of Saxos and Novas with stupidly large exhausts, rather than Lexus drivers.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links