Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New To Lexus. My Is300H

Hello all,

I'm Gaz, 22 from the Cheshire region.

I'm new to the Lexus brand, after being a serial BMW/Audi owner I was bored of owning are car that seems like ever other person owns.

I saw my lexus and pretty much loved it from first sight, after driving it I have to admit how impressed I was with the sheer refinement and smoothness of the auto box.

I just wanted to introduce myself.

Here is a photo of my new pride and joy.

post-52967-0-55747400-1427584412_thumb.j

Thanks all, It is indeed an SE so a slight downgrade from the BMW and Audi's that I've owned previously. Parking sensors however I have no need for as I have been driving for several years and never had an issue with parking, if you do you then maybe you shouldn't hold a license and the wheels will be changed on Tuesday :)

Those wheels look like mine, although my tyres do look to be lower profile (I think)

Correct I think your alloys are 17/18? Mine are 16's perhaps I should have done more reasearch into the models I said I'm new to lexus so the models are all different to the German specs. However I'm incredibly happy and it has all the bells and whistles that I wanted, it's more about the looks and rarity of the on the road, it's not a car you can go on a commute and see 50/60 of unlike my last cars (18 in 5 years)

Yes mine are 18" wheels. As for the rarity and exclusivity of the car, I mentioned in one of my other threads that I was on the road for a full eight hours on Friday and in that time I saw just two other Lexus, I think one was an RX300 and the other was a 450 of some sort. Also when I go for a walk along the seafront, i always make a point of counting how many I see in the one to two hours that I'm down there and the answer is more often than not........................NIL, brings out a big smile on my face!!

Loads of Mercs, Bm's, Ford,Vw's, Skodas

Enjoy your car.

why change the wheels, Gaz? I would guess that the 16s give the best ride, are less vulnerable to kerbing damage and use the least fuel, although my Lux rides well enough on 17s. If I ever get myself a premier I will specify 17'' wheels rather than the usual 18's.

why change the wheels, Gaz? I would guess that the 16s give the best ride, are less vulnerable to kerbing damage and use the least fuel, although my Lux rides well enough on 17s. If I ever get myself a premier I will specify 17'' wheels rather than the usual 18's.

I like everything about the car apart from the actual alloys themselves, I intend to swap for 17's so nothing that going to ruin the ride quality or the drive of the car, just purely more aesthetically pleasing.

Nothing wrong with an SE. We get the emissions to 99g :luck: :whistling: Think of the environment folks :D

All the IS300h's in the world wont make up for the fact that the DIESELS are clogging up the air!

Thats a beauty Gaz,

You will love that car, same colour choice as mine, looks stunning perfectly clean, and even carries a little dirt fantastically well also. Hidden so much better than on the white, as well as great for stone chips, although I have not got any myself yet.

Just finished a long drive myself today, using the units measure of kms/ltr, and arrived home with a perfect reading of 20km per litre. Which in my book is amazing mileage from a 2.5ltr petrol with 220bhp.

Every once and a while, I switch to sport, move the gear level to the right into manual mode, and using the paddles have amazing fun from the power delivery and handling. Comfort, quality, refinement, silence, handling and great driving fun when you want too.......personally I love the ASC, its adds another dimension to the experience if having some fun.

Thats a beauty Gaz,

You will love that car, same colour choice as mine, looks stunning perfectly clean, and even carries a little dirt fantastically well also. Hidden so much better than on the white, as well as great for stone chips, although I have not got any myself yet.

Just finished a long drive myself today, using the units measure of kms/ltr, and arrived home with a perfect reading of 20km per litre. Which in my book is amazing mileage from a 2.5ltr petrol with 220bhp.

Every once and a while, I switch to sport, move the gear level to the right into manual mode, and using the paddles have amazing fun from the power delivery and handling. Comfort, quality, refinement, silence, handling and great driving fun when you want too.......personally I love the ASC, its adds another dimension to the experience if having some fun.

Thanks. The colour was a big selling point for me, I've had many cars in the past all different colours from bright yellow to white to black etc but I've always liked a good grey and I think the Lexus pulls it off fantastically!

I'm enjoying the absolute refinement and ease of drive. Without a doubt a huge inprovment over my previous car (BMW 1 Series MSport)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links