Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

First Week With The Is250 Sel

Well I have owned my is250 for a week.

I use the car to go to work and back which is a combination of A-roads, carriageway and 30mph town roads.

I have driven the car steady as this seems the best way to enjoy the refinement of the car.

I have managed between 33-50mpg and averaged around 37-40 most of the week which I'm more than happy with given that my other is220d is very similar economy.

Absolutely love the smooth engine and the auto box is great.

If I'm highly critical because the box is generally so smooth I noticed at slow speed in traffic it can sometime hunt between 1st & 2nd gear as the speed is somewhere between the change.

A similar occurrence is sometimes noticeable between 5th & 6 th if again you re driving gently and just border line change.

The car is a pleasure to drive and as others have mentioned, you look forward to going places in it.

I had a bmw330d e90 before which I just didn't enjoy. I much prefer the Lexus despite being slower and less economical.

I also love the Lexus image.

8105896199_15a6f4ff58.jpg

8105906908_7fb7195437.jpg

8105908238_016c753887.jpg

8105890861_42d6622af9.jpg

Carl

wow wish my IS200 got those figures with its smaller engine! petrol engines have come a long way in the last 10 years, and am fed up with all the hype about diesels, there so over rated. Bet your 330d was noisy and laggy? I want a IS250 next.... lovely cars and also love the image

yep do agree how far petrol engines have come! ISF guys are getting 26-30 mpg on a run sometimes in thier 5.0litre V8 monsters IS250 guys are getting between 30's to high 40's mpg when our IS200/300's auto can only manage 20 -25 mpg!! I think thier mpg advantage lies in the dual VVT-i, and direct ingection technology the newer Lexus engines have. we might aswell get an ISF and have best of both worlds :) (power and reasonable economy)

wow wish my IS200 got those figures with its smaller engine! petrol engines have come a long way in the last 10 years, and am fed up with all the hype about diesels, there so over rated. Bet your 330d was noisy and laggy? I want a IS250 next.... lovely cars and also love the image

The BMW was typically diesel but laggy, not at all.

Probably the best diesel engine in any car I have ever driven. If I had tht engine in the diesel Lexus it would be the perfect car.

However, you just can't beat a silky smooth feel of a petrol engine.

Carl

Don't know where those mpg figures came from for the ISF. Mine rarely achieves over 20 mpg in "normal" driving. I did achieve a reported 54 mpg with the IS 250 SE-L but that was on an all motorway run and driving it to attempt maximum mpg. If I did a similar run with the IS-F it may return a mid twenties mpg, but then it would make owning it totally pointless.

Don't know where those mpg figures came from for the ISF. Mine rarely achieves over 20 mpg in "normal" driving.

Might be you like enjoying that V8 sound track Tango :) . Have a read through 'My New ISF' thread in the ISF forum and guys on there have reported those figures on 'normal' driving. but i do agree wont be any fun!

Nice one!

Glad you are enjoying it so much. They are rather nice aren't they.

Yes they are, the ony thing to improve it would be to be as new as yours.

This will do for now though as im on a tight budget for a few years whilst m putting money aside for a bigger house.

Nice one!

Glad you are enjoying it so much. They are rather nice aren't they.

Yes they are, the ony thing to improve it would be to be as new as yours.

This will do for now though as im on a tight budget for a few years whilst m putting money aside for a bigger house.

Agree entirely, that's the only improvement I could make is by getting a newer one, Hopefully get one within a couple of years! So lovely to drive eh!

I wouldn't be fretting too much about having the pre facelift version if I were you. There isn't that much that is different.

Could make an interesting post in its own right. Prob need someone like FA to put me right on the detail!!

But I'll give it a start... Can always come back and edit later.

1. Inclusion of USB port in the arm rest.

2. Full post code entry in the sat nav search.

3. 'L' shaped reversing light cluster detail.

4. Improved range of wheel options.

5. Green tint to rear and back windows option... Not totally sure if that's right.

6. Anti dazzle rear view and wing mirrors?.... Are they on the earlier version?

7. Auto fold up mirrors upon door locking.

8. Indicator repeaters in wing mirror body.

Wouldn't you know it, tea is ready! Back later!

I wouldn't be fretting too much about having the pre facelift version if I were you. There isn't that much that is different.

Could make an interesting post in its own right. Prob need someone like FA to put me right on the detail!!

But I'll give it a start... Can always come back and edit later.

1. Inclusion of USB port in the arm rest.

2. Full post code entry in the sat nav search.

3. 'L' shaped reversing light cluster detail.

4. Improved range of wheel options.

5. Green tint to rear and back windows option... Not totally sure if that's right.

6. Anti dazzle rear view and wing mirrors?.... Are they on the earlier version?

7. Auto fold up mirrors upon door locking.

8. Indicator repeaters in wing mirror body.

Wouldn't you know it, tea is ready! Back later!

Not sure about the green tint windows, I'll have to look tomorrow but mine definitely has the anti dazzle rear view and wing mirrors and very good it is too, of course, did I mention you coud put your sunblind up for the same effect- lol

Just to add to your list

1. Semi Aniline leather with contrast double stitching

2. White kick plate lights instead of blue

3 White door courtesy lights instead of red

4 Different wood insert colours on the SEL

5 Round and larger diameter chrome exhaust pieces

6 new front bumper and grill

7 black strip between the double exhausts

8 different centre air vent and centre console design

9 Passenger and driver temp wording illuminated

10 Wing mirror controls illuminated

11. different button to lock the doors

12. Front seat back pockets are now elasticated to improve rear legroom

13 More obvious LED rear lights ( brake and side) 6 LEDs on each side instead of previous 2 or 3

14 The prefacelift models have a thicker boot carpet

14 Bluetooth audio streaming

15 Muliple phonebooks for different phones

The auto dipping mirrors were always available and so were the tinted windows at the rear although they are very subtle

13 More obvious LED rear lights ( brake and side) 6 LEDs on each side instead of previous 2 or 3

Are the rear lights on the facelift model a different shape? I was just wondering that if the external is the same shape, would it be possible to fit a new 'internal section' to accommodate the additional LED's. Anyone know the answer?

Also regarding 'White door courtesy lights instead of red' I find this rather confusing. I never regarded these sort of lights as being courtesy lights, more so that they were warning lights to traffice coming from behind that the door was open, hence the need for red. How stupid am I then!!

• Like 1

Are the rear lights on the facelift model a different shape? I was just wondering that if the external is the same shape, would it be possible to fit a new 'internal section' to accommodate the additional LED's. Anyone know the answer?

Have a look here

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=77674&hl

Must admit the 'in door' lights are still red.

The scuff plate light is white though.

Must be an MY11 year change then as mine are white

My loan car was MY11 and had the clear ones. I will be getting some clear ones for mine too. The red ones are useless.

I also noticed that in reverse the area behind the car was very well lit on the MY11 model in comparison to mine.

Must admit the 'in door' lights are still red.

The scuff plate light is white though.

That's the only change I'm not keen n, I relly like the neon blue scuff plate lights.

Carl

I had the earlier blue version on my is200. Yes, they were very appealing.

The silver/white ones I have on my 250 I really like a lot. I prefer the slight understatement of these. Comments have all been along the lines of 'classy'. Having said that I will be the first to concede that the Lexus logo itself was much larger on my is200, so it was more in your face as the door was opened. I would think the blue variant on the 250 would look tastey too!

Her's my current silver/white variant on the 250 SEL

lexus9.jpg

I had the earlier blue version on my is200. Yes, they were very appealing.

The silver/white ones I have on my 250 I really like a lot. I prefer the slight understatement of these. Comments have all been along the lines of 'classy'. Having said that I will be the first to concede that the Lexus logo itself was much larger on my is200, so it was more in your face as the door was opened. I would think the blue variant on the 250 would look tastey too!

Her's my current silver/white variant on the 250 SEL

lexus9.jpg

I must admit, they look better than I imagined, lmost 3D like.

Here's my blue version to compare:-

8120337026_12c4ed5f2f.jpg

Aha, this was the post where I meant to give you a better pic Carl!

Sorry I posted this up on the other 250 post by mistake DOH!!!!

lexusscufflogo.jpg

See what I mean about the almost 3D look?

dont worry, i saw it on that post to. they do look nice.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links