Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Painted Brake Calipers

FiZiX

While replacing my discs and pads on the front brakes, (with Blueprint Discs and Mintex Pads) i bought some sliver brake caliper decals off eBay and as you have to take both your calipers and torsion mount off i thought it might be a good idea to paint my front brake system.

Used a wire brush and various cloths and thinners to clean the brake dust off, then used some Hammerite Smooth Black. After afixing the decals i obtained from eBay, i finished it off with a couple of coats of clear laquer.

DSC00149.jpg

DSC00154.jpg

DSC00157.jpg

DSC00158.jpg

DSC00160.jpg

What do you guys and gals think? I'm quietly chuffed. B)

Next is to change the rear pads and paint the rear system, will post some pics when i get it done.

Cheers FiZiX

Haha, they do look good indeed... i realise i might have alienated the chaps with blue calipers... ooopps :tomato:

Glad you guys like the brakes, waiting for the weather to change so I can paint me back calipers...

Haha, they do look good indeed... i realise i might have alienated the chaps with blue calipers... ooopps :tomato:

Glad you guys like the brakes, waiting for the weather to change so I can paint me back calipers...

It's all down to personal taste fella, some go for red on blue which look smart as do your black but me personally I wanted them to tie in with the colour of the car but that's my prefference, so no offence taken if we all liked the same things then the world would be very boring ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links