• Join Gold & Save!
      Join Gold & Save!
    • Get Your Club Gear
      Get Your Club Gear
    • 1000's of Lexus For Sale
      1000's of Lexus For Sale
    • Massive Choice on Lexus Parts
      Massive Choice on Lexus Parts
    • Save Up To 15% On Your Lexus Insurance!
      Save Up To 15% On Your Lexus Insurance!


AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.


Omegajb

Lexus NX facelift revealed

19 posts in this topic

 

shame they did not give the NX thesame power as the IS. Some 27 horses less from thesame powersource, guess the marketingdepartment did not allow it.

i Drove an NX for a day recently and it is a very relaxed drive indeed but feels weak compared to my current  IS, it does not give thesame push.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

az8x2064.jpg?itok=cVWZYjqV

az8x2057.jpg?itok=FLNumlFk

az8x2072.jpg?itok=OOPkB_8N

Glad to see a lighter interior option on the F-Sport and the addition of a bigger screen

It also gets the "Kick the bumper" auto tailgate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm - different, rater than better. The extended rear light clusters necessitate an awkward crease above the Lexus badge. Hopefully the brake lights illuminate more of the cluster than in the current model. The "NX300" designation turns out to be a new name for the NX200t, rather than the detuned V6 some of us suspected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can honestly scarcely see the different on the exterior F sport (not complaining as shortly taking delivery of pre-facelift model!) although I do see it on the non-F particularly at the front. 

I do like the interior improvements a lot - I've long argued for toggles over buttons and the screen and clock did need enlarged. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really don't like that front grill.

Looks like a big black moustache!

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Are those fog lights in the bottom corners, to the left and right of the grill?

Apparently so..

"as well as relocated the fog lamps to the corner of the front bumpers, separating them from the ducts."

Edited by NemesisUK
read the blurb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PCM said:

Really don't like that front grill.

Looks like a big black moustache!

 

Or a whale shark feeding..

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turns out those wheels are optional! 

Good - because I swear they look like they've been pulled off the RAV 4

Something else to note - the NX now gets dynamic indicators like the RX :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

shame they did not give the NX thesame power as the IS. Some 27 horses less from thesame powersource, guess the marketingdepartment did not allow it.

i Drove an NX for a day recently and it is a very relaxed drive indeed but feels weak compared to my current  IS, it does not give thesame push.  

 

It doesn't have the same engine, hence the difference in power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17-04-20-lexus-nx-screenshot.jpg

Anyone noticed the Map? Its Google Maps! Either through mirrorlink or added as a feature - no idea

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah wow that is nice, pity I have a lot of expenses otherwise this would be the version I would pick up, it seems like I will have to get a second hand 2015 model on finance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great. Can I get this update on my RX450h with Premium Nav?.

At least the maps would be up to date. :wink3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, rayaans said:

17-04-20-lexus-nx-screenshot.jpg

Anyone noticed the Map? Its Google Maps! Either through mirrorlink or added as a feature - no idea

It's mirrorlink according to the site that posted the shot. I'm so bitter mirrorlink doesn't work on the current models.

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2017/04/20/video-introducing-the-2018-lexus-nx-f-sport/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Runwaypimp said:

It's mirrorlink according to the site that posted the shot. I'm so bitter mirrorlink doesn't work on the current models.

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2017/04/20/video-introducing-the-2018-lexus-nx-f-sport/

 

I think the website is wrong TBH

Google maps certainly doesn't show NE and 100m on my phone!  If it was mirror link, it'd only mirror the screen so wouldn't have that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rayaans said:

I think the website is wrong TBH

Google maps certainly doesn't show NE and 100m on my phone!  If it was mirror link, it'd only mirror the screen so wouldn't have that?

I think those are an overlay from the Lexus software. Just like the icons on the right.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Runwaypimp said:

I think those are an overlay from the Lexus software. Just like the icons on the right.

 

 

The icons on the right are certainly overlays but they always are

It wouldnt make sense to overlay nav zoom and the compass everytime the car has mirror link on. 

I wonder if google maps has been added as a standalone feature 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Little video which shows some more NX facelift details

Be aware its heavily CGI'ed as all Lexus launch videos are but I can say one thing - and thats the fact that the standard wheels look much better than the optional ones!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks good to me. It'll be interesting to see one in the flesh. I quite like the front grille too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.