Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rcf At Goodwood

Hi Guys

I was at Goodwood for the FOS today - shame that Lexus doesn't have a stand (I could see Alfa either, unless I missed it). But Lexus did have a small area in the 'Moving Motor Show' and of the two cars there, one was an RCF.

Given this is my first look at the car, I thought I'd share my first impressions having sat it in and looks around:

- It's BIG; if it were a four door its size would make sense, but as it is only a two door it seems bloated with a lot of overhang at the back

- It doesn't feel as well screwed together as the ISF; not in the sense that the ISF isn't 'plastic city' inside, but to my reckoning the RCF felt cheaply put together with leatherette material on the door cards and elsewhere, also the door seemed to lack the 'thunk' that the ISF has

- The engine bay is more modded than the ISF and looks better/cleaner, but the same basic set-up

Based on what I saw today, I'd say the RCF is bit of a 'cul de sac' model with little logic behind its concept and delivery. They should have just gone for the new four door ISF replacement planned for next year.

If I was after a two door new sportscar the Stingray (blue) on the Chevy stand would get my money and at GBP 75 all in is about the same money as the RCF....

Well that's my tuppence worth for the day

Everyone is entitled to their opinion chap. I know what you mean by the size. It's a big car. I don't agree re the build quality comments though. While I found the inside lacking in identity with too many materials for my eye i found the quality very good.

Stu

I took an RCF for a 3 hour blast to the EVO triangle in North Wales whilst my recall work was being done. I found it to be highly impressive and it sounded great. The only bit of the interior that grated was the lower part of the centre console where the plastic reminded me of an AKAI music centre I bought in 1989.

Interestingly, when I got back in my ISF for the cross country drive home, it immediately felt light and agile.

• Like 1

I took an RCF for a 3 hour blast to the EVO triangle in North Wales whilst my recall work was being done. I found it to be highly impressive and it sounded great. The only bit of the interior that grated was the lower part of the centre console where the plastic reminded me of an AKAI music centre I bought in 1989.

Interestingly, when I got back in my ISF for the cross country drive home, it immediately felt light and agile.

The RCF is too heavy but very planted & you can really chuck it around.

Not aware of an ISF next year, when I was in Lexus, (last month) I asked about that possibility, I was told there is a plan for a GSF next year, but no plans for the IS.

Not aware of an ISF next year, when I was in Lexus, (last month) I asked about that possibility, I was told there is a plan for a GSF next year, but no plans for the IS.

Me neither. Would like to know where Grey One got that information from. I'm in the market for a 4 door performance car next year. Would love a GSF but bit too much to spend.

Sorry chaps for any confusion - I meant the GSF (ISF replacement in terms of four door, V8 etc.). BTW, unless I'm imagining things it looked like there was a GSF taking the hill at Goodwood after the RCF, is that possible (four door, twin tail pipes etc)?

I would have expected something a bit more exciting than white too.

To me the DRL look weird, its as if they have been taken off a smaller vehicle, like the CT, and just slapped on the bumper without considering how large the headlight units are.

I've noticed on the Lexus used site there are 34 unsold RC-Fs at dealers. I'm hoping most of those will still be there in 5 months time so the dealers need to competitively reduce prices to shift them. Getting demo GS-Fs in should also raise the pressure to shift the RC-Fs. I can imagine them dropping quite quickly to £46k

Actually the whole GCF thing was a completely missed opportunity, Lexus didn't have a stand and the GCF just slipped up the hill a couple of times behind the RCF (both in washing machine white) without raising any attention. Looking at the size of both cars makes me very happy to own an ISF but also baffled Lexus didn't carry it on the for next gen ISF.

Our gain longer term as the ISF will doubtless become a classic...

To my knowledge, no plans for the IS-F yet - but have been told that its not completely off the cards. The only problem Lexus have now is, if they bring out the IS-F, the RC-F is going to get a pretty bad hit and tbh I think itll be obsolete.

The GS-F will have to be very competitive on price. As far as Im concerned, its probably not worth paying anymore than £65k for a basic GS-F as I cant see it offering much more than the RC-F apart from 2 extra doors, an extra seat and a larger boot. Putting a price hike of £10k + would be very silly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I was at Goodwood for the FOS today - shame that Lexus doesn't have a stand (I could see Alfa either, unless I missed it). But Lexus did have a small area in the 'Moving Motor Show' and of the two cars there, one was an RCF.

Given this is my first look at the car, I thought I'd share my first impressions having sat it in and looks around:

- It's BIG; if it were a four door its size would make sense, but as it is only a two door it seems bloated with a lot of overhang at the back

- It doesn't feel as well screwed together as the ISF; not in the sense that the ISF isn't 'plastic city' inside, but to my reckoning the RCF felt cheaply put together with leatherette material on the door cards and elsewhere, also the door seemed to lack the 'thunk' that the ISF has

- The engine bay is more modded than the ISF and looks better/cleaner, but the same basic set-up

Based on what I saw today, I'd say the RCF is bit of a 'cul de sac' model with little logic behind its concept and delivery. They should have just gone for the new four door ISF replacement planned for next year.

If I was after a two door new sportscar the Stingray (blue) on the Chevy stand would get my money and at GBP 75 all in is about the same money as the RCF....

Well that's my tuppence worth for the day

No ISF replacement next year only the GSF

I think Lexus should of stuck with the ISF to rival M3 C63 etc

GSF to rival M5, E63 etc

and RCF for M4, RS5 etc.

it gives people more of a variety as the other competitors offer.

slightly off topic, but has anyone seen the new Toyota "Supra".. looks amazing.

I think Lexus should of stuck with the ISF to rival M3 C63 etc

GSF to rival M5, E63 etc

and RCF for M4, RS5 etc.

it gives people more of a variety as the other competitors offer.

slightly off topic, but has anyone seen the new Toyota "Supra".. looks amazing.

Super car looks!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links