Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Automatic Air Recirculation

I followed a VW Passat yesterday that was blowing more smoke than a destroyer attacking the Bismarck. My automatic air recirculation kicked in and later returned to fresh air mode when the Passat had turned off (I did not know that it returned to fresh air setting)). What a brilliant feature. Does anyone know whether this feature was a Lexus first? I know that ai con was invented by American car companies, but I don't remember having another car with the air quality sensor, apart from much newer models.

Lexus didn't mention it being a first in 1997/1998 when it was introduced to the GS and LS.

FYI, on the GS if you press and hold the recirculate button for 5 seconds you get the option to change the sensitivity of the system - I'm sure it will be the same on the LS too.

FYI, on the GS if you press and hold the recirculate button for 5 seconds you get the option to change the sensitivity of the system - I'm sure it will be the same on the LS too.

I bet 'Lexus chap' will now use that info when rubbishes a car he wants to buy, even if it works properly.

Talking about lexuschap. I've seen on eBay he's bought that ls430 back that a chap on here had, once again he's put down like there is nothing wrong with the car at all, but we all know the drivers side door soft closer doesn't work on it

It does.

well after 7 years of own LS, you still learn something new.

How does it adjust the sensitivity - is this in the hand book?

So many oil burners out there chucking out all sorts of muck, makes me wonder how we put up with it, all that black soot turning to sulphuric acid in your lungs (all be it in small amounts)!

Pete

Select the climate page on the screen, press the circulation button for 5 seconds and the smog detector page appears on the screen. It is factory set at midway if you need better, say in traffic city centre, move it up.

• Like 2

Lexus didn't mention it being a first in 1997/1998 when it was introduced to the GS and LS.

I wonder if it works on an RX - will have to try ( suspect not) ?

Hugh

To further illustrate how far ahead of the opposition the LS400 was in the 1990s here is another two firsts.

It was the first production car with factory fitted on board GPS navigation and the first V8 engine with VVT-i.

• Like 1

plus the first with in seat suspension, and the first with an in car 6 cd changer. Just been out in my 2007 Octavia. It's top of the range and a very good car, but my expectations are so much higher now, I can't say I enjoyed the drive

Not to mention the touch screen feature. Wayyy ahead of it's time

And..... it still works after 16 years of being prodded and poked, unlike many other touch screen products I've had the misfortune to encounter.

Just tried the sensitivity adjustment, and works as promised, then noticed as I switched the wipers off, there is a double movement...an initial abrupt stop, followed by a soft stop as the wipers park out of sight.

Wonder what else I've yet to discover?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links