Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Is After Being Detailed

I thought I would share some pics of my car as I have just picked it up after having it detailed at Deville detailing.

I can't praise their work high enough the car looks stunning and they are also a great pair of guys.

My car has had a full detail which includes clay barring and protection using GTechniq Crystal Serum Sealant followed by GTechniq EXO Hybrid coating.

The seats have been protected with GTechniq L1 and the carpets have had GTechniq I1 applied.

To say I'm pleased is an understatement.

post-54288-0-38121600-1446221507_thumb.j

post-54288-0-10042000-1446221558_thumb.j

post-54288-0-69196100-1446221651_thumb.j

I agree Alan, I'm loving the Sonic Titanium with beige leather but then I am biased lol.

Mike, £500 for the lot, seemed a lot of money before I had it done but it looks well worth it and it should protect the paint.

I agree Alan, I'm loving the Sonic Titanium with beige leather but then I am biased lol.

Mike, £500 for the lot, seemed a lot of money before I had it done but it looks well worth it and it should protect the paint.

Money well spent. Mine is being done next spring. Mike.

Looks fab, price doesn't seem to bad.

I thought about it for ours but ended up doing it my self woth Wolf's coating. Which has lasted 6-7 months now and still OK, but will need topping up this weekend.

How long did the work take? Did they do it indoors?

They had it overnight as the coating needs to cure, all the work is done inside. They have a nice set up, on the day I picked my car up they were working on a brand new Ferrari 488 speciale in metallic grey that looked stunning delivered direct from the dealers. The poor guy who owned it also decided to buy an F12 while he was there.....it's a hard life for some people!!!!

http://www.devilledetailing.co.uk/

• Like 1

That does look good and I am a big fan of the Sonic T. When I bought my Sonic White NX I didn't go for any of the Supaguard protection but I'm now thinking I'd like the paintwork protected as much as possible. Presumably sooner is better than latter as any protection on the car from new will fade away.

I also know I'm not going to do it myself. To avoid being ripped off, what am I actually looking for? Some sort of waxing that lasts a while or something more permanent?

Forgive my ignorance I've never bothered with this sort of thing before but may decide to keep this car in the family for a few years.

This is what I had applied http://www.gtechniq.com/products/auto/perfect/exterior/paint/crystal-serum

I had a look around and all the reviews of it were good. Wax is good but doesn't protect the paint as well as it will naturally wear of.

May be worth having a chat with somebody like these (below) or have a look on detailingworld.co.uk.

http://www.detailmycar.co.uk/enhancementdetail.html

That does look good and I am a big fan of the Sonic T. When I bought my Sonic White NX I didn't go for any of the Supaguard protection but I'm now thinking I'd like the paintwork protected as much as possible. Presumably sooner is better than latter as any protection on the car from new will fade away.

I also know I'm not going to do it myself. To avoid being ripped off, what am I actually looking for? Some sort of waxing that lasts a while or something more permanent?

Forgive my ignorance I've never bothered with this sort of thing before but may decide to keep this car in the family for a few years.

If your white is the one discussed in the following link I'd want it protected. Cannot see how any paint shop in the UK is going to be able to properly match it!

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/magazine/articles/Vehicle-Insider/Paint-Division

If your white is the one discussed in the following link I'd want it protected. Cannot see how any paint shop in the UK is going to be able to properly match it!

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/magazine/articles/Vehicle-Insider/Paint-Division

OMG Colin, I was breaking into a cold sweat reading that article and worrying about my next trip with an unprotected car! The article called it Eminent White Pearl and mentioned the sonic paint technology, and mine is Sonic White, so no doubt in my mind it's the same one :o . It would also explain how difficult it was for the Smart repair guy to match the Sonic Titanium I had on my IS. He did a superb job - eventually.

Right, I think I know what I'll be doing, some research on exactly what to get done and by whom. All suggestions very welcome!

You want a ceramic coating. Gtechniq, C quartz, kamikaze. That sort of stuff.

Are you anywhere near topaz detailing or ultimate finish? They're the guys you want near London anyway

Ceramic coating is definitely the way to go if you do larger mileages. Have a search on line for detailers in your area and have a read on some sites to see if they do what you want/need. Give them a ring and they should be able to guide you to what you need. I personally wouldn't go for anyone who is mobile.

Gtechniq: Gtechniq C1 and Exo V2. C1 becomes the functional surface for the paintwork. It gives great protection and helps reduce wash marring, scratching and gives great levels of dirt repellency. That is the first part, the exo v2 boosts the look of C1 giving much more gloss and the water sheeting is unrivalled.Use exo v2 to coat other paint protection coatings it is so good at sheeting water off. It makes a car very easy to wash, a lot of the dirt is washed off with a hose (even better with a pressure washer) the shampoo and sponge or mitt glide over the surface and when rinsed off there is very little water left to dry.

Ceramic coating is definitely the way to go if you do larger mileages. Have a search on line for detailers in your area and have a read on some sites to see if they do what you want/need. Give them a ring and they should be able to guide you to what you need. I personally wouldn't go for anyone who is mobile.

Gtechniq: Gtechniq C1 and Exo V2. C1 becomes the functional surface for the paintwork. It gives great protection and helps reduce wash marring, scratching and gives great levels of dirt repellency. That is the first part, the exo v2 boosts the look of C1 giving much more gloss and the water sheeting is unrivalled.Use exo v2 to coat other paint protection coatings it is so good at sheeting water off. It makes a car very easy to wash, a lot of the dirt is washed off with a hose (even better with a pressure washer) the shampoo and sponge or mitt glide over the surface and when rinsed off there is very little water left to dry.

I don't mind mobile detailers but they don't typically do ceramic coatings which take a while to cure. They don't have any trouble putting C quartz on though as it doesn't require too long

I don't mind mobile detailers but they don't typically do ceramic coatings which take a while to cure. They don't have any trouble putting C quartz on though as it doesn't require too long

I agree, I know G technic need to "go off" overnight, I can't comment on C quartz as I've never used it to be honest. It all depends on what you want and how much you are willing to pay for it at the end of the day.

Thanks guys, very helpful indeed. I'll make some enquires and see where it goes.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

They had it overnight as the coating needs to cure, all the work is done inside. They have a nice set up, on the day I picked my car up they were working on a brand new Ferrari 488 speciale in metallic grey that looked stunning delivered direct from the dealers. The poor guy who owned it also decided to buy an F12 while he was there.....it's a hard life for some people!!!!

http://www.devilledetailing.co.uk/

Their work looks good. Will keep them in mind.

Anyone here wrapped a car before with the clear M3 protective cover?? I'm thinking of getting this done for the next car straight from the showroom. Pricing seem to vary a lot.

Those with an IS Advance would be good for feedback as to the worth. I just didn't really feel I'd like it, had thoughts of yellowing and dirt collecting where the edges are.It also depends on whether it scuffs up with normal wear an tear, so relpacing a panels is noticiable in shading to the others.But maybe the technology is more advanced than that.

David.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links