Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Navigation Update

Ian, Yes I think you are correct.

I have just registered with the Portal, BUT, when I tried to input the info for my Nav system (LexusNav13CY) it wasn't having it!!

So, I must assume it's if you have Premium Nav (which is not on my IS300h Exec).

Can anyone else confirm this?

(It referred me to go to my Dealer for update - Mine shows Software Version VC18100B, which I assume was current when my Car was Registered in August 2015) 

There's no issue, btw, with getting the dealer to update. I do have Premium, but I still do that (they don't charge). After all, it's a free cuppa, and a chance  to look at the very latest models!

That said, mine's been working perfectly for a while so I'm not risking it until next service!

Ian,

When you say they don't charge, is this because you have the Premium model, or is it that your Dealer is very good (to you!!), or is this general Lexus practice for all customers??

I will see what happens on my next Visit & free Cuppa!!

The software updates are normally done free of charge, the map updates cost. I can't remember how much but think they had become ridiculous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Am i missing the point here? The lexus portal states NAVIGATION MADE AMAZING. then shows how you can plan a trip on your computer load it onto an usb then connect that to your car and then Amazing! you can drive off to your destination. Huh??

If this is exemplary of how Lexus designers/engineers think it totally explains why the satnav, mouse control, graphics and structure of menu are the weakest point of the car.

Is someone on this forum planning to go to Japan in the near future?  Then pack a TomTom in your suitcase knock on the door at headoffice and tell them politely it is 2016 already...

still a great car though..

Drive Tastefully 

You can plan a trip on your PC via the portal and then it is sent to the car using the internet!!  The car can connect by tethering to your mobile. My TomTom cannot do that!!

Is it quicker than entering a postcode while sat in the car though? Not really imho.

Ed:winkiss:

I'm having problems registering my vehicle with the Lexus portal, I've followed the instructions and it shows my vehicle in the My Vehicles part but when I try and download the update it says I don't have any Vehicles Registered.  Anyone help? 

Never mind, sorted

You can plan a trip on your PC via the portal and then it is sent to the car using the internet!!  The car can connect by tethering to your mobile. My TomTom cannot do that!!

I find this a really useful feature. Sit at my computer at work, send the trip to the car and then download it straight to the nav when I get in the car. The only glitch is although I give the trip a name when it downloads it seems to drop that and shows the address instead. No big deal but not quite 100%.

As usual, when it comes to the techie bits I am having problems. I spotted that someone mentioned in an earlier post that you can go to the portal, plan a trip, load it on to a USB stick and then transfer it to the car. I have gone into the portal and have input the postcode where I want to go and can't get any further than that, how sad is that then.

I have also watched a youtube video but that wasn't that helpful either.  I have to go to from sunny (sorry, soggy) Devon to Sleaford in Lincolnshire in April so I thought I would give this new fangled idea a go.

Anyone got any simple straightforward tips on creating a trip?

17 minutes ago, bluenose1940 said:

As usual, when it comes to the techie bits I am having problems. I spotted that someone mentioned in an earlier post that you can go to the portal, plan a trip, load it on to a USB stick and then transfer it to the car. I have gone into the portal and have input the postcode where I want to go and can't get any further than that, how sad is that then.

I have also watched a youtube video but that wasn't that helpful either.  I have to go to from sunny (sorry, soggy) Devon to Sleaford in Lincolnshire in April so I thought I would give this new fangled idea a go.

Anyone got any simple straightforward tips on creating a trip?

Enter the postcode, or place name, or company name etc, then hit enter.  It should appear in the box below.  There should be a small + in a  circle, click that to add it to the POI box below. Repeat that process to add more POI's to the trip.  Use the arrows in the POI box to order them in the order you prefer.  Give the trip a name, then hit save trip.

Then on the next screen, you'll see on the extreme right a small car symbol with a + and a USB symbol.  Click on the Car symbol and it will send it to the car, USB symbol and you can download it. Red X deletes.  Clicking on the small blue + symbol, allows you to edit the trip.

When you are back in your car, go to Destination as before, but browse to Memory and I think Stored Routes to download them into the car, the actual route planning is done in the car at the time you set off, which is to begin with counter-intuitive, but actually makes sense as it will depend on where you are and what the road/traffic conditions will be at the time.

If you are only going to one place, it's a bit of faff, but if you are planning a multi stop-off trip, then it's easier/quicker to do this than trying to do it in the car, especially if you don't have the postcode's or full addresses for each stop.

Hi Steve and Edward, thanks for your input.  Yes I had sussed that it was easier to just input the postcode when in the car, this is what I have always done in the past.  I just thought that it would save messing about in the car if I prepared a trip whilst sat at the pc doing other things. As you say Steve, more useful if planning multi-stop-offs. I will use it if such an event arises.

Thanks anyway folks.

Horses for courses I guess but even for a simple one destination trip I find it easier to use the portal and download.

Hi there,

could someone tell me how to exactly do an update of satnav? I have all files downloaded on USB, but how to start updating, where can I find it in car menu?

Thanks a lot.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links