Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Service Quotes

Hi Craig

I, too, am looking round for 80k service on my 99V IS200 SE! Hatfield quoted me £435, and as I work 2 mins from them, would like to have gone there. But not if I can save nearly £200. :crying:

I was gonna ring ALL dealers for quotes - have you done this already and just posted an example of quotes?

Cheers fella

You need to remember that the dealerships are franchises, generally run by companies that specilise in car dealers (e.g. Fish etc..)

So obviously, different Lexus dealers will be run by different companies, which will mean different levels of service and different costs.

Have you tried Lexus Leicester? They were cheapest for me.

And we have just opened our new show room and service centre too..... well worth a look...... B)

And there's a nice bird working on reception there too :winky:

I know - I pop in every week to say hello....... :whistling:

Have you tried Lexus Leicester? They were cheapest for me.

And we have just opened our new show room and service centre too..... well worth a look...... B)

And there's a nice bird working on reception there too :winky:

I know - I pop in every week to say hello....... :whistling:

Git!

Can't justify a 170 mile round trip just to say hello.

Well it cost £284.80 in the end, not too bad. Certainly better than Hatfields quote!

When they gave me the keys i jumped in the car and noticed a 1 litre top-up oil on my seat... nice gesture i thought, a little pressie from the dealer... when i looked at my bill they'd charged me £11.20 for it LOL.

The price quoted for a 80k service at Nottingham Lexus is that inc parts and vat

seems very good i hope this is correct im going to call them and book

Kind Regards

Yep the £284.80 was including VAT and parts.

I didn't have any extras done, just a standard 80k service.

Oh they changed the Battery in my key remote and charged me £5.11 hehe

Well it cost £284.80 in the end, not too bad. Certainly better than Hatfields quote!

Craig, Did they change your coolant and pollen filter? Hatfield told me they will do both.

I just checked the Service Specification Sheet.

From the check list:

Drain and replace coolant - every 3 years or 40k miles (whichever is sooner) - thereafter 2 years or 20k miles (extra charge - 0.5 hr) - OK

So i presume it was just checked, although OK isn't in the Key (telling you what a tick, cross, A & R indicates)

They replaced the engine oil filter.

They drained and replaced differential oil.

Quite a large check list.

Hope that helps a little mate.

Drain and replace coolant - every 3 years or 40k miles (whichever is sooner) - thereafter 2 years or 20k miles (extra charge - 0.5 hr) - OK

I'd take that as not replaced aswell - hence cheaper cost.

Top info though fella, cheers

yeah, but if the schedule says to change X and Y at Z miles/years, then thats all that should be changed. Any more or less is bad for the owners.

Some dealers use fuel injector cleaner etc. which add to the price.

Some dealers replace the air filter even if it's not needed (it only needs inspecting and replacing if required). Some may just add the cost of the filter to the quoted price and if not needed then the bill will be cheaper than quoted.

All dealers should be doing at least what is on the service schedule.

Also watch the price of engine oil. Some dealers charge up to £70 for it. Supply your own!

Also watch the price of engine oil. Some dealers charge up to £70 for it. Supply your own!

Which is especially galling when it's some cheapo muck, synthetic or otherwise,

that they probably pay about 50p a litre for - or less :angry:

Picture the scene... I peruse dealer service bill to see 53quid for oil - Jeeperz!

Point out that in 5 secs with a browser, found shop with same oil for 24quid.

Dealer reduces cost to 27quid... ok that'll do.

I mention the (very good) BP stuff at work and that it's only £1 a litre bulk.

Blimey says service manager - that's expensive.. :blink:

followed by embarrassed look as he realizes what he's just implied :angry:

As Colin says - supply your own, don't get fleeced !!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links