Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another new member

Hi folks, 

Picked up my new Isf yesterday and loving it. It's a 2013 plate with just over 12k, barely run in :-)

Been ages since ive had a proper quick car, ran a couple of rx450h's for the last few years but before them I used to run a TT 6sp Supra which I stupidly traded for a Monaro.

Anyways that engine noise is way too addictive lol but it's going to take me a bit to get used to the handling and power.

Cheers

Mike

DSC_0090.JPG

• Like 2

Thanks Peter,

I used to lurk on the mkivsupra forum but must be 2009 ish i sold the supra. Would be nice if the isf values go the same way as the supra TT 6 :smile:

Thanks guys,

That blue definitely makes the car get noticed out and about.

Couldnt help myself I've already been out polishing. Stripped off whatever the dealer had used, Autoglym super resin and a couple of coats of R222 wax. 

Wasting my time mind you as it's started snowing today lol

DSC_0091.JPG

DSC_0092.JPG

• Like 1

Damnnnnn! That is a nice car! That colour is a total eye catcher! Must have got admiring glances already I presume?

You definitely aren't faint-hearted are you? Got the two trademark F colours in the garage already, Blue and Orange!

3 hours ago, Kodiak Sky said:

Beautiful car, congratulations.

That's the one from Lexus Edinburgh, right? I caught a glimpse of it whilst sitting in traffic last week. :cool:

Yeah its the one from Lexus Edinburgh. Quite funny the salesman was saying they were selling the isf and the rcf carbon the same day and was unheard of for them lol.

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Damnnnnn! That is a nice car! That colour is a total eye catcher! Must have got admiring glances already I presume?

You definitely aren't faint-hearted are you? Got the two trademark F colours in the garage already, Blue and Orange!

I guess not lol. The isf was definitely getting noticed today out and about but I reckon most folk haven't got a clue what it is. I've never seen one on the roads up here.  

Wow I do love that colour. It was my preferred choise if I could have found one with black leather.

A friend will be interested to see the beetle as he has owned one in a similar colour since he was 17.

8 hours ago, dr_rick said:

Very nice. Should be picking mine up this weekend.

Whereabouts in Perthshire are you? I occasionally visit Perth itself as we have offices at Broxden Business Park.

Cool another new owner :-) I'm up in Blairgowrie just north of Perth.

1 hour ago, DAW said:

Wow I do love that colour. It was my preferred choise if I could have found one with black leather.

A friend will be interested to see the beetle as he has owned one in a similar colour since he was 17.

Yeah I'm not too sure about the light interiors.

Funnily enough I've had my beetle since I was 17 as well. It's my first car and a labour of love lol but it's still on the road. I do everything myself even resprayed it back in 2008 when I had it last in bits. Runs a 2017 cc stroker motor with 44 idfs:biggrin:

20130905_181446.jpg

Impressive stuff! :thumbs_up:

Paint job looks very good as well. Holding up well considering you did it 8yrs ago. :cool:

Must be nice to have something low-tech to tinker with! Lol.

Trust me when I say the IS-F is a very different proposition! The technology involved makes pretty much every job ten times harder! :wallbash:

Must admit I have always fancied the idea of running a Datzun 240Z with an RB26 DETT engine. :yahoo:

Classic lines with awesome performance. Seen one up close and personal before at a show. It was lovely. :wub:

Looks a beauty, dont want to hijack your thread but.... :wink3: my 71 is presently in the workshop for a full bare shell resto. Chassis and pan is complete, Engine build back to a standard 1.3 is pretty much complete, full interior retrim is complete, just panel replacement and paint then she can go back together. Hopefully be done before the end of summer... Looking rather sorry for herself at the minute though...

This is all thats left...nah not really but cant find my other pics...

IMG_4817.JPG

beetle2.jpg

Thanks Peter, it's doing not bad few bubbles coming back in the usual places but nothing serious yet. It gets a bit boring working on the same car for so long so working on the modern stuff is a breath of fresh air. Not that I've had to do much of that owning a Lexus.

Talking about technology though I wouldn't dare touch the brakes on the mk3 GS 430 I had with that ebc stuff ready to throw vsc errors at you. Does the isf have this do you know or can you change discs / pads without any hassle?

Dave,  it's great to see another one being rescued :-) I had mine like that in 2000 welding in floor panels and heater channels etc.  Yours will be like a new car once its done :cool:

5 hours ago, mike m said:

Yeah I'm not too sure about the light interiors.

Funnily enough I've had my beetle since I was 17 as well. It's my first car and a labour of love lol but it's still on the road. I do everything myself even resprayed it back in 2008 when I had it last in bits. Runs a 2017 cc stroker motor with 44 idfs:biggrin:

20130905_181446.jpg

It was my friends first car as well and he has also rebuild his, along with a couple of other and a camper van over the years. He is always off to shows to pick up parts etc. He also currently helping out with a friends beetle which is being rallied at various events including the Goodwood Festival of speed. 

I know he will be interested to see the pictures. It looks like it's in good nick you have clearly looked after it. Funny it's so similar to his . I think his is clementine - will have to check!!

Hi Mike my friend was very impressed by your beetle and tells me he thinks the colour is Brilliant Orange (L20B) not Clementine (L20D) like his. He then suggested he should get his coat and leave for being such an anorak!!. Lol

5 hours ago, DAW said:

Hi Mike my friend was very impressed by your beetle and tells me he thinks the colour is Brilliant Orange (L20B) not Clementine (L20D) like his. He then suggested he should get his coat and leave for being such an anorak!!. Lol

Hi David,

Haha - Yip he's spot on its L20B VW leucht / Brilliant orange. Its the original colour for my bug.

Hi Mike, again Clementine is the original colour for his car.  I suspect you would have much in common & plenty to talk about!! 

I hope you are enjoy the contrast of the ISF!

Mike M quick question you if you don't mind? How does the rx450h and iSF compare having had both?

I've got both on my radar at the minute along with a Porsche Cayenne turbo. However, I'm more swayed towards Lexus having had a few in the past.

Cheers.

We have both a '09 RX450h and an '08 ISF on the driveway. You can't really compare them!

RX450 - massive inside, really comfortable, economical (we've averaged 32mpg with mostly town driving). Not the most engaging driving experience, but it's almost silent and a really nice place to be. My wife loves hers and plans on getting another when the time comes. No rattles or squeaks after 80k miles and a reasonable burst of speed when needed.

ISF - a Jekyll and Hyde car - you can leave it in auto and waft about with the engine rarely creeping above 2k, or you can use sport/manual mode and be a total hooligan! Comfortable enough, and fairly good on fuel for what it is, I've averaged 20mpg from mixed driving, which drops to around 10mpg or less if driving really hard. They're very reliable (far more so than an M3 or C63), rare and make a cracking noise. Having had faster cars, they're about as quick as you can use on the road. 4 adults would be a little cramped on a long journey but fine for short ones. 

Need to to know anything specific? I think the obvious answer is to buy both - then you've got pretty much every base covered!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links