Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Information on Silver IS-F for sale

Hi guys,

A very good friend of mine is looking to buy an IS-F. He has seen this one (link at bottom) for sale and is hoping to go see it. 

Does anyone know the car or is the owner on the forum? 

Any information will be much appreciated.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/142087180015?_mwBanner=1

Thanks

Sully 

Whilst I don't have any information on the car itself I do know that it's been up for a sale on eBay severaltimes over the past few months. The first ad I saw had the price closer to the £20k mark and the owner wanted to sell it and buy a DB9.

He's listed a '16 plate Lexus based private reg up on eBay recently and the ad for that mentioned he was planning to buy an RC but changed his plans. I'm surprised it's not been sold given that it's been up for sale so long. 

• Like 1

Seems VERY good value, especially at that mileage and also seems to tick all the right boxes. Good add, flsh etc 

Has to be worth a look. May only not have sold if only on eBay. I never look there for cars. If it was in autotrader would probably have sold by now. 

• Like 1

Looks very nice, mine has 52k on a 58 plate, wouldn't ever think of letting mine go for that figure daresay the kids might for £80k when I'm gone. Lol.....don't ever see me parting with mine, wish him luck 👍

• Like 1

So my friend had arranged to view the car on Sunday, however the owner emailed him saying the following:

'It has been pointed out to me that either yourself or your friend have been on the lexus forum asking about my car. I do not appreciate this at all as it leads to brain dead geeks commenting on your sale without any basis just speculation on a negative tone with their thoughts'

Given the above my friend has decided not to go view the car. 

I find his email very odd and it has LED to him losing a sale. I do not feel what I did was wrong in any way and I was just looking out for my friend. 

• Like 1

Very odd indeed! With such a niche market of course people are asking for history. Done himself no favours and in fact raises questions/concerns. It is very cheap for the mileage. Maybe something is wrong with it. 

4 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Very odd indeed! With such a niche market of course people are asking for history. Done himself no favours and in fact raises questions/concerns. It is very cheap for the mileage. Maybe something is wrong with it. 

Exactly. Usually if a car is cheaper than other examples of the same age and mileage then it is only normal to wonder why. I was the only one to mention something like that on this thread and if the seller somehow sees this then I apologise for any offence caused.

I've been looking at the ISF market for months now, both prior to buying mine and after just to get an idea on values. As it stands this is probably one of the best priced ones with the mileage and history it has. As enthusiasts and owners it's only reasonable for us to comment on the ISFs for sale given the small amount of them out there. 

Nice addition to the eBay ad - 

"Contrary to the geeks on the ISF Lexus forum the reason I did not sell previously is because I changed my mind to keep her after selling for 18,200. Now my circumstances have changed and I'm prepared to let her go"

Not sure why the owner is so annoyed by this thread. As forums go this one is by far one of the friendliest I have encountered. Given the small market of ISF buyers it makes no sense to just go off on one over something so trivial.  

• Like 1

Very strange chap. If I was selling my car and the person who was coming to view it was on the forum asking about it would give me the confidence that the buyer was serious and not just a tyre kicker. 

Given it is only natural for someone do find out as much information as possible about a potential purchase I find this guy's attitude a bit strange. Especially given the fact he was saying on a previous email he had been messed about by 2 people previously and was a bit wary. 

Anyway like I said previously his attitude has lost him a potential sale. 

From my couple of years on the forum I can definitely agree it is one of the friendliest. 

• Like 1

I see nothing wrong getting advice on the forum on you purchase, that is purpose why forum exists...

What surprises me that there were not a single bad comment about his car.. almost all were like - good car for that money, suprised that is still not sold.

And I mean I understand some dodgy sellers frustration when they adverts are being put to scrutiny and people starting to raise all kinds of problems with the cars. Sometimes that is as well applicable to be loved but modified cars, because all modifications are very subjective and sometimes owner can get insulted, because he put his hard into the car and modification, but for other people they are funny and dumb..

But this is not case, neither car is modified, nor seller seems to be dodgy... so complete mystery why he got upset .. strange guy.. 

just reading this now, what year was the car and cost? 

i agree that the guy must be hiding something,  its pretty normal for people to discuss cars for sale.  Looks like a shady individual.

59 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Happy for the owner (or whoever spotted this thread) to corrects us. It seems a great bargain but the owners attitude throws it in to question. 

He's maybe publicity shy?

Lets hope he sells the car and the new owner can shed some light on the subject :thumbup:

But in the meantime carry on speculating.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links