Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

As above due a change in blades, at the moment cars got bosch on. Michelin do them now so i am seeing and the usual eBay rubbish.

Im not a lover of the floppy wipers never had a good set yet. Any thoughts what are you using, dont know how long they have been on the car.

They were on when i purchased it, cira 15 months ago.

Yes most screens are pitted, which does not help the blades. The densos are hybrid blades, im really not a fan on them myself.

Bosch are not what they used to be, just wondered what people are using and revue good or bad. Does not help where i work, bus wash blows rubbish

every where screens take a right battering. It is coated with a rainex like product, Which does help a little bit.

I use Denso form Euro Car Parts all day long and have been for past three years.

They are perfect and are flat blade but Hybrid. What this means is that like the OEM the wiper arm has two points where it is flexible so you get a clean streak every time and no noise. Today ECP have 31% off - http://www.eurocarparts.com/wiper-blade

Will be around £17 for the pair.

Bosch are not great!

14 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

Had a look on euro parts, on offer at £26.00 the pair so no cheaper than ebay.

Its £26 minus 31% so under £18 so cheaper than eBay. I never buy them full price as ECP always have discount.

apply this code in the checkout: SAVEME

that will give you 31% off so cheaper than eBay.

+1 for denso ...... Also got mine from Ecp.

Huge improvement on the blades that came with the car when I bought it (non oem).

Get a good clean sweep and as Sunday proved where I was .... Can cope with anything.

I think the replacement pieces from Lexus run to around £30 a pair.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Should mention that Denso are NOT the OEM blades. 

Trico Shield are the OEM blades and very hard to get hold of in the UK. 

TBH ive had no issues with Bosch aerowiper and Wiperblades.co.uk own brand.

3 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Should mention that Denso are NOT the OEM blades. 

Trico Shield are the OEM blades and very hard to get hold of in the UK. 

TBH ive had no issues with Bosch aerowiper and Wiperblades.co.uk own brand.

Sorry to correct you on this but the mk2 IS came with denso blades. The Mk3 comes with Trico. I know this as mentioned before, I got my car brand new and it has always been fitted with Denso. Even if you inspect the original blades you buy from Lexus the part number matches what ECP supply.

4 minutes ago, Arqum said:

Sorry to correct you on this but the mk2 IS came with denso blades. The Mk3 comes with Trico. I know this as mentioned before, I got my car brand new and it has always been fitted with Denso. Even if you inspect the original blades you buy from Lexus the part number matches what ECP supply.

Interesting...... 

TBF they both look the same but I was under the impression Trico supplied them as they've been supplying the RX since 2009 and therefore they would have had 2 different suppliers for wipers? I wonder if they're just rebranded because they look EXACTLY the same

When had my is220d used denso euro car parts can't remember how much I paid think it was 20 pair,  had no problems thought quite good . rang lexus Woodford quote me 75 for pair that was complete not refills,was shocked why so expensive. Always use bosh on my taxi, quite good too as don't speak clean well too

15 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

Just bought the denso wipers, did yours come with 2 fittings? If so which did you use, one already installed or spare one.

Just use the one already fitted - Spare one can be thrown away :)

Yes well pleased easy fit a couple of minutes.Done a couple of swipes and am well impressed. Just shows how worn the old ones were. With winter approaching

am glad i changed them. I like to keep my vehicle in tip top condition, no matter how small the part to be fitted. The bosch wipers were rubbish in comparison.

Ok i agree older but i have never been a lover of bosch wipers. 

Thanks for the heads up on the Denso blades ;went out yesterday and purchased a set from ecp  ,(it hasn't stopped raining since so a good test ) .They seem an exact replacement for the originals ,quickly fitted using original clips .Very efficient and very quiet

Dave

Where was this discussion before I bought Bosch... Though I haven't fitted them and I will comeback with my verdict soon. Exactly, opposite Denso originals > Bosch Aerotwins.. 

P.S. my expectation Bosch will be much better, because that is what happens when you replace anything old with anything new and only with the time one tell. 

I bought the Denso OEMs from ECP. The Bosch I had before were rubbish from the start compared to these. I kept the old OEMs and the newly purchased Denso are exactly the same. They clear all the rain/moisture first time and are quiet as a mouse. Took all of 1 minute to replace, and a bargain at £17.xx for the pair.

Another user of the Denso OEMs from ECP.  Both on my (now gone 07 IS250) and my current 09 IS250.  Both sets have been brilliant: quiet, effective and not expensive.  I can't really ask for anything more than that!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links