Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Drove an LC500 today.

Soperman

Had a spin in a LC500 (Sport+V8) today. For any of you that might be interested, the points that struck me personally were....

- Super smooth and quick transmission, much more so than 8 speed SDS in the RCF.

- Engine nice and vocal under load, slightly higher pitch than RCF.

- Extremely good ride quality  (especially considering run-flat Michelin Pilot SS)

- Dynamic rear steering very apparent with quick inputs at even low/middling speeds. Takes a little getting use to, and it's not exactly a natural sensation, but the way the back follows the front round is makes the car feel as though it has a much shorter wheelbase. Quite fun really.

- Like GSF & FCF siblings, the punchy high end power contrasts with the slightly languid mid range.

- Brake pedal might have a slightly odd feeling squishy-yet-sharp-non-linear set up, but would need to play with it more really before saying anything further really.

- The boot is not exactly commodious. LC500h is smaller still, for obvious reasons.

- Zilch rear legroom. RCF palatial in comparison.

- Nice sharp infotainment graphics, but the screen is bit shallow.

- Cool door handles, liked them.

- Black interior a bit drab. But then the tan is a bit too much the other way. And why is the fabulous blue/orange in the Launch Edition only!?!

Overall, a really attractive, beautifully civilised and polished GT (not sports) car. Lovely.

• Like 4

sounds good, i agree about the interior, but i prefer the Tan, i have my test drive on Monday.

did you get out on the roads or just round a private area?

how did you find getting in and out of the LC compared to the RC?

1 hour ago, wendle said:

thats interesting i may have to look into that if i decide to go ahead, a £5k saving is not to be sniffed at.

Every little helps, even on a £80k car! Ill check carwow out in a bit as well. 

On 07/06/2017 at 11:16 AM, rayaans said:

£5.5k discounts on broadspeed

Launch Edition works out at £77k

I have contacted Broadspeed, unfortunately they can't offer any discount on the LC due to the limited amount of car comping into the UK.

Just now, wendle said:

I have contacted Broadspeed, unfortunately they can't offer any discount on the LC due to the limited amount of car comping into the UK.

Why do they put it on their website then?! 

A red LC500h and Silver LC500 Sport are available for viewing/driving in Lexus Glasgow today. They were in the Edinburgh dealership yesterday and apparently they sold a few.

19059800_1423778624344039_4569290678139808185_n.thumb.jpg.65efc695cbd533b0d854ef578c0f6566.jpg

18920560_1423778631010705_4661726916410289367_n.thumb.jpg.129d612105bdc6a98389325f9141d266.jpg

18920493_1423778627677372_6110954896923372447_n.thumb.jpg.c808e1f09974fc11a00765d02dae12f2.jpg

18952625_1422513314470570_5069558638463422838_n.jpg.ea8fcacd57da9de8973e354d55fe2714.jpg

18922102_1422513317803903_4180282671018057575_n.thumb.jpg.12a40a913903aae5c2cf31178dc25938.jpg18952520_1422513327803902_243009106335695968_n.thumb.jpg.f2f18907110f8dc5aeba66681dde6bfb.jpg

18952915_1422513324470569_1245028571022413955_n.jpg

• Like 2

I have no idea Rayaans that's what he told me, he did say that if I was ready to put in a order now that he new someone at Lexus who may be able to get me a bit of but not the £5.5k that it states on there web page.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

49 minutes ago, wendle said:

I have no idea Rayaans that's what he told me, he did say that if I was ready to put in a order now that he new someone at Lexus who may be able to get me a bit of but not the £5.5k that it states on there web page.

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

Depends what the "bit" is I guess. 

Looks good in silver as well ! Still prefer the Red with red interior I saw in Japan though . Be good to see one come driving down the road will turn a few heads .

9 hours ago, Martin F said:

Congratulations!

How did the drive feel in comparison to your RC-F? I'm guessing because you ordered, favourably. 

Hi Martin

I love my RC, but the ride is a bit firm for me, i knew this when i brought it although my test drive was on a track which of course is pretty smooth with no pot holes or speed bumps.

I have got use to it a bit, and although at 56 Iam not completely over the hill i would have liked it to have had variable suspension like my GS450h f sport, although i believer the 2017 RC-F model has.

The LC, even in its firmest setting, sports plus it not as firm as the RC, and in comfort mode the LC is a joy to drive.

my main concern was the LC is 20mm lower than the RC and again at my age ( and size 6'1' and overweight. lol ) was the ability to get in and out of the LC with some sort of dignity, also i intend to keep this car 5/6 years, so unfortunately only getting older but due to the LC not having a sun roof, the seats being a lot less bolstered and the hight from the floor to the scuff plate sill is a lot lower i actually found it easer to get in and out than the RC ( which admittedly does have a sunroof ).

so all in all the LC is a perfect car for me, its softer and more comfortable than the RC, but if i do want to have a bit of fun, then just as exhilarating to drive, and in real life does look extremely nice.

• Like 1

That's the same car that I drove last week, although my test was on the road.

I was told that the red isn't available until next year and so I have ordered a white hybrid which is due in October.

You have done really well to get delivery in August. I guess it depends on how many build slots the dealer has.

1 hour ago, Jules640 said:

That's the same car that I drove last week, although my test was on the road.

I was told that the red isn't available until next year and so I have ordered a white hybrid which is due in October.

You have done really well to get delivery in August. I guess it depends on how many build slots the dealer has.

yes i am surprised at that, i know they having problems with the Blue, but i thought all the other coolers were available, perhaps its because you are having the Hybrid, the white does look good, its just keeping it that colour.

The red does look great too.

I've had confirmation of my order today and asked again about the red out of curiosity. They would accept an order but they are still saying not until next year. You might want to check with your dealer just in case.

Did you drive the hybrid as well and if so what did you think of it?

I actually thought it was quicker at low speeds and revs than the V8. I will be coming from a BMW 640d and so I am used to having to having a lot of low end power. The V8 LC is obviously ultimately faster than the hybrid but it needs to be pushed a lot more.  Most of my driving is fairly busy roads and heavy traffic and so the low end torque (and the fuel economy!) of the hybrid made more sense.

I drove a yellow one as well but didn't think that the yellow does much for the car.

I hope I like the white with the red seats as I haven't actually seen one in the flesh. They seem to use either the red or white in the Lexus promotional stuff.

1 hour ago, Jules640 said:

The red does look great too.

I've had confirmation of my order today and asked again about the red out of curiosity. They would accept an order but they are still saying not until next year. You might want to check with your dealer just in case.

Did you drive the hybrid as well and if so what did you think of it?

I actually thought it was quicker at low speeds and revs than the V8. I will be coming from a BMW 640d and so I am used to having to having a lot of low end power. The V8 LC is obviously ultimately faster than the hybrid but it needs to be pushed a lot more.  Most of my driving is fairly busy roads and heavy traffic and so the low end torque (and the fuel economy!) of the hybrid made more sense.

I drove a yellow one as well but didn't think that the yellow does much for the car.

I hope I like the white with the red seats as I haven't actually seen one in the flesh. They seem to use either the red or white in the Lexus promotional stuff.

i have just come back from the dealership, , after dropping off a number plate i have on retention and want on the car, i asked then to check the delivery time, and as far as they are concerned they expect it in August with probably 1st September pick up day,

yes i drove both the Hybrid and V8, i was very impressed with the Hybrid  I would be happy with either, but as they are the same price and i only cover around 2800 miles a year fuel company is not that important to me.

I must admit looking at the yellow in bright sunlight it did look good, as the sun glinted of the bonnet it looked like is was covered in gold leaf, then the sun went in, I think this colour would be good in Miami or flordia or anywhere very sunny, although while i was at the Lexus LC event someone did purchase a yellow one.