Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Post your Pics

Grille and window dechrome done

Never been a fan of chrome on cars so I was glad to get this done, the chrome always stuck out like a sore thumb to me

May need to look into dechromed badges now...

20230514_183114-01.jpeg

20230514_183512-01.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, James605 said:

Never been a fan of chrome on cars so I was glad to get this done, the chrome always stuck out like a sore thumb to me

20230514_183114-01.jpeg

20230514_183512-01.jpeg

Looks brilllaint, totally transforms the car doesn’t it! similar to how I have done mine though Haven’t done badges as wanted to stay OEM+ and feel the black badges make it look a little too modified for my tastes.  What will you use to do it?

you considering lowering?

11 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Looks brilllaint, totally transforms the car doesn’t it! similar to how I have done mine though Haven’t done badges as wanted to stay OEM+ and feel the black badges make it look a little too modified for my tastes.  What will you use to do it?

you considering lowering?

Yeah it makes a big difference. Not sure yet how to go about doing the badges, I haven't thought that far ahead! Maybe I'll order a spare badge from Lexus and experiment if they don't cost too much

I don't know if I'm going to go as far as lowering yet, I think it definitely sits a bit too high but I don't want to ruin the ride, maybe one for the more distant future

14 minutes ago, James605 said:

Yeah it makes a big difference. Not sure yet how to go about doing the badges, I haven't thought that far ahead! Maybe I'll order a spare badge from Lexus and experiment if they don't cost too much

I don't know if I'm going to go as far as lowering yet, I think it definitely sits a bit too high but I don't want to ruin the ride, maybe one for the more distant future

I’ve not noticed any real difference in ride, perhaps a little firmer but still compliant.  Totally transforms he stance and look however, well worth it!!

I de chromed every bit on my car… front badge i tinted and rear one i replaced with domed incase one and tinted and shadow tinted rear RC and F badge

15 hours ago, James605 said:

, also tinted rear clear lights and upgraded rev bulb so they still shine threw bright, fog lights still show up properly as well, also painted the lower bit of trim of front grill (black in my case to match car)….. and replaced my aftermarket carbon bonnet…with another identical carbon fibre aftermarket bonnet which i had painted in OEM spec starlight black to match car… ohh and got rid of diamond cut alloys years ago with errrr black alloys (ive a thing about black 😂)

IMG_3219.jpeg

IMG_3227.jpeg

IMG_3218.jpeg

IMG_3229.jpeg

IMG_0017.jpeg

4 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

I’ve not noticed any real difference in ride, perhaps a little firmer but still compliant.  Totally transforms he stance and look however, well worth it!!

Good to know it doesn't affect the ride too much, are you on springs or full coilovers?

2 hours ago, mr2lad said:

I de chromed every bit on my car… front badge i tinted and rear one i replaced with domed incase one and tinted and shadow tinted rear RC and F badge

, also tinted rear clear lights and upgraded rev bulb so they still shine threw bright, fog lights still show up properly as well, also painted the lower bit of trim of front grill (black in my case to match car)….. and replaced my aftermarket carbon bonnet…with another identical carbon fibre aftermarket bonnet which i had painted in OEM spec starlight black to match car… ohh and got rid of diamond cut alloys years ago with errrr black alloys (ive a thing about black 😂)

IMG_3219.jpeg

IMG_3227.jpeg

IMG_3218.jpeg

IMG_3229.jpeg

IMG_0017.jpeg

Looks great! Did you tint all the badges yourself or buy them somewhere?

14 minutes ago, James605 said:

Good to know it doesn't affect the ride too much, are you on springs or full coilovers?

My car has AVS and wanted to retain it so went with Swift springs.  They’re really good and would wholeheartedly recommend!

16 hours ago, ubersonic said:

Went to Japshow at Santa Pod today, never tried launching a car before is this any good? IS-F with no performance mods and still on winter tyres because I'm lazy xD

image.thumb.jpeg.3e33581627ab1d16ce6216a475a3358c.jpeg

Yeah thats about right fully stock. Fastest way to launch our cars is sport, manual and just hit the throttle, no need to brake and load up the torque converter as its not programmed to make use of it

2 hours ago, James605 said:

Looks great! Did you tint all the badges yourself or buy them somewhere?

All my own work…. Bought couple of spare OEM ones just incase i cocked up 😂 but nah came out alright 

I used lense tint spray on RC and F badge but tint wrapped the front and rear L badges and darker tint wrapped clear lense bits on rear lights 

6 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

My car has AVS and wanted to retain it so went with Swift springs.  They’re really good and would wholeheartedly recommend!

That is why I am afraid of lowering mine. 2015 models do not have AVS and they are already stiff enough. I would not tolerate any more to be honest, especially doing long journeys. 

1 hour ago, DamianLEX said:

That is why I am afraid of lowering mine. 2015 models do not have AVS and they are already stiff enough. I would not tolerate any more to be honest, especially doing long journeys. 

I can’t comment on the ride of a non-AVS car but do feel that the springs on my car didn’t really negatively affect anything.  They seem to get a good write up in the US and there are a couple of other RCFs in the UK running the same setup, perhaps it’s fine.

He she is in the French Alps. Lots of positive attention.

For those interested, I invested in winter/all-season tyres - Vredestein Quadrac Pro - Y rated and exact same size as the P4S i use outside the winter. Wet weather/cold performance much improved particularly for wet motorway/standing water.

I have also just upgraded to the Haywood & Scott exhaust - still getting used to it but overall pleased.

lx mtn.jpg

• Like 1

Very good and looks nice against the snowy landscape.

Have you had the window trims darkened? Or are they that colour as standard on the facelift?

They come chrome on most other models I have seen and I wondered rather than having it wrapped, could I buy some facelift replacements...

• 4 weeks later...

Took the RCF down to a car meet this morning and another almost identical one happened to be there too. First time I've actually seen another one out and about.

The owner said he reads this forum sometimes, so hello 👋

20230611_101753-01.jpeg

On 6/11/2023 at 10:51 PM, James605 said:

Took the RCF down to a car meet this morning and another almost identical one happened to be there too. First time I've actually seen another one out and about.

The owner said he reads this forum sometimes, so hello 👋

20230611_101753-01.jpeg

Was good to meet a fellow F’er! Yours was the first I’ve seen in the wild barring at the dealers… which doesn’t really count… I don’t think?

Having said that, there was an orange track edition down at Hedge End today, which I really want to count as it’s a rare variant of an already rare car!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links