Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Urgent.

Stompe

6 hours ago, Rakip123 said:

Poundy do you have ground clearence issues with the catloc? this was one of the factors in my decision to go aftermarket the cars low enough the door scrapes on pavements & some driveways, i didnt want to have anything installed which would be lower than any other component on the undercarriage.

No clearance problems I think there are several other points of ground contact before the Catloc hits.

• 8 months later...

Woke up this morning, went to car. (CT200) - SHOCK! HORROR!...Damage to bumper as car had rolled backwards into a wall...thought initially it was due to bad brakes...BUT Cat gone, sensors cut!  Really ****ed off. Spent so much time on phone today with insurance company and their approved garages (1 week wait time), so have to hire a car until then and it's not cheap. I will need to pay the excess and car hire (only free when the car goes into the garage of their choice), but before this point, I have to hire one! and of course buying a Cat lock! Had the lowlifes come to my front door last night to tell me they would rip out my Cat or I would need to pay then £300 to avoid this...lol I would have paid them!!! After my excess of £100 and car hire of £250 and Cat lock and fitting from Lexus £250-£275 to prevent it happening again.... and hours and hours spent on the phone....I am down at least £1k GRHHHHH and that is without the stress!!!!  

• Sad 6

13 hours ago, Penny2000 said:

Woke up this morning, went to car. (CT200) - SHOCK! HORROR!...Damage to bumper as car had rolled backwards into a wall...thought initially it was due to bad brakes...BUT Cat gone, sensors cut!  Really ****ed off. Spent so much time on phone today with insurance company and their approved garages (1 week wait time), so have to hire a car until then and it's not cheap. I will need to pay the excess and car hire (only free when the car goes into the garage of their choice), but before this point, I have to hire one! and of course buying a Cat lock! Had the lowlifes come to my front door last night to tell me they would rip out my Cat or I would need to pay then £300 to avoid this...lol I would have paid them!!! After my excess of £100 and car hire of £250 and Cat lock and fitting from Lexus £250-£275 to prevent it happening again.... and hours and hours spent on the phone....I am down at least £1k GRHHHHH and that is without the stress!!!!  

Sorry to hear this has happened to you, I had hoped that the ct would be overlooked as it isn't that well known. One thing I wonder - does your car have a tilt sensor normally if the car is jacked up the alarm should go off

31 minutes ago, Rakip123 said:

Sorry to hear this has happened to you, I had hoped that the ct would be overlooked as it isn't that well known. One thing I wonder - does your car have a tilt sensor normally if the car is jacked up the alarm should go off

Rakesh, according to Postings on this Forum, the CT is well know for scumbags taking its Cat.

10 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Rakesh, according to Postings on this Forum, the CT is well know for scumbags taking its Cat.

Good point John, one wonders what said scumbags will do once the world moves on to electric cars

Does anyone know what they have cut here? I'm assuming the blue wire is the tilt sensor, the alarm still went off but they carried on. Is it part of the wiring loom?

Question is do I go through the insurance or not. Has anyone had increased premiums after claiming?

IMG-20210804-WA0026.thumb.jpg.6352763063be30cbc2523c19fa067e14.jpg

57 minutes ago, -Rich- said:

Does anyone know what they have cut here? I'm assuming the blue wire is the tilt sensor, the alarm still went off but they carried on. Is it part of the wiring loom?

Question is do I go through the insurance or not. Has anyone had increased premiums after claiming?

IMG-20210804-WA0026.thumb.jpg.6352763063be30cbc2523c19fa067e14.jpg

On 7/29/2021 at 8:12 PM, Rakip123 said:

Good point John, one wonders what said scumbags will do once the world moves on to electric cars

I believe home charging points? 

10 hours ago, -Rich- said:

I'm assuming the blue wire is the tilt sensor, the alarm still went off but they carried on. Is it part of the wiring loom?

No, the tilt detection of the alarm actually uses the existing ABS/VSC yaw rate/acceleration sensor which is located inside the cabin.

Normally when cats are being stolen the wiring to the horns are cut to stop the alarm sounding. The horn on the RHS of the vehicle has a blue wire, the one of the left uses a black one. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

No, the tilt detection of the alarm actually uses the existing ABS/VSC yaw rate/acceleration sensor which is located inside the cabin.

Normally when cats are being stolen the wiring to the horns are cut to stop the alarm sounding. The horn on the RHS of the vehicle has a blue wire, the one of the left uses a black one. 

Thanks. I can see the blue wire but wondered what the black one poking out of the grille is? 

The photo was taken by a relative as I'm actually away so won't see the damage until the weekend. Nice welcome home present!

I got a quote from a local garage and they said it'll be over £1k to repair so it's definitely going to be an insurance claim.

I was actually planning on putting the car up for sale next week as it's not really been used. So I have been blocking it in on the driveway as best as I could. I really wish I had got a catloc now but thefts in my area had quietened down so didn't bother.

15 minutes ago, -Rich- said:

Thanks. I can see the blue wire but wondered what the black one poking out of the grille is? 

It does look like a loom rather than just an individual wire or sensor, but the loom shouldn't be thick there as it is and the end of the run just to the left of the L grille badge - unfortunately the photo lacks enough detail to be sure.

Maybe it is part of the loom that runs along the bottom of the bumper (82113) that has been pulled up ?

image.thumb.png.fc62f1875fc78565f7e3e3c7e2971125.png

• Like 1

I had a look earlier and took some photos. What I thought was wiring loom was actually just the sleeving for the blue wire to the siren. The other siren they couldn't reach so didn't cut this.

They have cut the bolts for the CAT to the manifold to remove that end. I found one underneath the car but no sign of the other. 

Where the car is parked it was close to a wall and they would've jacked it up on soil (hence the weeds). Whoever got under the car like that has some balls on them!

20210808_175014_copy_1008x477.thumb.jpg.a306c28382b24db9227731e5529f8ce2.jpg

20210808_180235_copy_1008x477.thumb.jpg.093119c4b0dcf8fe37375d8ef9b6764c.jpg

20210808_180757_copy_1008x477.thumb.jpg.20761a6f5ced867ec1c886531e4e4fcd.jpg

20210808_180829_copy_1008x477.thumb.jpg.f8d59d906438af305dddbe6df107b037.jpg

20210808_181754_copy_477x1008.thumb.jpg.7f22b2e3c8a847f560722df44f59b293.jpg

20210808_180841_copy_477x1008.thumb.jpg.a8a3b6d31314d3865e28109e5c60ea4d.jpg

2 hours ago, MadJam250 said:

Sorry to hear about this. It's sickening and Lexus UK don't care 

I think Martin your comment is a little unfair. Toyota/lexus have committed a huge sum for iniatives to address this scourge such as smar****er marking. And this trade is across various manufacturers not just Toyota. So maybe our invective should be addressed to the vermin that do it and law enforcement not getting a proper grip on the processors. 🤔

• Like 2

So now the nightmare of insurance begins. I reported the claim online, although some of the questions seem to relate to being in an accident, even though I selected fire/theft.

They have appointed one of their approved repairers which seems to be a bodyshop. Although I suspect they could fit a new CAT too. I know they're going to fit a pattern part, should I accept this or ask for a Lexus part or even get Lexus to do the repairs? What has everyone else had fitted when they've been stolen?

When I had some "approved repairer" repair a car after an incident many years ago, they did a terrible job with the cheapest possible parts.

You have to live with it, it's your vehicle, so don't accept a subpar job.

Total scumbags @-Rich- I hope your insurance take care of you ASAP. 

I'm in a pretty remote location and have one near neighbour (and night before last, someone wandering around with a torch for 2hrs early AM have a police incident no) am wondering how tempted thieves are by a nice IS250? I was pretty much on the fence about a GT86 because it could be targeted.

On this point, given most here have keyless entry, I wonder how many of you are vigilant about keeping your keyfobs in a metal box / RF proof container in the night...

• 1 month later...

We got the car back on Friday after nearly a month with the garage. Total bill was £2066! 😠 

The car was being sold anyway and unlikely to be replaced but I've had to declare the claim on my other car. The Lexus is the missus and she is a named driver on mine. The quotes increased on mine by £40+ but the excess went from £0-£100 to £250-£500. I had been planning on renewing with Aviva for £237 and £0 excess. Adding the claim changed it to £275 with a £500 excess!! 😢

• 6 months later...
On 12/20/2019 at 5:50 PM, DrShockr said:

For the eagle eyed, the above photo was taken midway through the install, hence the undone bolt 😉

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hi where did you have this fitted? I'd like to have the same done on mine, am in SW London. Thank you, Nick

1 hour ago, Nick0 said:

that link's long gone, who was the garage please DrShockr?

Hi Nick,

Can't remember the name of the garage but looks like this is the same seller from what I can gather, located in East London E7:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-CT200h-2011-ON-Catalytic-Converter-Anti-Theft-Protection-Shield-Cover-/284139255201?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

9 hours ago, DrShockr said:

Hi Nick,

Can't remember the name of the garage but looks like this is the same seller from what I can gather, located in East London E7:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-CT200h-2011-ON-Catalytic-Converter-Anti-Theft-Protection-Shield-Cover-/284139255201?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

thank you kindly :0)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links