Recommended Posts

Whilst on this forum a while back, I came across  a post recommending Lexus specialist on the outskirts of Sheffield.

 I gave him a call had a minor service and new rear discs & pads, can’t recommend him highly enough. He really knows these cars inside out

even changed my pollen filter, something that certainly hadn’t been done for a good few years.  Think  if I remember right he has 15 years plus main Lexus dealer experience. The garage is Lex tek autos , nice to find someone who knows what he’s doing and you can trust.

Maybe this post will help a fellow owner, and thanks to whoever originally recommended him .

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Billsykes said:

Whilst on this forum a while back, I came across  a post recommending Lexus specialist on the outskirts of Sheffield.

 I gave him a call had a minor service and new rear discs & pads, can’t recommend him highly enough. He really knows these cars inside out

even changed my pollen filter, something that certainly hadn’t been done for a good few years.  Think  if I remember right he has 15 years plus main Lexus dealer experience. The garage is Lex tek autos , nice to find someone who knows what he’s doing and you can trust.

Maybe this post will help a fellow owner, and thanks to whoever originally recommended him .

You are right Mark. A good Indie is worth his weight in Gold, but they are few and far between.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Mark, I'm glad to hear that Dave at Lex-TekAutos 'did you proud', he's helped me and others around here.

Which is a timely reminder for me, as I've some work lined up for him...

Cheers, Lee

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dave's a star. It's a little known fact that he'll take part payment in Greggs sausage rolls too.

He also doesn't mind pointing you in the right direction if you fancy tackling something yourself. His Lexus knowledge is encyclopedic. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't it be useful if there was a pretty comprehensive list of recommended Lexus independents in the UK?  This can prove particularly helpful if you are a long way from home and have a problem.

In the circumstances, I have started to make a record of any such recommendations as you never know when/where you might have a problem apart from normal service requirements.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Barry14UK said:

Wouldn't it be useful if there was a pretty comprehensive list of recommended Lexus independents in the UK?  This can prove particularly helpful if you are a long way from home and have a problem.

In the circumstances, I have started to make a record of any such recommendations as you never know when/where you might have a problem apart from normal service requirements.

Barry,you are right and the suggestion has been made several times during the last 7 years of my membership.

Such a list could become a "sticky" at the start of the Forum section and be added to by Members following their use of an Indie (suitably endorsed of course).

Lee, Richie, Herbie, Malc, Roger, Phil and I  have all referred to "their Indie", so if we collect a list we can ask the Mods if they will implement it?

Thought invited.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grove Garage in Brighton. Guy there runs a GS450h himself and is about to use his own car as a guinea pig to repair the hybrid Battery.

Booked mine in for exhaust work, as he does stainless as well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Japex for Herts...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on how risk averse the LOC is. Our endorsements could be interpreted as an endorsement by LOC.

And though I do occasionally mention Dave I don't recommend or encourage on here anymore. Not because I doubt his work or character but because I don't know the person I could be sending his way. Shall we say people can be strange?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

Depends on how risk averse the LOC is. Our endorsements could be interpreted as an endorsement by LOC.

And though I do occasionally mention Dave I don't recommend or encourage on here anymore. Not because I doubt his work or character but because I don't know the person I could be sending his way. Shall we say people can be strange?

Your point is well made RIchie.

As I understand it we would compile list of Organisations (Garages, People etc)  used by Members and found to have been knowledgeable and proficient (Indies) in the servicing/ repair of Lexus vehicles.

The list need not be endorsed by Mods or ascribed to Lexus, but merely be kept by us members as a record of the member concerned having been satisfied with the quality and price of work performed.

It could be kept and updated by one of us and made available to any Member upon request.

Food for thought?

Let`s see what others think.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a three minute chat over the phone I was sold. Hopefully have found a go to Indy. The mere fact he drives my exact car as his personal weapon of choice was a clincher!

Will report back after the visit at the end of the month.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

In a three minute chat over the phone I was sold. Hopefully have found a go to Indy. The mere fact he drives my exact car as his personal weapon of choice was a clincher!

Will report back after the visit at the end of the month.

Looking forward to reading it Steve.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish there was one near Liverpool, I’d definitely consider it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, hprice1099 said:

I wish there was one near Liverpool, I’d definitely consider it.

There is one at Heswall on the Wirral Howard.

His name is Glyn Jones. Tel;342.9944

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Depends on how risk averse the LOC is. Our endorsements could be interpreted as an endorsement by LOC.

And though I do occasionally mention Dave I don't recommend or encourage on here anymore. Not because I doubt his work or character but because I don't know the person I could be sending his way. Shall we say people can be strange?

Hi Richard,I understand your sentiment, but I think, you are not sending anybody his way, all you are doing is giving a       recommendation ....period.
Clearly you are in no way responsible, but I would imagine whoever you have found to be good would be delighted if you told others. Cheers, Roger

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

There is one at Heswall on the Wirral Howard.

His name is Glyn Jones. Tel;342.9944

Thanks 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Depends on how risk averse the LOC is. Our endorsements could be interpreted as an endorsement by LOC.

And though I do occasionally mention Dave I don't recommend or encourage on here anymore. Not because I doubt his work or character but because I don't know the person I could be sending his way. Shall we say people can be strange?

So long as its clear its from the users not LOC itself, they would have no liability.

And to be honest, if someone is running a business, well you put up with whoever comes through the door really. No more likely
to get 'those people' here than coming in from finding him on Google. 

And good indies are a national treasure, I always try to find a good one but it can be hard, the more people we can encourage to
use them, the more we get. The problem is the bad indys....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, if anyone knows a good lexus indy closer to Guildford than Japex in watford, let me know 😉

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try Toyotatech.co.uk... email is info@toyotatech.co.uk.  Brilliant and a lot cheaper than main dealers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just spoken to Paul re giving his details. He has no problem his details going into any Indy listing for members. He is based in Guildford and offers a brilliant service.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this list comes off, would be looking for someone in the Portsmouth/Hampshire/West Sussex area👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bongo said:

If this list comes off, would be looking for someone in the Portsmouth/Hampshire/West Sussex area👍

So give me some suggestions please Paul, when you are ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

So give me some suggestions please Paul, when you are ready.

Was that directed at me? If so, I don't know of any 😁 was hoping someone would know of a garage in or not too far from where I live, I think the nearest mentioned garage to me is in Guildford 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bongo said:

Was that directed at me? If so, I don't know of any 😁 was hoping someone would know of a garage in or not too far from where I live, I think the nearest mentioned garage to me is in Guildford 

Yes directed straight to you my friend. As we say in the cold North--a friendly punch on the Proboscis !

Do you mean Toyotatech.co.uk in Guildford ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Yes directed straight to you my friend. As we say in the cold North--a friendly punch on the Proboscis !

Do you mean Toyotatech.co.uk in Guildford ?

Lol, thought as much 😁, regarding Toyatech, yes, I only know this because it has been mentioned on here, thought there might be someone a bit closer to me, not sure if you have a few to choose from around your neck of the woods, but down this way, they seem to be few and far between. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.