Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Replacing Bulbs

Hi everyone, I have been thinking about replacing my stock front bulbs for brighter ones, but I don't want them to look like obviously fake Xenon's that you see on boy racers Nova's, Astra's, etc. These just look stupid and would make the IS200 look tacky. I have read some other posts about superwhites and Plasma this and that, but what do you guys use and can you recommed some that look good?

Originally posted by GRiM

I'm tempted to say R.T.F.M.!! :lol:

See page 293 - 294 of your Lexus handbook

You need 2 x 9006 HB4 51w bulbs

http://www.piaa.com/9000seriesbulbs.html

And if you ever upgrade your full beams

You'll need 2 x 9005 HB3 60w bulbs

Sorry gordon have to correct you mate..the bulbs the iS take are HB3 & HB4! Very confusing I know!!!

djanderso, a quick way of finding which bulbs you want to change is to open the bonnet & look directly on top of the headlight cluster...you will see HB3 & HB4 printed on top!

P.S. I used to have an Aztec fire IS200 & it didnt look anything like yours! Yours looks more like red. But that was something i did like about the colour which was that in different lighting it always looked a different shade!

Originally posted by vic

Sorry gordon have to correct you mate..the bulbs the iS take are HB3 & HB4! Very confusing I know!!!

Vic, they are the same, HB4 = 9006, HB3 = 9005.

Just don't order 'H4' as I did. They don't fit, as I found out when I went to put them in!

Originally posted by vic

P.S. I used to have an Aztec fire IS200 & it didnt look anything like yours! Yours looks more like red. But that was something i did like about the colour which was that in different lighting it always looked a different shade!

The very first time I saw an IS200 in "the flesh" it was an Aztec Fire one and I knew then I wanted one that colour! It looks red when it needs cleaned:bounce:

Originally posted by vic

I'm tempted to say R.T.F.M.!! :lol:

See page 293 - 294 of your Lexus handbook

http://www.piaa.com/9000seriesbulbs.html

djanderso, a quick way of finding which bulbs you want to change is to open the bonnet & look directly on top of the headlight cluster...you will see HB3 & HB4 printed on top!

Cheers, I'll take a look next time I'm filling her up with water!

Originally posted by John Lee

a question -

r those PIAA bulbs visible enough for other road users in a heavy downpour during daytime ?

my concern is that the 'white' light from the bulb may 'flush-in' with daylight....

I was told that super whites were better all rounders & xtreme whites were brighter in normal darkness, ive found mine great & rodders the same so as they say...'the choice is yours' : )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links