Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying a used GSF available now

2 hours ago, MNMJ said:

I think RCF prices are now following the ISF trajectory. For interest I check the trade in price for mine at the end of each month on Autotrader. In the last 12 months it  has apparently appreciated by £800. Whilst it may not be an accurate price, at least any error should be consistent. I suspect GSFs are doing similar at about the 3 yr point 

Yeh it could be but one thing is  for sure you don’t get any discount for a GSF from the asking price it is firmed mostly they might manoeuvre mostly £500 max but they don’t bother but with RCFs always room for discounts for instance early this year there was a 2018 RCF with Lexus Poole in Solar Flare and they offered me up to £2500 discount as the lockdown eased and I went for it too but had to withdrew from the deal as orange colour was too much for me.

And whenever I enquired a GSF I am being told they have lots of people asking for it at first I thought it’s a marketing scheme to grab someone to buy but notice in a day or so that it’s gone.

1 hour ago, Hatat said:

Yeh it could be but one thing is  for sure you don’t get any discount for a GSF from the asking price it is firmed mostly they might manoeuvre mostly £500 max but they don’t bother but with RCFs always room for discounts for instance early this year there was a 2018 RCF with Lexus Poole in Solar Flare and they offered me up to £2500 discount as the lockdown eased and I went for it too but had to withdrew from the deal as orange colour was too much for me.

And whenever I enquired a GSF I am being told they have lots of people asking for it at first I thought it’s a marketing scheme to grab someone to buy but notice in a day or so that it’s gone.

I looked at the Poole one a few times but the better half wouldn't entertain the colour. In the end I couldn't either :wink3:. Did you enquire about the Orange one at Fordingbridge, Hants ? I popped over as live nearby and the guy said an RC300h owner had enquired looking to 'step up' into an RCF.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, doog442 said:

I looked at the Poole one a few times but the better half wouldn't entertain the colour. In the end I couldn't either :wink3:. Did you enquire about the Orange one at Fordingbridge, Hants ? I popped over as live nearby and the guy said an RC300h owner had enquired looking to 'step up' into an RCF.  

Yeh that was me 😃 

• Haha 1

The solar orange is a striking colour,but I dare say rather too striking if you are older,the dividing line being age 30-40?

I’m far,far past those figures 🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, XK140 said:

The solar orange is a striking colour,but I dare say rather too striking if you are older,the dividing line being age 30-40?

I’m far,far past those figures 🙂

I am 28 was tempted to go 2 times for the colour but held back it's a lovely colour no doubt but as you said a bit too striking

On 10/1/2020 at 11:06 AM, Hatat said:

Honestly, I am stuck between this or an RCF I have an RC300h but want a v8 now, I love the style of an RCF though.

The GSF will be available this Friday or early next week let's see if I like it I may go for it else will wait for an RCF.

Has the dealership had the car come in? Have you checked it out?

1 hour ago, Fair and square said:

Has the dealership had the car come in? Have you checked it out?

It Sold yesterday. 

It arrived at the dealership and someone went down and got it yesterday. 

The car was almost immaculate with a couple of marks near the front grill.

I was in contact with Stuart at the dealership tad disappointing with his slow responses as on the Friday had asked him if they would be willing to send me all the paperwork to E sign. As getting down with work is quite difficult for me. 

But oh well someone's got a beauty of a car. 

Better luck next time for me 😅and hopefully the sales executive im speaking to can be more proactive in responsiveness. 

More annoyingly I had actually contacted them telling them I'm good to purchase on the 30th as the approved used finance offer was impeccable. But by the time the dealer shew any interest it had increased to 8.9% and the GFV they had been giving was a huge low ball offer 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arnett said:

It Sold yesterday. 

I was in contact with Stuart at the dealership tad disappointing with his slow responses as on the Friday had asked him if they would be willing to send me all the paperwork to E sign. As getting down with work is quite difficult for me. 

Better luck next time for me 😅and hopefully the sales executive im speaking to can be more proactive in responsiveness. 

More annoyingly I had actually contacted them telling them I'm good to purchase on the 30th as the approved used finance offer was impeccable. But by the time the dealer shew any interest it had increased to 8.9% and the GFV they had been giving was a huge low ball offer 

I experienced something similar when I was buying our GSF. The sales man wasn’t the most proactive as I guess they had many people after the car (I was told this multiple times by the dealership but just thought it was sales man talk). In the end I put down a deposit with photos and a video. Apparently someone was out on a test drive at the time. 

Good luck with the search. 

41 minutes ago, Arnett said:

What was the original approved used offer? To my understanding it usually hovers around 4.9%.

What was the GFV?

26 minutes ago, Fair and square said:

What was the original approved used offer? To my understanding it usually hovers around 4.9%.

What was the GFV?

It was 3.9% was a sterling offer. 

1 hour ago, F.A. said:

I experienced something similar when I was buying our GSF. The sales man wasn’t the most proactive as I guess they had many people after the car (I was told this multiple times by the dealership but just thought it was sales man talk). In the end I put down a deposit with photos and a video. Apparently someone was out on a test drive at the time. 

Good luck with the search. 

The irony is when the garage phoned me I said I can't call easily due to work, I'm not bothered about coming to see it or a test drive, I'd rather just sort all the paperwork out over the phone and email and then have the car delivererd 😅

He asked circumstances I mentioned the wife's buying for me as an early Christmas present 🤷 couldn't of given any better buying signals for an easy purchase.

Probably because I didn't want them for paint protection 😂

2 hours ago, Arnett said:

It Sold yesterday. 

Is this the same car that the OP was taking about? The white one at Coventry? He said he had but a deposit on it unseen and was waiting till it arrived at the dealership. May be that’s why the sale exec wasn’t more  proactive.

1 hour ago, Rensin55 said:

Is this the same car that the OP was taking about? The white one at Coventry? He said he had but a deposit on it unseen and was waiting till it arrived at the dealership. May be that’s why the sale exec wasn’t more  proactive.

It is indeed, the dealership still called me with the reserve on and because it was allegedly a small reservation would have been happy to remove from. 

They also informed me there was about 8 enquirer's and about 4 active leads. Excluding the reserve. 

Well hope it was the OP that got it then.

Didn’t realise they were so popular. I know that not many were sold new, but figured that would mean not many people would be interested in picking one up second hand. Seems I was lucky to get one I did and also for a ‘bargain’ price. Drove it for the first time today after getting bored waiting for it to stop raining. Was hoping to wash and wax it first before driving it properly.

1 minute ago, hockeyedwards said:

According to 'howmanyleft' only 58 on the road this year!

I wonder if any have been written off in the last year. My insurance has gone up by £140 for no apparent reason. My wife’s  RX450h went up by £3! 

Just now, F.A. said:

I wonder if any have been written off in the last year. My insurance has gone up by £140 for no apparent reason. My wife’s  RX450h went up by £3! 

Possibly! Covid made me SORN mine for several months (tax and MOT coincided with end of March), so it made sense at the time. Haven't seen any parts up on eBay or salvage repairs on known auction sites.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Arnett said:

It is indeed, the dealership still called me with the reserve on and because it was allegedly a small reservation would have been happy to remove from. 

They also informed me there was about 8 enquirer's and about 4 active leads. Excluding the reserve. 

Wow that’s harsh. I would have been annoyed if a dealer sold a car to another person after I had placed a deposit on it. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, F.A. said:

Wow that’s harsh. I would have been annoyed if a dealer sold a car to another person after I had placed a deposit on it. 

It's only £99 to set a reserve on the Lexus website via PayPal. I assume that's why 🤷

It was the red interior that appealed to me the most. 

Ideally I want blue with red 2017 or newer. 😍

I love the orange but that combo doesn't exist and interior colour is more important to me than exterior 🤐

But I do hope it's a forum member or the OP that has purchased it. I'll just casually just check daily again 😂

1 hour ago, hockeyedwards said:

Possibly! Covid made me SORN mine for several months (tax and MOT coincided with end of March), so it made sense at the time. Haven't seen any parts up on eBay or salvage repairs on known auction sites.

Salvage Blue with red leather on Facebook at the end of September.

B6B3AF22-E466-4430-90B3-43AF4EBA5FEF.png

10 minutes ago, Killysprint said:

I guess that makes sense. 1 in circa 70 cars written greatly increases the risk to insurance companies.  It will be interesting to see if other owners notice an insurance hike at renewal. 

20 minutes ago, Killysprint said:

Thats... Wow... God... I feel like I could cry... 😅 Blue with red.... 

19 hours ago, Killysprint said:

I think that these guys live on another planet, the prices on their eBay site are more expensive than that of other sellers retailing brand new on eBay. Lexus Parts Direct are also cheaper on a few items.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_ssn=scb-vehicledismantlers&_armrs=1&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=16&fbclid=IwAR0svGX1U21g1O65QFsFtZ5dpGMezVPdcBBL4GIteZVL2bOV4ot_VkcQPsY&_nkw=lexus+gs&rt=nc

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fair and square said:

I think that these guys live on another planet, the prices on their ebay site are more expensive than that of other sellers retailing brand new on ebay. Lexus Parts Direct are also cheaper on a few items.

Agreed, they won't be selling many of those items.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links