Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

No New Is200 Ever Never Ever!

refLEX

Hi I work for TOYOTA and have just got back from Japan. Trust me and take this for fact. There isnt currently UNDER DESIGN and aint ever gonna be a replacement for the IS200. When they finish with it as it is now its FINISHED!

:o

intresting............

so the new one they have been European road evaluating in secret in Belgium doesnt exist.............

And my sources at TTE confirming engine/transmission line ups ????????????

so the new one they have been European road evaluating in secret in Belgium doesnt exist.............

Any new IS200 would have been tested domesticaly first- this hasnt and never will be the case. The IS200 wil RIP - FACT

Any new IS200 would have been tested domesticaly first- this hasnt and never will be the case. The IS200 wil RIP - FACT

there will be no IS200,

this is because they are droping the 1g-fe, the smallest engine in the new cars will be the 2.5 v6

this has already been tested in a platform in Europe , hooked to a 5 speed gearbox and 4 wheel drive.

the european evaluation tests have been undertaken over this last year with the same platform in Belgium.

This is all fact!!

the car is classed for release in 2005, but will be more than likely in showrooms by 2006..this is also fact!!

There will be a replacement for the Is200.The new GS as shown at Detroit and Geneva is the first Lexus designed by the new seperate Lexus design section.

Lexus does'nt exist in Japan and these new cars will be the first Lexuses (Lexi?)

to be sold as such in Japan.They are also designed in the US as far as i know as the US is by far Lexus biggest market.Rumour has it the new IS looks like the current BMW 3 series and will include a DIESEL :ohmy: for the first time.In Japan Lexus is seen as an American badge and Toyota hopes that when they go on sale in Japan,the Japanese love of all things american will prove to be a good thing.

thats not quite true goldeneye.........

the Japanese know that Lexus is the Luxury arm of Toyota.

Toyotra realkised that the Japanese domestic market wanted the lexus brand, and have now obliged them, as many Japanese owners were rebadging there toyota's as Lexus

The US is the largest market, followed by the UK.as with any cars, there designed in many different countries

the diesel engines will be provided by BMW.

as Toyota provide the diesel engine for the Mini

now that gets confusing :blink:

the japanese rebadge there toyotas as `lexus`

and the americans rebadge there lexus as `toyota`

there seems to be a simple solution, ............. :whistling:

wouldnt mind seeing a deisel IS as long as they do a top sporty IS model (430 :whistling: )

ford, vauxhall, b*w all seem to be able to

No more IS200's will be great. Hopefully the MKI IS will be as if not more legendary then the MKi 3 Series???

I'm very happy that they didnt go down smaller engine route e.g IS160 or IS180 :sick: T

he IS250 sounds great, making it more exclusive to drive a lex, there are loads of cars out there with 2 litres :angry:

Diesel :sick: I would have been the first in line to buy one. I was looking at getting an A4 1.9 TDI then a mark 2 IS in 2005/6, but i just couldnt wait :D

Since owing the car, I cant say it seem right to have a lex with a diesel. Ppl dont buy lexi for ecomony do they? :unsure: And diesels will attract the bald businessmen pushing and doing up their 530ds to look like M5s :angry:

And the high performance lexi, i'm all for that B) Just a matter of if i can afford one :lol:

:offtopic: Saw a posh couple taking about a Brabus CL/SL V12 for a test drive.

I dont know whether thats true about BMW engines in Toyotas.

Does Toyota need to buy engines from anyone else.Its like Mercedes having BMW engines it just wouldnt happen??Have you been reading AUTOEXPRESS or the SUN??

The reason BMW bought the Diesel from Toyota was because they didnt have a diesel of their own to fit and PSA didnt have the extra capacity spare.When the new Mini is launched 2007 it will have PSA petrol and Diesel engines. :lookaround::unsure:

The reason that Lexus has retained its quality and individuality, is cause it hasn't and won't ever enter the fleet market, cause they are too dear to run. BMW/Mercedes made this mistake and their 'marque' as an individuals car went with it. A diesel Lexus? No, no, no..........

A friend of mine tried to lease a Lexus IS200 with the bank, and it was excruciatingly expensive, compared to the BMW

Thats why the Lexus marque stands for quality.....

Soap box now discarded.

this may now never happen, however it was discussed , IF IT HAPPENS IT REALLY ISNT A PROBLEM. i also recall BMW was apprached to supply a diesel for the RX, but that never happened

the diesel thats in the current 3 series BM is a very good unit, why should Toyota develop there own if the market provides one, in return Toyota supply the succesfull mini with its engines,

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links