Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RCF 6-year service - spark plugs

• 4 weeks later...

Had my 6yr 60k service done yesterday spark plugs etc at lexus Croydon although I’m now on 72723 miles, I’m covering a average of 2k per month at moment , and didn’t have the time to get it done around the 60k, 

all adds up to smiles per mile and I’m positively grinning 😂 

Extremely happy with the service i got from the minute i contacted them in regards to dropping it off and the whole experience of having it done

was offered a loan car of a 70reg RX450hL but didnt need it, so declined it, 

check over vehicle and only got a advisory on brake discs, which i was going to change 3days prior but front fitting kit hadn’t arrived in time

i have all parts now sat in my garage ie discs front and rear plus pads and handbrake shoes plus complete fitting kits for fronts and rear and wear sensors... just need to dry weather

but no rush as pads on at moment are at 6mm front and 10mm rear and only reason for disc advisory’s was slight lip and corrosion on discs,

pfa 

00267787-F86B-4F83-A8A6-D1379E8E1D83.jpeg

618F360F-9AC1-48AF-9419-55C190151406.jpeg

4F3698DB-E36F-4026-835F-3A7AE23E98D8.jpeg

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Did they apply the club discount?

Possibly.....but i Didnt personally ask for club discount... but did receive a very nice discount, better than expected.... my reputation proceeds me lol

also brought my own oil filter and didnt need engine air filter as i have a aftermarket cleanable one fitted

oh and bought another car of them as well so yeah got a good discount 😂 

• Like 1

Just had my 60K service done yesterday. I enquired about a service price without replacing the spark plugs but I got talked out of it and was offered a discount instead. Looking at the invoice the cost for spark plugs is £120 so labour cost must be quite expensive..

I was advised to get the Air con serviced(age of the car apparently) even though it's ice cold but I declined.

My sparks where £20 each (£160)

11 hours ago, Bluethunder said:

Just had my 60K service done yesterday. I enquired about a service price without replacing the spark plugs but I got talked out of it and was offered a discount instead. Looking at the invoice the cost for spark plugs is £120 so labour cost must be quite expensive..

I was advised to get the Air con serviced(age of the car apparently) even though it's ice cold but I declined.

On 3/11/2021 at 3:44 AM, mr2lad said:

Had my 6yr 60k service done yesterday spark plugs etc at lexus Croydon although I’m now on 72723 miles, I’m covering a average of 2k per month at moment , and didn’t have the time to get it done around the 60k, 

all adds up to smiles per mile and I’m positively grinning 😂 

Extremely happy with the service i got from the minute i contacted them in regards to dropping it off and the whole experience of having it done

was offered a loan car of a 70reg RX450hL but didnt need it, so declined it, 

check over vehicle and only got a advisory on brake discs, which i was going to change 3days prior but front fitting kit hadn’t arrived in time

i have all parts now sat in my garage ie discs front and rear plus pads and handbrake shoes plus complete fitting kits for fronts and rear and wear sensors... just need to dry weather

but no rush as pads on at moment are at 6mm front and 10mm rear and only reason for disc advisory’s was slight lip and corrosion on discs,

pfa 

00267787-F86B-4F83-A8A6-D1379E8E1D83.jpeg

618F360F-9AC1-48AF-9419-55C190151406.jpeg

4F3698DB-E36F-4026-835F-3A7AE23E98D8.jpeg

god I wanna hear this....

3 hours ago, Arnett said:

god I wanna hear this....

My neighbours don’t 😉 especially when i worked locally and started work at 02:30 every morning 😆 

these days they have 2 weeks respite whilst I’m away up north😂

11 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

So err... when we all coincidentally fuelling up at the same rest spot? 🤣🤣🤣

😏Coincidentally accidentally on purpose ya mean 😂😂🤣

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Lexus Croydon - Pleased to hear of your great experience, @Arnett!  That's where I am buying my RC F from and ultimately, will have it serviced.

My buying experience has been great. - Well done Martin and Sam on their sales team!

Every time I ask a question (by email), one of them comes straight back with an answer and/or a helpful suggestion.

My experience couldn't be more different than with a certain Porsche dealer, where the customer seemed to be an inconvenience, even before the deposit was paid.  Once paid, emailed questions were routinely ignored or answered a few days later.  It also took a month to get my deposit back.

In spite of poor service from the Porsche dealer, this was not the reason for cancelling my order after 3 months.

Incidentally, I also had great service from the Mazda garage (Phil at "Masters" in Eden Park/Beckenham), when I bought my MX-5 RF.  He was equally attentive and helpful throughout the buying process.

On 4/24/2021 at 11:14 AM, X100 said:

In spite of poor service from the Porsche dealer, this was not the reason for cancelling my order after 3 months.

I too have heard plenty of stories of shocking service from Porsche.

Lexus, Subaru (1998-2010) and Mazda seem to be the standard to aim for 

Looking forward to the spark plug discussion with Jemca Sidcup this Summer....

6yr service due, but mileage only 27/28k by then.

I wonder if the upkeep for my extended warranty will be the limiting factor.

6 hours ago, BillNick said:

I wonder if the upkeep for my extended warranty will be the limiting factor.

No, because the terms of the warranty state you must keep to the service schedule and the service schedule states the plugs are to be changed at 60k miles. 🙂 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links