Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS F owners UK

5 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Looking forward to pics, although anxiety levels already gone up as I have been thinking about getting 4 doors for a while....

Do itttt - join the darkside!  Though your RCF is nice from the pics on the various groups on FB.

• Thanks 1

Is £33500 fair for a private sale with 60k miles...I'm not sure. If so, my blue one has turned out to be a great buy back in Jan 2020...67 plate (Aug 2017) with 19k miles for £35k. It has a couple of issues such as lack of service record (subject of a thread on here back then), but sorted implications of that (Lexus provided extended and relax warranty etc). Love it, so I would recommend one.  If that one checks out, but I still think for a little less money...a huge bonus will be if it has an extended warranty....Relax warranty good but not as comprehensive. 

31 minutes ago, Pielight said:

Is £33500 fair for a private sale with 60k miles...I'm not sure. If so, my blue one has turned out to be a great buy back in Jan 2020...67 plate (Aug 2017) with 19k miles for £35k. It has a couple of issues such as lack of service record (subject of a thread on here back then), but sorted implications of that (Lexus provided extended and relax warranty etc). Love it, so I would recommend one.  If that one checks out, but I still think for a little less money...a huge bonus will be if it has an extended warranty....Relax warranty good but not as comprehensive. 

Considering its 2021 yes I would say so. 

Car prices have jumped recently on the used market. 

8 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Considering its 2021 yes I would say so. 

Car prices have jumped recently on the used market. 

Yes I was expecting huge depreciation! 

But I can't help but think that even considering the used market now, my car was less than 3rd of mileage (19.5k vs 60k) and at under 2.5 years old when I bought it, half the age...and a private sale is normally lower priced. I suppose its all down to supply and demand though and if there's a good service history and lexus warranty then it kinda starts making a bit more sense.

One thing for potential to be aware of is that the 2016 has fixed rather than adaptive suspension...I've only driven my car with adaptive but some say on here that the adaptive makes a big difference. 

2 hours ago, Pielight said:

I always wondered what happened to that car. It was going to be a good buy for someone who was willing to take a punt on the Service History. It’s good that it’s now officially part of the forum.
 Is the paint work OK? I remember the carbon on the front bumper looking very dull/ faded

1 hour ago, Pielight said:

Yes I was expecting huge depreciation! 

But I can't help but think that even considering the used market now, my car was less than 3rd of mileage (19.5k vs 60k) and at under 2.5 years old when I bought it, half the age...and a private sale is normally lower priced. I suppose its all down to supply and demand though and if there's a good service history and lexus warranty then it kinda starts making a bit more sense.

One thing for potential to be aware of is that the 2016 has fixed rather than adaptive suspension...I've only driven my car with adaptive but some say on here that the adaptive makes a big difference. 

Ours has AVS fitted also and I find the ride to be very good. I’ve never been in a GSF without AVS but the majority of the cars on here don’t have it and I’ve never heard owners mention anything bad about the ride. 

36 minutes ago, F.A. said:

I always wondered what happened to that car. It was going to be a good buy for someone who was willing to take a punt on the Service History. It’s good that it’s now officially part of the forum.
 Is the paint work OK? I remember the carbon on the front bumper looking very dull/ faded

Ours has AVS fitted also and I find the ride to be very good. I’ve never been in a GSF without AVS but the majority of the cars on here don’t have it and I’ve never heard owners mention anything bad about the ride. 

Strangely enough I'd has it over 18 months and not noticed the carbon lip on the bumper until I stumbled across the thread. I mustn't be very observant as even then I had to take a photo of the rear spoiler to compare the carbon pattern to confirm it had been wrapped. It was then that I realise that the grill surround is black rather that dark chrome, but I don't mind that at all as that finish on that is good and I actually like the black (the late azure blue IS models are now finished in black and look smart. The wrapoed carbon lip doesn't bother me much either, but I may get it done again  but a much higher quality job. I don't think it's worth splashing out on a new grill as that lower lip is quite susceptible to stone chips and worse still kerbs!!! I've avoided falling foul thus far!

I verified with the BMW independent that they has a service done there and they stamped the book for me. I was still going to book it straight into Lexus Cambridge for a service but after a health check as part of fuel pump recall, they advised me just to wait till a service was due 6 months later (although I did get them to change the dif oil which was due charging). Had no bother getting extended warranty and then relax (it's now had two lexus services).

It runs as sweet as a nut and drives perfectly....I also find the avs to work really well and can't imagine how the suspension could be set up any better to cater for both a softer ride and great handling without any body roll at all. 

General paintwork is good,particularly after ceramic coating.GSF1.thumb.jpg.562fd1d353945fe60cd4ebd57b37732a.jpg IMG-20200712-WA0012.thumb.jpg.4ed7dd511187ddda8cb9a3a5358f2411.jpgIMG-20200712-WA0008.thumb.jpg.d81ab6c624b3584ec1ceddde731c4a80.jpg.

All in all a fantastic buy and the gamble paid off - although I'm glad I never saw the thread first as I would not likely have chanced it!!

• Like 3

Just looked at the AT advert, if that is anyone on here (dont think so), take better pics... my god.

I recognise the car because of the front lip and the plate, I have a sneaky suspicion we've discussed it on the forum before, unsure if it was the dodgy one or not (some searching maybe confirm or deny that)

Price wise, there was the other blue one also previously discussed on here within the past week or two, less miles, looked in better condition and was priced the same if not cheaper. For 60k miles private sale, I would say it is a smidge overpriced.

Will have a looky through old posts and see what comes up. Would advise anyone that is interested to do the same.

38 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

Just looked at the AT advert, if that is anyone on here (dont think so), take better pics... my god.

I recognise the car because of the front lip and the plate, I have a sneaky suspicion we've discussed it on the forum before, unsure if it was the dodgy one or not (some searching maybe confirm or deny that)

Price wise, there was the other blue one also previously discussed on here within the past week or two, less miles, looked in better condition and was priced the same if not cheaper. For 60k miles private sale, I would say it is a smidge overpriced.

Will have a looky through old posts and see what comes up. Would advise anyone that is interested to do the same.

Check out my last two posts Kieran. This is not advertised, I bought it in Jan 2020 and was responding to a question as to how it turned out.

1 hour ago, Pielight said:

Strangely enough I'd has it over 18 months and not noticed the carbon lip on the bumper until I stumbled across the thread. I mustn't be very observant as even then I had to take a photo of the rear spoiler to compare the carbon pattern to confirm it had been wrapped. It was then that I realise that the grill surround is black rather that dark chrome, but I don't mind that at all as that finish on that is good and I actually like the black (the late azure blue IS models are now finished in black and look smart. The wrapoed carbon lip doesn't bother me much either, but I may get it done again  but a much higher quality job. I don't think it's worth splashing out on a new grill as that lower lip is quite susceptible to stone chips and worse still kerbs!!! I've avoided falling foul thus far!

I verified with the BMW independent that they has a service done there and they stamped the book for me. I was still going to book it straight into Lexus Cambridge for a service but after a health check as part of fuel pump recall, they advised me just to wait till a service was due 6 months later (although I did get them to change the dif oil which was due charging). Had no bother getting extended warranty and then relax (it's now had two lexus services).

It runs as sweet as a nut and drives perfectly....I also find the avs to work really well and can't imagine how the suspension could be set up any better to cater for both a softer ride and great handling without any body roll at all. 

General paintwork is good,particularly after ceramic coating.GSF1.thumb.jpg.562fd1d353945fe60cd4ebd57b37732a.jpg IMG-20200712-WA0012.thumb.jpg.4ed7dd511187ddda8cb9a3a5358f2411.jpgIMG-20200712-WA0008.thumb.jpg.d81ab6c624b3584ec1ceddde731c4a80.jpg.

All in all a fantastic buy and the gamble paid off - although I'm glad I never saw the thread first as I would not likely have chanced it!!

What colour interior is yours ?

2 minutes ago, Pielight said:

Check out my last two posts Kieran. This is not advertised, I bought it in Jan 2020 and was responding to a question as to how it turned out.

Funnily enough I have actually now run back through the replies - got a bit caught up trying to find the one on autotrader, that front lip sticks out to me as 'I know this car'

Regarding your car, couldn't be happier for you and that you are a forum member and of course that the car turned out to be fine, we like to keep an eye on these cars 😛

Back to racking my brain about the one on AT... 🤣

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ISF V8 JAY said:

What colour interior is yours ?

Light grey or cream - I can never make my mind up!

Edited by Pielight
Misread question so didn't answer correctly.

9 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

Funnily enough I have actually now run back through the replies - got a bit caught up trying to find the one on autotrader, that front lip sticks out to me as 'I know this car'

Regarding your car, couldn't be happier for you and that you are a forum member and of course that the car turned out to be fine, we like to keep an eye on these cars 😛

Back to racking my brain about the one on AT... 🤣

Thanks for your kind words. I created the confusion by posting the photos in the middle of the discussion about the one on AT. It was in response to F.A. who also remembered the issues with the car and asked if the paint was ok. It was a bit of a gamble but I figured with such low miles it is unlikely that lack of servicing would have had any significant effect....the engine ran very smoothly and quietly. The Lexus dealer actually encouraged me to go and but it so there was no fear of them not supporting it within their service and warranty regime. Fuel pumps were sorted within a couple of weeks of me buying it.

Great cars aren't they. Yours looks really smart in white.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

https://www.monzamotorhouse.co.uk/cars/lexus/gs/f5.0v8/393684/

Wonder if it was this one?

May have rmeoved the side skirts by looks of things.

Pretty sure we discussed this car on here?

Definitely looks like it...the front skirt is still in place and right colour interior and age. Looks like its had a couple of owners since though (5 vs 3).

10 hours ago, Duggie B said:

Side skirts are still there looks like the Monza car has surfaced

Pictures on AT are so pants, couldn't see the side skirts on my phone, bit clearer on the laptop!

Monza had a spree of GS F's for sale and a 'we want your GS F' ad!

6 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

Pictures on AT are so pants, couldn't see the side skirts on my phone, bit clearer on the laptop!

Monza had a spree of GS F's for sale and a 'we want your GS F' ad!

They sure did.  I bought mine from them 😄

Would gladly buy more vehicles from them too - really nice guys, fair prices and the car was in exceptional condition.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, speedfreek said:

They sure did.  I bought mine from them 😄

Would gladly buy more vehicles from them too - really nice guys, fair prices and the car was in exceptional condition.

Didn't realise you had bought from them!

Glad to hear it was a positive experience 😄

1 minute ago, hockeyedwards said:

Didn't realise you had bought from them!

Glad to hear it was a positive experience 😄

Yeah man, they had my one and an USB one that I actually wanted but was reserved.  Managed to use the fact I couldn't get the USB one as leverage to get the black one for an absolute steal.  Car has only just ticked over 22k miles, FSH, low owner count and all that jazz. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links