Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On 4/1/2021 at 7:57 AM, KayCee said:

Couple of years ago i was driving down road  a car was parked on other side of road  a bmw was coming in opposite directiion to me i had no where to go but kept straight line.

His wing mirror hit mine i uttered a few expletives i looked in mirror saw his mirror swinging about on its wire .

Mine was  closed i thought " thats gone i will wager" then it suddeny opened up to its origional position no damage whatsover i thought at the time how cool is that

really?

Double post for my own reference if you find it here first lol. 

Random question re the hybrid Battery mines is a mk4 gs450h 2012 let’s say I went to an official Lexus dealer and paid 2k (or whatever the cost is) and they changed the hybrid Battery

re the newly fitted Battery as we know technology moves on year to year etc would the newly fitted 2021 hybrid Nickel-metal hydride Battery be a reduced weight compared to say the original 2012 hybrid battery? Or any other advantages over the old 2012 Battery?

9 minutes ago, Riccccccardo said:

Double post for my own reference if you find it here first lol. 

Random question re the hybrid battery mines is a mk4 gs450h 2012 let’s say I went to an official Lexus dealer and paid 2k (or whatever the cost is) and they changed the hybrid battery. 

re the newly fitted battery as we know technology moves on year to year etc would the newly fitted 2021 hybrid Nickel-metal hydride battery be a reduced weight compared to say the original 2012 hybrid battery? Or any other advantages over the old 2012 battery?

I doubt it. NiMH technology was well outdated even by 2012. Lexus used it because in traditional Toyota style it was reliable tried and tested tech. But development was going nowhere. 

But Lexus and Toyota have pretty much switched to Lithium batteries now like the rest of the world. 

On 4/14/2021 at 5:27 PM, johnatg said:

I doubt it. NiMH technology was well outdated even by 2012. Lexus used it because in traditional Toyota style it was reliable tried and tested tech. But development was going nowhere. 

But Lexus and Toyota have pretty much switched to Lithium batteries now like the rest of the world. 

Thanks 

On 4/14/2021 at 6:14 AM, Riccccccardo said:

really?

Just had this yesterday, someone hit my mirror when I was parked, came back and it was pointing straight forward.

Hit the 'fold button' and it put it back in the normal position, but folded the passenger one in. Hit the button again and it restored both of them to the correct position.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2021 at 12:33 PM, Steven Lockey said:

Just had this yesterday, someone hit my mirror when I was parked, came back and it was pointing straight forward.

Hit the 'fold button' and it put it back in the normal position, but folded the passenger one in. Hit the button again and it restored both of them to the correct position.

Thank God for that and Toyota engineering. 

• Like 1

My car has some 3rd party I think called CARPLAY system installation from previous owner. I disconnected all the wireless pairings as I got annoyed everytime I switched car on my phones WiFi would connect to it automatically (it connects via Bluetooth and WiFi simultaneously). Now I’ve gone back to trying to use it I re paired the Bluetooth and WiFi all works apple car play and the mirrioring feature works But no sound will come through the cars speakers I sat in my car for a few hours trial and error trying every setting alternative on the CarPlay settings and my Iphone settings but nothing seems to work very frustrating. I’ve contacted the people that installed it but they was not much help and they 400 miles away now. 

Just now, Riccccccardo said:

My car has some 3rd party I think called CARPLAY system installation from previous owner. I disconnected all the wireless pairings as I got annoyed everytime I switched car on my phones WiFi would connect to it automatically (it connects via Bluetooth and WiFi simultaneously). Now I’ve gone back to trying to use it I re paired the Bluetooth and WiFi all works Apple car play and the mirrioring feature works But no sound will come through the cars speakers I say in my car for a few hours trial and error trying Every setting alternative on the CarPlay settings and my iPhone settings but nothing seems to work very frustrating. I’ve contacted the people that installed it but they was not much help and they 400 miles away now. 

7F6F69CA-FFD7-407B-A5C0-41537708B0B8.jpeg

77E0438E-2330-4B25-B435-064DEF5A328D.jpeg

843F819C-AF7E-48C7-996B-16993682297A.jpeg

DBA6935F-309E-4ADB-A413-F6607C46B014.jpeg

35A7E25D-164A-4765-8673-B07DDC79BC8D.jpeg

100AC88F-9618-4D03-B7E4-1890B5B62550.jpeg

16CDD32F-DF68-4D6E-8ACB-5010C1AC7D81.jpeg

045D8C24-E8CC-4F10-8157-0B2177096661.jpeg

As these third party systems don't fully integrate into the Lexus system there are some quirks, and they can be buggy/temperamental. I believe you need to make sure you have the Lexus system set to AUX so that the audio comes through - cycle through using the media button.

If you plan on using this device you may want to find out exactly what you have installed and investigate if new firmware is available for the unit.

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2021 at 10:26 AM, ColinBarber said:

As these third party systems don't fully integrate into the Lexus system there are some quirks, and they can be buggy/temperamental. I believe you need to make sure you have the Lexus system set to AUX so that the audio comes through - cycle through using the media button.

If you plan on using this device you may want to find out exactly what you have installed and investigate if new firmware is available for the unit.

Yeah it’s very frustrating as the business that installed for previous owner not being very helpful. And their 100 miles away from me 😪

would this be of any help for you i know its for an rx

i think there maybe similarities between both models

and how it should be installed

you can then check to make sure the correct cables have been joined

On 7/1/2021 at 12:32 PM, 200h said:

would this be of any help for you i know its for an rx

i think there maybe similarities between both models

and how it should be installed

you can then check to make sure the correct cables have been joined

Thanks I’ll check it out later. 

New observations Re my mk4 gs 450h. Two things one minor and the other maybe major 🙈

with my previous car Audi A4 when I had the 220 watt Bose system going full blast none of the windows vibrated. 

Ive noticed with my Lexus on high or highest volume at first I thought it was just the drivers glass a bit lose and needs tightening up in the frame as it vibrated a lot (I have bass set to 2+) but after a little testing I can say for sure both front glasses vibrate I’m guessing this normal and not a fault? Maybe something to do with design or tech like slow close windows or a Lexus thing?

Now onto the possible Mayor issue 😪. I’m hoping this mite be normal but I suspect not. Owning it for seven months now I always play my music high from move move off so I don’t know if this like this from beginning but I’ve noticed recently moving off with music off and electric hybrid mode crawling or driving slow. It makes mechanical click clack sound over an over again constantly. I think it stops when I get up to a good road speed. When I reverse back the electric motor gives off a loudish continuous hum maybe normal or related to the click clack noise/electric motor issue?

Part of my dilemma is I’ve booked a week annual leave to coincide with my mot and service which I’m doing at Lexus Sidcup in London in case they find anything which I do with all my cars as I use my car for work so can’t afford to have it off the round. I have AA mechanical cover until December 2021 on the vehicle. 

It’s a bit frustrating as Lexus norm is to say investigation fee of I think £120 also I’m not 100% sure if AA will work with Lexus Sidcup? which would mean I’d need to find another 3rd party hybrid my next week off annual leave will be December 😞

I’m hoping the click clack sound is normal or easy fix, will not cause the car long term damage making car worse. Then will lexus work with aa mechanical cover to cover repair or will I have delay repair until I find a 3rd party garage near to Dartford Kent?

44 minutes ago, Riccccccardo said:

…with my previous car Audi A4 when I had the 220 watt Bose system going full blast…

I’ve noticed with my Lexus on high or highest volume…

I always play my music high from move move off…

I can’t help wondering, Richard, how’s your hearing?

I said….HOW’S YOUR HEA….?  Oh, never mind!

• Haha 2

i am sure you will find the lexus audio output will be 2 to 3 times

higher than the Audi @220w

my loan A5's Sline audio was the worst ever

On 7/2/2021 at 2:07 PM, 200h said:

i am sure you will find the lexus audio output will be 2 to 3 times

higher than the Audi @220w

my loan A5's Sline audio was the worst ever

Yes the mark lev system is 845 watts and I pretty much use it all daily and yes I have a constant high ear wax build up problem so I’m protected lol

Ok I’ve been on google some suggestions are suspension or wheel bearing issue. So I’ll try and get it booked in this next month or so. Hopefully my AA cover will cover it. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2021 at 5:26 PM, Riccccccardo said:

Ok I’ve been on google some suggestions are suspension or wheel bearing issue. So I’ll try and get it booked in this next month or so. Hopefully my AA cover will cover it. 

Ok update cars been in the garage since Monday and I've got an update report. He said he ran it through a pre MOT check.

1) The constant mechanical noise while moving was caused by a air tire sensor lose freely spinning around inside the front nearside tire. Sorted

2) loose heat shield fixed back on.

3) rear exhaust had been in a knock caused it to be bent back, with previous owner(s). Sorted.

4) Is the KILLER when I'm on the motorway breaking at speed there's a slight vibration. He said reason being front break discs are slightly wobbling and the rear discs are wobbling so much will fail be an MOT failure.

He said he I really need four new disc breaks he gave a rough quote for four pagid brand discs which I've heard the name they seem ok he said Mercedes use them for around £600+ ish and for four OME Lexus discs £1000+. either way this going to kill my bank account dead 😪

I'm more mad I spent £500 on AA warranty with the car and unable to use it for anything at the moment feel like warranty is useless I generally never warranty anything in my life. 

7 hours ago, Riccccccardo said:

He said he I really need four new disc breaks he gave a rough quote for four pagid brand discs which I've heard the name they seem ok he said Mercedes use them for around £600+ ish and for four OME Lexus discs £1000+.

If you go aftermarket you will need to ensure that you get the correct size discs for your F Sport. The reason being according to https://media.lexus.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2021/06/1517227373180125MGSTechnicalSpecifications.pdf the GS 450h Luxury is fitted with slightly smaller brake discs than those fitted to the F Sport and Premier cars (no idea why when they all have the same performance figures!). It states the brake disc sizes for the GS 450h Luxury are (diameter x thickness mm) 334x30mm front and 310x18mm rear. For the F Sport and Premier models the sizes are 356x30mm front and 310x22mm rear (interestingly this rear size is stated for all 300h models). The problem is I have seen many an advert for aftermarket discs stating that they fit the F Sport but are in fact the size as fitted to the Luxury model. I have yet to find aftermarket front discs in the sizes fitted to the F Sport or Premier.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chris111 said:

If you go aftermarket you will need to ensure that you get the correct size discs for your F Sport. The reason being according to https://media.lexus.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2021/06/1517227373180125MGSTechnicalSpecifications.pdf the GS 450h Luxury is fitted with slightly smaller brake discs than those fitted to the F Sport and Premier cars (no idea why when they all have the same performance figures!).

The only commonality I can think of is that both F Sport and Premier models have the AVS suspension that the other models are lacking.

Not sure exactly how that correlates, but maybe Lexus think taking corners slightly quickly means quicker overall speeds hence bigger discs required. 

I had my discs and pads changed by Lexus Reading and they charged me £345 for the fronts and £295 for the rears, although is sounds like it varies from dealer to dealer.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links