Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Extended Warranty

I was 6 months into the 2for 1 extended warranty  when the Relax warranty came out, gave it some thought, cancelled the extended warranty got a refund, job done, just had an email from Lexus Stoke offering me an extended warranty up to 15 years and 150000 miles!!! Very odd

9 minutes ago, Derant said:

I was 6 months into the 2for 1 extended warranty  when the Relax warranty came out, gave it some thought, cancelled the extended warranty got a refund, job done, just had an email from Lexus Stoke offering me an extended warranty up to 15 years and 150000 miles!!! Very odd

I'd really like to know more about the 15 year 150k Extended Warranty 

• Like 1

This is the main body of the email

Just to let you know that Lexus extended warranty on IS300h Advance, **** *** can now be purchased upto 15 years/150,000 miles whichever comes first, 

Please call 01782 599200 or email us at as@d000553.lexus.co.uk for further information.

Yours sincerely,

The Lexus Stoke Aftersales Team

1 hour ago, Derant said:

This is the main body of the email

Just to let you know that Lexus extended warranty on IS300h Advance, **** *** can now be purchased upto 15 years/150,000 miles whichever comes first, 

Please call 01782 599200 or email us at as@d000553.lexus.co.uk for further information.

Yours sincerely,

The Lexus Stoke Aftersales Team

Thanks - very interesting - I'll have to investigate further as I'd certainly be interested in extending my warranty as I have now done just over 100k miles in my 2014 IS 300h and have Extended Warranty at the moment until November had planned on renewing it to 140k miles. 

@DerantThis 150k and 15yrs. . Is this for all models or just IS? I have GS450h (my2012), which i would be interested in if available.

no idea, as I said I just received the email, I bought the car from Lexus Stoke and also have a service plan with them so do receive marketing emails from them, I cancelled the extended warranty and decided to use the Relax warranty if needed

I contacted Lexus UK (by email) regarding the email from Lexus Stoke and my personal situation with a 2014 IS 300h with just over 100k miles and a current Extended Warranty due to expire in November that I had hoped to renew before Relax came out and asked for clarification and received the following reply:

"Thank you for your email query regarding extended warranty cover for your Lexus IS 300.  

As you rightfully mentioned, the parameters for the Lexus Relax product is capped at 10 years/100,000 miles.

However, you should be able to discuss extended warranty products and services with your local Lexus Centre, as they will be in a better position to provide you with information on what is on offer."

So, no definitive statement and no clarification... I will ask my local Lexus Reading the same question now and see what they have to say and depending on the reply send that to Lexus UK again for comment. 

This is starting to look like extended warranties might still be available for those that are prepared to buy one. Anyone else thinking the same?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

This is starting to look like extended warranties might still be available for those that are prepared to buy one. Anyone else thinking the same?

It's in the terminology Paul, the use of the words "Extended Warranty" is universal and you shouldn't infer nor the dealer imply that its an addendum to the fixed term Lexus Relax scheme and underwritten by Lexus. What it will be is an initiative by individual/group of dealers to provide some added value/incremental revenue streams which otherwise would be typically lost to Indys. 

• Like 1

Just now, Phil xxkr said:

It's in the terminology Paul, the use of the words "Extended Warranty" is universal and you shouldn't infer nor the dealer imply that its an addendum to the fixed term Lexus Relax scheme and underwritten by Lexus. What it will be is an initiative by individual/group of dealers to provide some added value/incremental revenue streams which otherwise would be typically lost to Indys. 

Fair enough. Still interested to see what happens here though. We need someone to actually follow up on one of these. Personally speaking I’m happy with the Relax warranty. I hope... 😀

Can someone help me out regarding this.

I have recently purchased an extended warranty for my vehicle for another two years, but when it goes for its next service later this month I presume I will automatically benefit from the relax warranty.

Should I cancel the extended warranty, or does that offer more protection than the real warranty?

6 minutes ago, ikeja said:

Can someone help me out regarding this.

I have recently purchased an extended warranty for my vehicle for another two years, but when it goes for its next service later this month I presume I will automatically benefit from the relax warranty.

Should I cancel the extended warranty, or does that offer more protection than the real warranty?

In a nutshell, the new Relax warranty is good but not as good as the Extended Warranty that we've been used to for years.

Relax doesn't cover things like shock absorbers or multimedia head units or headlight units, to name just three. All of these would have been covered on the old Extended Warranty.

I have the old-style 'proper' one in place and I'm covered until March 2024 and I'm leaving it like that, after which I'll then be put on Relax unless something else happens in the meantime.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OK - I have now spoken to Lexus Reading (part of Jemca - they have a number of franchises around the south-east) on the phone about Extended Warranty - what I have been told is:

- There is an Extended Warranty product available (details haven't been widely circulated yet) for those cars that are over 10 years old / 100k miles (and so fall outside of the new Relax scheme) - this will now be available on cars up to 15 years old or 150k miles (whichever comes first). The cost for my IS 300h will be £474 per annum (only 1 year cover can be purchased at a time and it can be paid over 12 months interest free and then renewed each year until the 15 years / 150k mile limit is reached) and it will also include the Roadside Assistance as previously - not sure of exact T&Cs for what is covered (as I was on the phone so haven't got anything in writing yet) but told it is similar to manufacturers warranty so would need to see full T&Cs as to whether it's the old Extended Warranty terms or along the lines of the Relax - I would assume that servicing will need to be done by Lexus for the Extended Warranty to be valid as previously, and so

- In addition, I asked about the loss of Essential Care servicing (with Relax coming in) and was told that there is also a lower cost servicing option available for those cars that are over are over 10 years old or 100k miles (but this is NOT available for those cars between 5 and 10 years old like the old Essential Care service was previously unless they are also over the 100k miles - like my 2014 car with 103k miles is - as they will be serviced under the Relax scheme up to 10 years / 100k miles) - the cost I was given of the servicing for when the car is over 10 years or 100k miles (whichever comes first) is the same as the old Essential Care Major/Minor for my IS 300h.

The above was given to me in a phone call with Lexus Reading (Jemca) following my message to Lexus UK who directed me back to the dealer network and as I have always used Lexus Reading (Jemca) I called them and was given this information. I can't therefore say whether all other dealers will be offering the above so you may have to call your own local dealer to get specific information confirmed, at least until Lexus UK add anything to the website. Personally though, what has been outlined on the phone works for me and allows me to continue running my IS 300h for the foreseeable future with an Extended Warranty in place and lower cost servicing through Lexus Reading (Jemca).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for doing that Phil.

As a customer of Lexus Reading, I am very interested to hear more about this.

If the terms are the same as the old Extended Warranty then it is a good sign of faith in their product since it actually extends the scope from the previous 10 year/140k mile limit.

It does look like it is going to cost more for this warranty though as it would now be £948 for 2 years' cover for the IS as opposed to the old £795.  By this rational, I would expect my GS to be somewhere in the £600-700 per annum range.

I was also told about their new low cost servicing option (I believe they said it would be called Value Servicing) but I wasn't aware of the criteria.  Since I am in the same position as you Phil with my car going over 100k miles soon, it appears I can benefit from this cheaper servicing as well.

I just wish they would just go ahead and announce it so we all know where we stand 🙂

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

If the terms are the same as the old Extended Warranty then it is a good sign of faith in their product since it actually extends the scope from the previous 10 year/140k mile limit.

It does look like it is going to cost more for this warranty though as it would now be £948 for 2 years' cover for the IS as opposed to the old £795.  By this rational, I would expect my GS to be somewhere in the £600-700 per annum range.

I was also told about their new low cost servicing option (I believe they said it would be called Value Servicing) but I wasn't aware of the criteria.  Since I am in the same position as you Phil with my car going over 100k miles soon, it appears I can benefit from this cheaper servicing as well.

I just wish they would just go ahead and announce it so we all know where we stand 🙂

Yes - looks like it might be a bit more expensive for this Extended Warranty than the old 2-4-1 (which I was told would not now be offered - only a rolling one year) but not a deal breaker for me given it can take the car through to 15 years  / 150K miles which if there are no major restrictions in the T&Cs seems like a fair deal for peace of mind. The chap I spoke to had the details including looking up the new Extended Warranty and Servicing prices for my car and so I think all the details are agreed (at least at Lexus Reading / Jemca - can't speak for other dealers) - he said it is all new and so hasn't been communicated broadly yet so hopefully we will either start to see more communicated, probably through the Lexus website, unless they decide to leave it down to the dealer network to put this in place on a per dealer basis - it was odd that Lexus UK told me to speak to my local dealer rather than giving me this information directly.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Seems like good news all round.

Phil`s Posting was perhaps the most informative I have ever read on this Forum.

Many thanks Phil.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Seems like good news all round.

Phil`s Posting was perhaps the most informative I have ever read on this Forum.

Many thanks Phil.

Have to say that the chap I spoke to at Lexus Reading (Jemca) was very helpful and gave me all the information I have repeated on this forum without hesitation.

• Like 4

Basically for around £10 a week you get the Lexus Relax warranty provided your car is over 10 years old and under 150,000 miles - renewable annually, possibly unless they spot a major issue coming up? Am I being cynical? 

£10 - The price of two coffees in London - with cream!

16 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Basically for around £10 a week you get the Lexus Relax warranty provided your car is over 10 years old and under 150,000 miles - renewable annually, possibly unless they spot a major issue coming up? Am I being cynical? 

You must be a car salesman as you did not mean to say "Lexus Relax" did you Davey ?

So it looks like you can purchase more comprehensive cover on an older car to a limited age and/or mileage than on say a 5 year old car with lower mileage  if I have grasped this correctly - strange.

45 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

For the £10 a week it looks like some form of Extended Warranty which could be better or worse than the Relax (given the terms of the old Extended Warranty were better than Relax) but until we see the T&Cs can't be sure of the details at the moment - but I was told it would also include breakdown cover as well which if you are on the Relax warranty is not included so would have to be purchased separately. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barry14UK said:

So it looks like you can purchase more comprehensive cover on an older car to a limited age and/or mileage than on say a 5 year old car with lower mileage  if I have grasped this correctly - strange.

The T&Cs of the paid for extended warranty for cars over 10 years or 100k mile old may not be the same as the old Extended Warranty - until we get to see them can't be sure what is covered yet but looks like there will be some form of extended warranty cover to 15 years / 150k miles once outside the Relax cover. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links