Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

not a very caring owner over the years ....  so many problems with tyres, year after year after year after year etc

can't understand why someone wants to put their lives in danger so much !

Malc

I put my 1994 Celsior on there which finished last night with the highest bid of £3250.00 so didn’t quite make my reserve of £3500.00.

I sent a Second Chance offer to the top bidder accepting the bid price but no response so far.

I think it as been scrapped because the cost of repairs is far more than can be got for it in a showroom resale.

With that mileage it will probably be the front suspension gone and that is about £3k just for the parts add that to other unknowns and it could be a money pit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ambermarine said:

I think it as been scrapped because the cost of repairs is far more than can be got for it in a showroom resale.

With that mileage it will probably be the front suspension gone and that is about £3k just for the parts add that to other unknowns and it could be a money pit.

It's got to be more than just suspension. My car has about the same mileage and just passed it's MOT. There were no advisories and the suspension and steering have no signs of play. It would be nice to find out just what is wrong with it.

Can one of you look at its MOT history and see if there is anything that stands out?

3 minutes ago, Tulpen said:

It's got to be more than just suspension. My car has about the same mileage and just passed it's MOT. There were no advisories and the suspension and steering have no signs of play. It would be nice to find out just what is wrong with it.

Can one of you look at its MOT history and see if there is anything that stands out?

I've checked the mot history, the last one was just tyres wearing unevenly, most of the mot history is clean 

5 hours ago, messi said:

I've checked the mot history, the last one was just tyres wearing unevenly, most of the mot history is clean 

Thanks for that. I agree that the back looks a bit low but, if the rest is in good condition, there has to be a case for keeping it on the road. Even if a new owner fits coil overs.

As a matter of interest, here are a few pics of mine that I took in the last week. I'm keeping it!!!!!

DSC_0285.JPG

DSC_0286.JPG

DSC_0290.JPG

DSC_0291.JPG

DSC_0292.JPG

DSC_0297.JPG

DSC_0300.JPG

• Like 2

8 hours ago, steve2006 said:

I got complimented by Aaron on the Celsior engine bay, unfortunately it is now contaminated by bits of rubber off the shredded belt but pretty sure he will get it cleaned up again.

EBF6F195-1912-4AE5-A222-7407554BD6BC.jpeg

My job for tomorrow is to start attempting to remove all the little rubbery blobs littering the engine bay. And possibly attempting to remove the smell of burnt rubber inside from leaving the snapped belt in the boot.

1 hour ago, Cels1or said:

My job for tomorrow is to start attempting to remove all the little rubbery blobs littering the engine bay. And possibly attempting to remove the smell of burnt rubber inside from leaving the snapped belt in the boot.

WD40 is pretty good stuff for removing the rubber blobs.

• Thanks 1

Not yet the pulley isn't due to turn up until Monday at the earliest I believe. I have removed everything from the boot already just waiting till I have the belt back on and I can take it for a good spin recharge the Battery then I shall leave it all open maybe set off a scent bomb.

• Like 1

and he says it's a Celsior Crown too ....  oddball for sure, this chap I mean ....  and how can he simply LIE ABOUT his effective trade status, no warranty etc stuff ......  and  eBay continue to allow this to pervade .......  is there anyone policing eBay at all ?

Malc

11 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

It does look tempting

this specific car does for sure .  the MOT history looks great BUT hey, why's she hardly been used these past years???  AND you'd be dealing with what seems to be an unscrupulous TRADER denying his legal obligations at the outset 

Who holds eBay to account for continuing this stuff with this guy ???

Malc

1 hour ago, BigBoomer said:

If he's being illegal again

I have no idea if he's being illegal or not BUT with all the latest UK Govt and Govt Agencies taking more scrupulous attention to detail with Google, FaceBook, yahoo etc it really is about time eBay came under the same regime of Governance to protect the consumer at source methinks

Malc

2 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

eBay don't give a **** so long as they get paid. If he's being illegal again, report him to Trading Standards.

I think your comment George is somewhat misguided. In my experience whenever I personally had an issue they have been fantastic in resolving my situation. If you have any objection to an advert then they ask you to contact them, have you done that? I guess the answer is not in the affirmative. They are, fundamentally, a shop window, let's not ask the state to intervene because you are concerned about the safety of the glass 😊

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links