Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Like or Dislike.

35 minutes ago, Richard1200 said:

I have found a dislike on my new one, that bloody noise when on battery under 12mph is it? Especially in reverse. Anybody found a way of making it quieter.

That'll be the Pedestrian Warning System (PWS).  I can't imagine a way to disable unless you cover up the speaker or whatever is emitting the noise.  Essentially, it is a safety item so if you were to disable it, and then ran someone over because they didn't hear you, then you'd be liable.

I see that Bridgestone Turanza's are rated at 70 dB and Michelin Primacy 4s at 68 dB - it would be good to know if the sound difference is noticeable. Primacy's are £24 more expensive on a website I checked.

14 hours ago, Gorb said:

I see that Bridgestone Turanza's are rated at 70 dB and Michelin Primacy 4s at 68 dB - it would be good to know if the sound difference is noticeable.

I'd imagine so but remember the rating is the noise they make at the kerbside 1m away - and clever engineering can divert sound into cabin and away from the outside to improve the rating. Bottom line is don't use the rating as a strong decision criteria when selecting a tyre.

Dislike -trac pad.  Also cannot find how to delete the phone history - I have cleared my phone but car still shows the history.

Much better car than the CT. Like most other stuff

• 8 months later...

Oh boy I got into hot water on here when I complained about absence of auto fold mirrors on the premium plus trim originally ordered,as well as absence of seat memory, any way that's in the past, swallowed hard and changed order to a Takumi spec.

Bill D.

6 hours ago, will morgan said:

Dislike- no auto fold mirrors( surprised no one else has mentioned!)

The thread is more related to what you like/dislike about the things that you have with your vehicle, not the things you haven't specified (but yes, you would expect auto folding mirrors on lower specifications than just the top one).

19 hours ago, Bill Dawes said:

Oh boy I got into hot water on here when I complained about absence of auto fold mirrors on the premium plus trim originally ordered,as well as absence of seat memory, any way that's in the past, swallowed hard and changed order to a Takumi spec.

Bill D.

I wonder if anyone can retro fit 

Like: overall build quality

Like: track pad (dislike touchscreens)

Like: no auto fold mirrors, this way i decide when i need them folded

Dislike: low quality plastic door cards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/7/2021 at 8:55 AM, ColinBarber said:

Noisy Bridgestone runflat tyres 🙉

Aye Colin i think im going for the dunlops when im due a change unless someone posts anything different.

7 hours ago, ALAW said:

Aye Colin i think im going for the dunlops when im due a change unless someone posts anything different.

The UX facelift which is due to start in production in August 2022 is said to be fitted with improved Bridgestone run flat tyres: https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/lexus/37299882.html?utm_source=LexusOwnersClubUK&utm_medium=ForumLinks

• Like 1

When I had a UX as a courtesy car for a few days, I found it an unusually difficult car to properly clean and wash, at least on my one and only attempt, mainly because of multiple dirt traps and inaccessible spots attributable to the design.  See Are All SUVs A Pain To Clean? in Lexus General Discussions, started 20 February 2022.

8 hours ago, Rabbers said:

When I had a UX as a courtesy car for a few days, I found it an unusually difficult car to properly clean and wash, at least on my one and only attempt, mainly because of multiple dirt traps and inaccessible spots attributable to the design.  See Are All SUVs A Pain To Clean? in Lexus General Discussions, started 20 February 2022.

Wow! you cleaned the courtesy car? 😱

• Haha 1