Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel panic!

Mincey

On 3/8/2022 at 7:43 PM, Phil xxkr said:

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

wow, that is 126 GBP to fill my car..Β 

You can see where I am going with my previous post.Β 

based on the 2.52/ltr euro i did some maths for the regular 1500 kms down south and back so total 3000 + some driving around lets say 3400km total.Β  Starts to become a slight issue.. If the price in May is another euro on top better take the plane.

What about you guys, road trips will be postponed canceled or no probs?

Filled up my stealthmobile locally with Esso Synergy on the 3rd ... Β£169.9p per litre (E5) ... same price advertised today.Β πŸ˜‹

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

based on the 2.52/ltr euro i did some maths for the regular 1500 kms down south and back so total 3000 + some driving around lets say 3400km total.Β  Starts to become a slight issue.. If the price in May is another euro on top better take the plane.

What about you guys, road trips will be postponed canceled or no probs?

Them costs are not feasible in the long run, you can fly to Bangkok, get a local flight to Koh Samui and stay in the Nora Buri resort for a week for Β£3000 and pocket some big change in the process.

On 3/7/2022 at 11:55 PM, LenT said:

Thank you for this, Eric.Β  I have two main problems with it:

1:Β  It seems to be primarily opinion, not evidence.

2: More importantly, it appears to be in response to questions I didn't actually ask.

For the sake of clarity, this is the content of your original post that was the subject of my question:

In reply, as evidence of your claim that 'Bill GatesΒ funds the British Government (and therefore the BBC)' you have offered this:

0Q6kalz.jpg

This is actually an acknowledgement of a charitable donation to what is called BBC Media Action.Β  This is a link to the current Annual Report.

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/mediaaction/annualreports/2020-2021.pdf

As you will see, it is an international charity working in international development and supporting independent media to further democracy across 23 countries.

In 2019/20 the Bill and Melinda Gates FoundationΒ  donated Β£1,569K to this charity.Β  Although very welcome, I hardly think it qualifies as 'Funding the British Government'.Β  In fact, on that basis, you should be more nervous of the donations provided by:

Global Affairs Canada (Β£1,642K); UN Development Programme (Β£2,402K); European Union (Β£3,199K) and that hot-bed of intrigue, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Β£3,383K).Β Β 

I suggest that this hardly supports the claim that the Gates' Foundation is supporting the BBC or - indeed - 'all the covid stuff on the news'.

Denying everything is fine, but I prefer to question everything. The mere fact Bill Gates funds the british Government should set alarm bells going off anyway - no matter what his 'noble' cause is - the fact he has shares in pretty much every large bio medical company is irrespective I guess what with Pzizer rolling in 50 Billion profit this year and some reports I read referred to covid as a franchise which said it all.

The BBC are funded by the British Government in the same way the climate scaremongering articles are funded by Governments - The director of the BBC is a Tory, let me put this another subtle way, Tim would not swear under oath about the data the BBC were presenting to the nation about covid for over two years - 24/7 non stop.

Absolutely no chance whatsoever.

Would you walk backwards if told to do so by the Government? Politicians and Governments all over the world are crooked - how else do you think they have disguised covid so well and have got off scott free, and please dont tell me it was about a virus - otherwise I will have to publish the tens of millions of people dying of various diseases around the world each year, of which no body was told previously about.

Β 

3 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

Denying everything is fine, but I prefer to question everything. The mere fact Bill Gates funds the british Government should set alarm bells going off anyway - no matter what his 'noble' cause is - the fact he has shares in pretty much every large bio medical company is irrespective I guess what with Pzizer rolling in 50 Billion profit this year and some reports I read referred to covid as a franchise which said it all.

The BBC are funded by the British Government in the same way the climate scaremongering articles are funded by Governments - The director of the BBC is a Tory, let me put this another subtle way, Tim would not swear under oath about the data the BBC were presenting to the nation about covid for over two years - 24/7 non stop.

Absolutely no chance whatsoever.

Would you walk backwards if told to do so by the Government? Politicians and Governments all over the world are crooked - how else do you think they have disguised covid so well and have got off scott free, and please dont tell me it was about a virus - otherwise I will have to publish the tens of millions of people dying of various diseases around the world each year, of which no body was told previously about.

Β 

Thanks Eric for taking the trouble to respond to my post.

It strikes me, however, that reading my post and then your response below it, that I don’t actually detect any answers to the points I raised. These points, you may recall, were seeking clarification of the various claims you had made regarding the FOI reply you had discovered that referred to the charitable donation made by the Gates’s Foundation to another charitable organisation called BBC Media Action.

No doubt this post will irritate those who wonder what it has to do with β€˜Fuel Panic’, but I think if you’ve gone to the trouble to comment then I think you deserve the courtesy of a reply.

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">1. Denying everything is fine, but I prefer to question everything.

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">I think most people do, Eric. But questioning is pointless if you pay no heed to the answers.

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">2. The mere fact Bill Gates funds the british Government should set alarm bells going off anyway - no matter what his 'noble' cause is

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">But it’s not β€˜a mere fact Bill Gates funds the british Government’. As the FOI reply you cited confirmed, it was a donation to an independent charitable organisation (BBC Media Action) which was a BBC initiative with the aim of using media development to support marginalised groups around the World.

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">You asked the question, Eric, but you’ve denied and ignored the answer!

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">To suggest that this β€˜funds the British Government’ is, frankly, risible. On that basis, my annual BBC Licence Fee – and possibly yours too – are even more egregious examples! Makes you wonder why elements in the Government want to get rid of it!

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">3. If your contention is that Gates is β€˜buying’ undue influence with the British Government by means of this BBC Media Action funding, then he’s not making a very good job of it. As I pointed out, at least four other comparable organisations outspent him in 2019/20.

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">Even stranger, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation donation of Β£1,569K was handsomely topped by the Β£7,645K that came from the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office. Or is this an example of the British Government funding itself?

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">4. The BBC are funded by the British Government in the same way the climate scaremongering articles are funded by GovernmentsΒ 

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">I suppose that well-know climate scaremonger Sir David Attenborough is yet another Government lackey?

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">5. The director of the BBC is a Tory,

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">And this discredits him, does it? Prior to being appointed DG in September 2020, Tim Davie had also been a successful Director of various broadcasting divisions within the BBC for the previous fifteen years. Conceivably this may also have had a bearing on his appointment.

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">If I were to criticise him, it would be over his defence of the salary of the BBC’s highest paid presenter - Gary Lineker.

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">6. Would you walk backwards if told to do so by the Government? Politicians and Governments all over the world are crooked - how else do you think they have disguised covid so well and have got off scott free, and please dont tell me it was about a virus - otherwise I will have to publish the tens of millions of people dying of various diseases around the world each year, of which no body was told previously about.

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">It may be just me, but I’m not too clear what you’re getting at here. But it seems far removed from the subject of this post - in itself far removed from the subject of the thread!

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">7. ...millions of people dying of various diseases around the world each year, of which no body was told previously about.

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">Again, not too clear to what you allude. Covid-19 is an example of a potentially fatal virus about which β€˜no body was told previously about’ mainly because it hadn’t evolved! Once it had evolved – and escaped from its origin in Wuhan, China – its existence became rather well-known.

• Like 12

21 hours ago, LenT said:

Thanks Eric for taking the trouble to respond to my post.

It strikes me, however, that reading my post and then your response below it, that I don’t actually detect any answers to the points I raised. These points, you may recall, were seeking clarification of the various claims you had made regarding the FOI reply you had discovered that referred to the charitable donation made by the Gates’s Foundation to another charitable organisation called BBC Media Action.

No doubt this post will irritate those who wonder what it has to do with β€˜Fuel Panic’, but I think if you’ve gone to the trouble to comment then I think you deserve the courtesy of a reply.

1. Denying everything is fine, but I prefer to question everything.

I think most people do, Eric. But questioning is pointless if you pay no heed to the answers.

2. The mere fact Bill Gates funds the british Government should set alarm bells going off anyway - no matter what his 'noble' cause is

But it’s not β€˜a mere fact Bill Gates funds the british Government’. As the FOI reply you cited confirmed, it was a donation to an independent charitable organisation (BBC Media Action) which was a BBC initiative with the aim of using media development to support marginalised groups around the World.

You asked the question, Eric, but you’ve denied and ignored the answer!

To suggest that this β€˜funds the British Government’ is, frankly, risible. On that basis, my annual BBC Licence Fee – and possibly yours too – are even more egregious examples! Makes you wonder why elements in the Government want to get rid of it!

3. If your contention is that Gates is β€˜buying’ undue influence with the British Government by means of this BBC Media Action funding, then he’s not making a very good job of it. As I pointed out, at least four other comparable organisations outspent him in 2019/20.

Even stranger, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation donation of Β£1,569K was handsomely topped by the Β£7,645K that came from the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office. Or is this an example of the British Government funding itself?

4. The BBC are funded by the British Government in the same way the climate scaremongering articles are funded by GovernmentsΒ 

I suppose that well-know climate scaremonger Sir David Attenborough is yet another Government lackey?

5. The director of the BBC is a Tory,

And this discredits him, does it? Prior to being appointed DG in September 2020, Tim Davie had also been a successful Director of various broadcasting divisions within the BBC for the previous fifteen years. Conceivably this may also have had a bearing on his appointment.

If I were to criticise him, it would be over his defence of the salary of the BBC’s highest paid presenter - Gary Lineker.

6. Would you walk backwards if told to do so by the Government? Politicians and Governments all over the world are crooked - how else do you think they have disguised covid so well and have got off scott free, and please dont tell me it was about a virus - otherwise I will have to publish the tens of millions of people dying of various diseases around the world each year, of which no body was told previously about.

It may be just me, but I’m not too clear what you’re getting at here. But it seems far removed from the subject of this post - in itself far removed from the subject of the thread!

7. ...millions of people dying of various diseases around the world each year, of which no body was told previously about.

Again, not too clear to what you allude. Covid-19 is an example of a potentially fatal virus about which β€˜no body was told previously about’ mainly because it hadn’t evolved! Once it had evolved – and escaped from its origin in Wuhan, China – its existence became rather well-known.

It’s pretty obvious to anyone with a brain that the covid data, most of it by all accountsΒ frivolous nonsense has been done by large sums of money exchanging hands, come onΒ  - Boris having benders every weekend while everyone was in lockdown - the reason I am mention this and dragging this off topic is relating to what I said in an earlier post -- I don’t trust Governments and if you do well good on you but everyone had been hoodwinked by covid, Governments have shown how easy it is to manipulate people getting them to wear masks and isolate and take tests and get multiple jabs of god knows whatΒ while the ministers themselves go about exchanging large sums of money with pharmaceutical agencies and having parties and in the process dumping about half a billion pounds in the drain.

It would be funny if I was joking right.?

They are using this manipulation to get people to buy EVs also, because I for one - having extensive work history in the field in Electronics and dealing with lithium batteries cannot see any benefit for moving to a EV society- at all. They say zero emissions. whoopy whooop, seemingly forgetting the resources needed to make and charge them up. Plus, combustion cars itself are not that much of an issue with greenhouse gases -- do you concur? In the UK they contribute a 'net' zero percent to global greenhouse gases...Β see what I did there.

20 companies or so are responsible for over a third of global greenhouse gases – governments won’t touch them however – we all know why.

Instead, they heckle the people reading this to get heat pumps and electric cars to save the world.

Modern petrol cars are more than clean enough to not warrant getting them decommissioned.

There is no climate crisis, only whatever one is spoon fed into peoples brains and people like you buying into it, Its easy to fall for it but smart people question it

Propaganda its called.

QGBCnM8.png

Β 

Β 

as they are with climate chgange -Β 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LenT said:

5. The director of the BBC is a Tory,

And this discredits him, does it?

Yes, because all Tory's are most decent people right? like my local one - who has been doing by elections in southend on sea, Birmingham and other far flung fields hundreds of miles from his own constituency - to keep the votes flowing and Boris in power. He wont miss photo shoots for his contributions to the local town however.

They are all rotten, if you think they are on your side.. thats entirely your decision

21 hours ago, LenT said:

I suppose that well-know climate scaremonger Sir David Attenborough is yet another Government lackey?

There is a difference between felling trees in the amazon and other eco systems, dumping crap into oceans and the general gluttonous nature of society that is contribution to the downfall of the planet and coercing people to buy electric cars. you can solve all the previous issues without having electric cars -- right? Heck even better solve all them problems and get the 20 companies spewing out a third of greenhouse gases to go green – now that would be an excellent way to reduce global warming.

Governments want people to get electric cars because in 2030 they will not be analog cars anymore, they will be all digital and its far easier to control and manipulate a digital device, you are seeing it everywhere. the world is going digital, even new stamps will be digital.Β 

Either that or Governments are deluded and can somehow pluck billions of lithium batteries from trees and get solar panels covering the planet to charge them up for free – thus negating for eco damage for all the EV cars getting manufactured.

22 hours ago, LenT said:

Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation

They are divorced, she couldnt live with his dishonourable dealings any longer, including to Jeffrey Epstein.

Melinda Gates Says Bill Gates's Work with β€œAbhorrent” Jeffrey Epstein LED to Divorce

He is milking it from his shares in various bio medical companies

Billionaire philanthropist Bill Gates has invested €15 million in the biotechnology company Univercells, based in Gosselies near Charleroi. This is the fourth time Gates has put money into the company, which has developed a sort of miniature production line capable of turning out large volumes of vaccines at low cost.

Seemingly able to predict a global outbreak also like he did in 2019Β  - he is also best mates with Dr Fauci, who is just as bad - Fauci said you can get AIDS back in the 80s by being in proximitgy to a carrier.

Β 

Wow what a read Eric. I agree with quite a lot of what you say. Greenhouse gasses. Jeez has everyone forgotten the industrial revolution when coal was first used and steam engines were invented and all those cotton mills spewing out mega tons of c**p in to the sky? Governments have fallen victim to very very clever scams where greenhouse gasses is concerned. Its those scammers who need to be traced and shot on sight. What's getting me is this rip off clean air charge that's cropping up everywhere. Companies who use trucks and vans to deliver are going to go bankrupt coz they'll be crippled by them (unless there's a clause excluding commercial vehicles).

Oh yesterday diesel price was same as day before 170.9p But the days before price in the early morning was 158.90 according to a workmate.Β 

I am reassured that Len's post is getting so many likes in comparison to no likes on Erics. For a moment there I thought I was in the wrong forum πŸ™„

Anyway, in Dublin on Wednesday, petrol crept to €2.05(Β£1.72) / Litre in some stations. Diesel - which is normally cheaper in Ireland because of subsidies - climbed to €2.15. Yesterday, the government reduced the excise duties by 20 cent per litre on petrol and 15 cent per litre on diesel - to last until the end of August. Contrary to expectations, prices did actually go down and I paid €1.85(Β£1.55) / litre yesterday. It might have been down to the huge media interest in fuel prices and accusations of price gouging.

Still a lot more than the €1.72(Β£1.45) I paid at the start of February and a whole lot more than the €1.20(Β£1.01) I paid in June '20 when they couldn't give the stuff away because of the lockdowns.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, route66 said:

I am reassured that Len's post is getting so many likes in comparison to no likes on Erics. For a moment there I thought I was in the wrong forum πŸ™„

Anyway, in Dublin on Wednesday, petrol crept to €2.05(Β£1.72) / Litre in some stations. Diesel - which is normally cheaper in Ireland because of subsidies - climbed to €2.15. Yesterday, the government reduced the excise duties by 20 cent per litre on petrol and 15 cent per litre on diesel - to last until the end of August. Contrary to expectations, prices did actually go down and I paid €1.85(Β£1.55) / litre yesterday. It might have been down to the huge media interest in fuel prices and accusations of price gouging.

Still a lot more than the €1.72(Β£1.45) I paid at the start of February and a whole lot more than the €1.20(Β£1.01) I paid in June '20 when they couldn't give the stuff away because of the lockdowns.

You areΒ  in the right forum. Sure some of the things most people here are writing are right and like any other place some things many does not think are right. Yes some, maybe many politicians are just having a job and have one opinion till it is profitable to have another. Not much we can do about it anyway, just like it is unfortunately not up to us to change the situation in the world, where price for fuel to us poor car owners climb steady. Here again 5 centimes since yesterday, but lucky for us living here it is cheap compared to the rest of Europe. 1.52 / litre. Euro. πŸ™‚ - Shell V-power 98. Still having a full tank. Will probably be more expensive next time it needs fuel.

Always look at the bright side of life. We have fine cars, get food every day so let us be happy. Complaining will do us no good anyway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

Governments have fallen victim to very very clever scams where greenhouse gasses is concerned.

Close, but only close Vladimir. They do not fall victims. They are opportunists and have the opinion they think gives them best possibility to keep the reasonably well paid job. As soon as they think another opinion give better chances for re-election or popularity they get a new opinion.

19 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Always look at the bright side of life. We have fine cars, get food every day so let us be happy. Complaining will do us no good anyway.

absolutely the right attitude .Β  waking up every day and thinking THIS IS GOING TO BE A GOOD DAY is sure the way to go ....Β  coz when you realise that one day .Β  be it close or nay .Β  you won't be waking up then you know this fine day is to be ......Β  whatever you see looking out from your window

Malc

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

As soon as they think another opinion give better chances for re-election or popularity they get a new opinion.

and at the extreme end of this political scale ..............Β  the buggers get dragged from their holes ............Β  as will PutinΒ :yes: ..........Β  like his predecessor, the last Tsar of all the Russias ............Β  Ceaucesceau, ...... Gaddaffi ........ Saddam Hussein ..............Β  and a few more global terreorists I guess .Β  I pray

Malc

sorry i digressed even further .Β  smack my hand somebody !

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

They are opportunists and have the opinion they think gives them best possibility to keep the reasonably well paid job. As soon as they think another opinion give better chances for re-election or popularity they get a new opinion.

Always reminds me of the Marx quote (Groucho, of course) while addressing a Board of Directors.

”And those, Gentlemen, are my Principles. Β And if you don’t like them,,,,well, I have others.”

However, it does occur to me that anyone aspiring to become - or to remain - a politician is unlikely to achieve it by expressing an unpopular opinion. Β If the only vision of the future that a candidate could offer was, for example, a period of blood, sweat, toil and tears, would that be a vote winner?

Politicians are in an invidious position. Β They are not too dissimilar to Priests in that they both have to offer the prospect of a glittering future in order to obtain any following in the present.

But that’s not the end of their problems. Β Under our current democratic system, they are faced with having retain their following every five years. Β And yet it can take easily that long to effect fundamental changes in a broken system. Β That’s why dictators have such an advantage in that they can remove the opposition and gain the time they need to make dramatic social changes.

But we currently have a very good example of where that can lead!

So perhaps, John, there might just be an argument that voters should share the blame for installing ineffective Governments. Β Perhaps they should be more critical of unsubstantiated assertions based on prejudicial attitudes, rather than verifiable evidence. Β 

And perhaps simplistic characterisations (eg all Tories are evil) should be confined to the playground, where they belong.  😊

• Like 1

All tories are evil? Bo**ox. All political party members, except the raving looney party, are EVIL self centred a holes.Β 

And back to the original post. Diesel today gone up 3p to 173.9p.

1 hour ago, LenT said:

So perhaps, John, there might just be an argument that voters should share the blame for installing ineffective Governments. Β Perhaps they should be more critical of unsubstantiated assertions based on prejudicial attitudes, rather than verifiable evidence.

I read that Churchill said the problem with democracy was intelligence of the voters.

Sorry I forgot where I read it, but it is something I do not disagree with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LenT said:

Always reminds me of the Marx quote (Groucho, of course) while addressing a Board of Directors.

”And those, Gentlemen, are my Principles. Β And if you don’t like them,,,,well, I have others.”

However, it does occur to me that anyone aspiring to become - or to remain - a politician is unlikely to achieve it by expressing an unpopular opinion. Β If the only vision of the future that a candidate could offer was, for example, a period of blood, sweat, toil and tears, would that be a vote winner?

Politicians are in an invidious position. Β They are not too dissimilar to Priests in that they both have to offer the prospect of a glittering future in order to obtain any following in the present.

But that’s not the end of their problems. Β Under our current democratic system, they are faced with having retain their following every five years. Β And yet it can take easily that long to effect fundamental changes in a broken system. Β That’s why dictators have such an advantage in that they can remove the opposition and gain the time they need to make dramatic social changes.

But we currently have a very good example of where that can lead!

So perhaps, John, there might just be an argument that voters should share the blame for installing ineffective Governments. Β Perhaps they should be more critical of unsubstantiated assertions based on prejudicial attitudes, rather than verifiable evidence. Β 

And perhaps simplistic characterisations (eg all Tories are evil) should be confined to the playground, where they belong.  😊

Perfect synopsis Len,Β 

"Perhaps they should be more critical of unsubstantiated assertions based on prejudicial attitudes, rather than verifiable evidence."Β 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

All tories are evil? Bo**ox. All political party members, except the raving looney party, are EVIL self centred a holes.Β 

And back to the original post. Diesel today gone up 3p to 173.9p.

Who care about diesel. We have a hybrid. 98 octane, lead free. πŸ˜‚

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links