Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel panic!

Mincey

On 10/13/2022 at 9:10 AM, toffee_pie said:

Didn't know Sains did E5, Costco membership is good without the petrol tbh, we probably fill out the boot every couple of months. Shopping can get rather expensive there however so try not go too much 

Oh dear, I'll be passing near Costco Reading next week, and will be in need of a fill up. I fear anything I might save in petrol will be more than offset by what I spend shopping.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

Oh dear, I'll be passing near Costco Reading next week, and will be in need of a fill up. I fear anything I might save in petrol will be more than offset by what I spend shopping.

Why not leave the wife at home then and shop by yourself ?🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

Shoping there is dangerous and you need to be careful as things can go out of hand, the money they make off the scale - I think one of the biggest reatilers in the world in terms of revenue. I dont have any problems with them but you need to do homework as some items are very good value and others not so much. Oil for example is a huge win, Castrol edge 5w30 for £23 or something - My shed is always stocked up on it

35 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

Shoping there is dangerous and you need to be careful as things can go out of hand, the money they make off the scale - I think one of the biggest reatilers in the world in terms of revenue. I dont have any problems with them but you need to do homework as some items are very good value and others not so much. Oil for example is a huge win, castrol edge 5w30 for £23 or something - My shed is always stocked up on it

That's very true Eric.  Some of their own branded stuff is good quality/value, and some stuff expensive, so I try to be picky. I still usually spend more than planned. The big hot dog and drink, for £1.50 is good value though 🙂

Sainsbury's Newton Abbott today E10 has gone up 3p from Monday when i last filled her to 155.9p  BUT my E5 has only risen 7p per ltr to 162.9p

Earlier it was an 8p uplift when I popped in £112 .......  70.1 ltrs ..........  today it was only £116.25    71.36 ltrs

So enjoyed driving me Lexus these holiday days 👍

sadly ? home tomorrow

Malc

On 10/16/2022 at 5:06 PM, Malc1 said:

Sainsbury's Newton Abbott today E10 has gone up 3p from Monday when i last filled her to 155.9p  BUT my E5 has only risen 7p per ltr to 162.9p

Earlier it was an 8p uplift when I popped in £112 .......  70.1 ltrs ..........  today it was only £116.25    71.36 ltrs

sadly ? home tomorrow

Malc

No matter how great holydays are, there are never enough of them. I still remember.

Retiring is not bad at all.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

I just received a prepaid fuel card from Lexus as a thank you for buying my car! £250 worth of fuel to help me enjoy my new purchase...

For the car you bought two years ago?

On 10/16/2022 at 5:06 PM, Malc1 said:

sadly ? home tomorrow

Malc

The people at the till must love meeting you. 😶

Me also mind, but the LS400 has a fuel tank the size of the space shuttle so pretty pricey - out of interest how much range do you get ish?

Reading now about a new RR Spectre, whatever that means - the Battery pack is 700kg itself, the car 3 tonnes, I can’t imagine the manufacturing of that is beneficial to the environment.  There should be a referendum on what’s happening the automobile but it’s not allowed is it, no it’s not – it just ‘happened’

13 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

out of interest how much range do you get ish?

Oh I don't know really  ............... holidaying Devon from Kent and popping down to Penzance for the day meant that the miles ranged from brilliant motorway to dead slow dual carriageway thru' myriad agonising roadworks in Cornwall especially  ....  where i actually turned the engine off for some minutes whilst waiting ..... to zipping along at 70 mph or so to slow hill climbing behind trucks and all inbetween 

Guessing maybe 500 miles to a tankful of 80.1 ltrs on this trip ............. generally I'm assuming day to day at home just trundling around in ordinary traffic it's about 18 to 24 'ish or so to I know maybe 30 mpg from years back when I measured it coz i had that interest and not so much dosh£££ ...............  just fill her up these days and often when the orange light appears when i know she's about 100 miles range left in the tank

I have found in the past that trundling along at 70 mph fully laden gave the best mpg at just over the 30 mark 

Did 1098 miles this trip Tuesday 11th to Monday 17th back to home

Lovely journey, wow, the autumnal leaves colours just astounding 👍

The beauty and joy of gliding effortlessly in an aged Ls400 is simply unsurpassable 

Malc

• Like 1

22 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

Reading now about a new RR Spectre, whatever that means - the battery pack is 700kg itself, the car 3 tonnes, I can’t imagine the manufacturing of that is beneficial to the environment.  There should be a referendum on what’s happening the automobile but it’s not allowed is it, no it’s not – it just ‘happened’

It's a £400k Rolls, they're not going to be flooding the streets. Interestingly in 1900 Charles Rolls said "The electric car is perfectly noiseless and clean. There is no smell or vibration. They should become very useful when fixed charging stations can be arranged."

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

It's a £400k Rolls, they're not going to be flooding the streets. Interestingly in 1900 Charles Rolls said "The electric car is perfectly noiseless and clean. There is no smell or vibration. They should become very useful when fixed charging stations can be arranged."

But they are making this behemoth to be, how do I put it - net zero compliant?

And it’s not just the Rolls, its pretty much all of them but you still seem to think EVs are made from recyclable compost, I suggest you really sit down and think for a moment, but that is impossible as you are blinded too much by experts

45 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

Its a beauty, absolutely stunning. If i had the funds i would order one immediately, if possible, as i expect them to sell out in record time.

9 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Oh I don't know really  ............... holidaying Devon from Kent and popping down to Penzance for the day meant that the miles ranged from brilliant motorway to dead slow dual carriageway thru' myriad agonising roadworks in Cornwall especially  ....  where i actually turned the engine off for some minutes whilst waiting ..... to zipping along at 70 mph or so to slow hill climbing behind trucks and all inbetween 

Guessing maybe 500 miles to a tankful of 80.1 ltrs on this trip ............. generally I'm assuming day to day at home just trundling around in ordinary traffic it's about 18 to 24 'ish or so to I know maybe 30 mpg from years back when I measured it coz i had that interest and not so much dosh£££ ...............  just fill her up these days and often when the orange light appears when i know she's about 100 miles range left in the tank

I have found in the past that trundling along at 70 mph fully laden gave the best mpg at just over the 30 mark 

Did 1098 miles this trip Tuesday 11th to Monday 17th back to home

Lovely journey, wow, the autumnal leaves colours just astounding 👍

The beauty and joy of gliding effortlessly in an aged Ls400 is simply unsurpassable 

Malc

A great car no doubt, for me the best is unsurprising long runs where I can get arond 420 miles on a tank but I drive quick so its not at all bad. Mixed is about 250 or so before the light goes off but add another 40 or 50 miles to that if you want to drive it till it stops. I never had a car run out on me, you need to get to know your car from an early stage and what miles you can get and what you can get when the light appears.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Its a beauty, absolutely stunning. If i had the funds i would order one immediately, if possible, as i expect them to sell out in record time.

We know the clientele that will buy these, dont think the 3 Tonne weight is too much of a worry for them

18 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

A scam, nothing more nothing less
It just happened - the banning of combustion engine cars that account for < 14% of greenhouse gases in the planet.

Politicians, not to be trusted

• Thanks 1

Government noise cameras aim to fine drivers with loud exhausts

https://www.evo.co.uk/news/22762/government-noise-cameras-aim-to-fine-drivers-with-loud-exhausts

They wont stop till the cars are off the road will they?

I don’t really agree with this noise pollution crap, many cars particularly with 6 or more cylinders sound pretty fruity out of the factory as that is what they sound like and its a pretty distinct sound at that - clapped out max powered cars as are different story and should be banned but what can you do because you can’t differentiate between one which is stock and one which is max powered so much that houses reverberate when it passes by

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links