Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have an ES loaner. I'm having a Victor Kiam moment...

Mincey

It's a 70 plate F Sport. Solid as a rock, more comfortable than my IS300h F Sport. Seems to have all the goodies. I'm finding out the cost of change when I pick my IS up later. Excitement level: Epic!

I am seriously impressed. If they make me a decent offer I'm having it. My only gripe would be that the indicators don't feel too solid but other than that, it's great. I did get wheelspin when I left the filling station to pull back onto the A47 but that's FWD on a damp road. I'm not sure I'd miss RWD to be honest. I loved the way the seats go back to allow easier entry and exit. It's the perfect thing for the "larger figure"... 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

It's a 70 plate F Sport. Solid as a rock, more comfortable than my IS300h F Sport. Seems to have all the goodies. I'm finding out the cost of change when I pick my IS up later. Excitement level: Epic!

Love the title 😎

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mincey said:

I just took the current Mrs Mincey out for a spin. She was impressed. I have not broached the subject of potentially purchasing it yet.....

You don't need to James she knew the minute you brought it home 🤣 wonder what the trade off will be 🤔🤣

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

You don't need to James she knew the minute you brought it home 🤣 wonder what the trade off will be 🤔🤣

I dread to think. I once bought a new bass guitar and she insisted on being given an engagement ring. This could be expensive, or hurt a lot, or both!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, paulrnx said:

Excellent!!! Look forward to hearing more. Forget the fuel pump replacement on the IS then. Sorted.

Yes that's someone else's problem now 🙂 It's probably a bit excessive to buy another car instead of waiting but such is life.

9 hours ago, Arnett said:

Actually just grinned and smiled as I read through this. Spec  & colour ? 

It's an F-Sport with Tech and Safety Pack in Azure Blue. My first blue car - previous cars have either been black or silver. 

Congratulations James! It is a very beautiful car imo! I have never driven one but friend of mine bought a brand new couple of months ago, he should come for a dinner today and hopefully he will be driving his new ES so I can take it for a little run. I don't even know what to expect from ES, it will be interesting! 

Add photos of your new car too! 

Vlad

Congratulations, probably asking the wrong person. But how does the ES compare in size to the IS. When I have seen the ES the bonnet seems huge making the car look very wide. Is it bigger to drive and park?

enjoy 

Paul 

2 minutes ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

Congratulations, probably asking the wrong person. But how does the ES compare in size to the IS. When I have seen the ES the bonnet seems huge making the car look very wide. Is it bigger to drive and park?

enjoy 

Paul 

I can't comment on parking it yet, but it feels the same size to drive - it doesn't feel like getting into a bus. The boot is vast and even with the driver's seat set for a 5'11" pie-eating, cider loving hunk like me, there are taxi levels of legroom in the back. Mr Mincey did comment that I seemed further away from her when I took her for a spin, which can only be a good thing really. The IS is 1.81m wide whereas the ES is 1.86m wide, so there's not a lot in it really. Lengthwise the ES is 4.97m and the IS is 4.68m.

Wow - Lovley car

I must say that was quick - it went from a loan car to yours in 24 hours and you've got your private plane on aswell !!

I know BMW loan cars are specifically for that purpose - do lexus just pick one from the forecourt and loan it out?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisermark said:

Wow - Lovley car

I must say that was quick - it went from a loan car to yours in 24 hours and you've got your private plane on aswell !!

I know BMW loan cars are specifically for that purpose - do lexus just pick one from the forecourt and loan it out?

No that's not my plate and I don't have it yet - I just photoshopped one of the images of it from their online ad 🙂

I think it's a great sales technique. Loan a customer a model of the next one up in the range and see if they bite. It worked this time! The guy who sold me my IS parked next to me in that car when I took mine in for a service and I did think it looked rather nice. Never thought I'd own it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mincey said:

Here we go. I'm sure I'll get a tug from the Rozzers about the numberplate screws but hey-ho. 

xxl_kfz1353842_fl70clv-2.jpg

Is it also Superman spec ? (Red interior ?)

That colour is one of the most beautiful looking Blue ever. Congratulations 🙂

--E

• Like 1

You picked the best color, the best version ( f sport) a true looker. 

Although the cars overall dimensions are not that different the big difference is inside. Frontdrive instead of RWD gives it a much bigger interior. The rear legroom is just incredible whereas in the IS that was a little cramped. On top of that i found the drivetrain more refined than in the IS. Both 2.5 hybrids but the change over from petrol to Battery is just butterysmooth and not noticable in the ES it feels one step above. Comfort is another thing. Dont know about the F sport but i found the normal version of the ES incredibly comfortable and soft. I was tempted to go for one but my wife didnt like it. She told me i looked like a chauffeur and asked if i was on my way to the prime minister!

Nice car, i am convinced you will like it as it is a much better drive than the IS.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, e-yes said:

Is it also Superman spec ? (Red interior ?)

That colour is one of the most beautiful looking Blue ever. Congratulations 🙂

--E

Thank you 🙂 No, it's black inside. I had a friend with a black Alfa 156 with a red interior which we all called "The Pimp Mobile"....

27 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

You picked the best color, the best version ( f sport) a true looker. 

Although the cars overall dimensions are not that different the big difference is inside. Frontdrive instead of RWD gives it a much bigger interior. The rear legroom is just incredible whereas in the IS that was a little cramped. On top of that i found the drivetrain more refined than in the IS. Both 2.5 hybrids but the change over from petrol to battery is just butterysmooth and not noticable in the ES it feels one step above. Comfort is another thing. Dont know about the F sport but i found the normal version of the ES incredibly comfortable and soft. I was tempted to go for one but my wife didnt like it. She told me i looked like a chauffeur and asked if i was on my way to the prime minister!

Nice car, i am convinced you will like it as it is a much better drive than the IS.

It is very smooth and Mrs Mincey said how quiet it was compared to the IS, less rumbly. Over the bumps it bangs and thumps significantly less. There's a bit of road near out local hospital where I think my teeth are going to come out going along in the IS, but the ES just ignored them. I was expecting another harsh ride with it being an F Sport and on 19" wheels but it's very very good. Very wafty - much like my much missed IS250.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links